Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

You say that like shotos being strong is a bad thing!

I'm not so much complaining about Shoto's, I'm complaining about Fei.
    I've been saying he's probably still gonna be viable, but after seeing his changes I really don't think so.
    Nerfs across the board, only buffs were to his ultra juggle and CG. Oh, and Cr.MP (As if people weren't using it enough already).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    I've been saying he's probably still gonna be viable, but after seeing his changes I really don't think so.
    Nerfs across the board, only buffs were to his ultra juggle and CG. Oh, and Cr.MP (As if people weren't using it enough already).

He needed the nerfs, char was rly rly strong. I really just love the nerf to his rekka and cr.lk :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

He's tippy top in 2012, and what's more he's a very boring one to watch (bear in mind who's saying this). He needs a nerf or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

It's just Ken in his white colour, look closely and you can tell it's him.

So it is, shadow made his hair look dark.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Oh god, that's a nightmare waiting to happen. Gonna be fun to watch it blow up......one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

money fighter arcade edition ultra whiff panic..

i like how they call it free online play..

it cost me 500 bucks to start playing this game 18 months ago..
    monitor, xbox, fightstick, ae, xbla pass..

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

i like how they call it free online play..

it cost me 500 bucks to start playing this game 18 months ago..
    monitor, xbox, fightstick, ae, xbla pass..
    You mean you don't get it beamed directly into your brain like the rest of us?

I wonder how gambling laws will affect this in the US. Also, aside from latency, I'm amazed Marvel wasn't chosen also.

nah. my buddy had one of those head beam things.. there very expenisive though no? and theres a newer MORE expensive one out now i hear also..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Online money matches - what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Chris IWS wrote: »
    I wonder how gambling laws will affect this in the US. Also, aside from latency, I'm amazed Marvel wasn't chosen also.

Is it gambling?
    Technically its a game of skill rather than a game of chance, so it might be a loophole to beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

PPC wrote: »
    Is it gambling?
    Technically its a game of skill rather than a game of chance, so it might be a loophole to beat that.
    "In 2014 online poker is legal in the US. It does not fall under the legislation for internet sports betting which is still illegal. The biggest problem US players face is that online poker sites often ban any transactions for US players due to the banking regulations, not the legality of the online games."
    There are workarounds, of course. And Combofiend wouldn't be commenting on this himself if there was a hint of illegality about it. Just interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

PPC wrote: »
    Is it gambling?
    Oh Boy. This topic again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Oh Boy. This topic again.

Podcast #5: my fight money

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Between computer crashes and xbl running out, no more sf until Ultra drops :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Rolento is sick.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Elena is the best.

• Advertisement

Guilty as charged, I was asked to be on team world with Deiminion et al as I was one of the first in the loc test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

They put the dinosaur and space stages in IV? They don't fit at all :/
    I thought when they said they were adding stages it would be the Mad gear stage, pitstop stage and well, ones that make sense in street fighter, they didn't add the mammoth one did they? urk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Danonino. wrote: »
    They put the dinosaur and space stages in IV? They don't fit at all :/
    I thought when they said they were adding stages it would be the Mad gear stage, pitstop stage and well, ones that make sense in street fighter, they didn't add the mammoth one did they? urk

The added stages are Pitstop 109, Skatepark, Mad Gear Hideout, Steel Mill, Space Station and Dinosaur Park. The others were not added because they're too tied to SFxT or Tekken.

The stages they are adding have had all the Tekken references removed, so Alex the boxing raptor is removed from the Park and all the billboards in the skatepark have been replaced with soley SF related artwork.

And yeah, I agree, the dinosaurs especially seem out of place.

just a perspective on match ups

SF4 vanilla had 300 unique mus (325 if you wanna include mirrors)

USF4 with past incarnations tecnically has 16471 different mu's disregarding ultra 2 and mix

Get hype

Art Salmons had the best comment on SRK: "This is the best news ever. Now Claw can choose between crappy, very crappy, and extremely crappy versions."

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/440332922609217536

Looks like the tourney organisers are a bit wary...

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/440332922609217536

Looks like the tourney organisers are a bit wary...

Wait, is Edition Select built into the core game and not a separate mode? If it's not separate that sounds completely insane.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I really like the idea. I strongly dislike the idea being implemented at USF4 launch.

madness!

• Advertisement

Also, I should mention that I actually love the idea of the mode, but I would prefer it be very separate for online games at least.

Offline I would of course ban it in tournaments without hesitation. On further thought I don't actually think it needs a separate mode outside of Ranked.

Advertisement