Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    what about that screen with alex in it ? slamming hugo ?
    3:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVUuzN2ezvI

Confirmed fake.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Wow, if that's going to be the case then Gen could have access to 4 ultras at any one time! :pac:

But as you say, highly unlikely we'll see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Rob2D wrote: »
    Wow, if that's going to be the case then Gen could have access to 4 ultras at any one time! :pac:

Ban Gen. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 VagaBlonde

TWO Ultras? Oh dear. I can't see that happening. I saw a recent interview on YT with Seth Killian where he gave his pick for the final Ultra character [but did so with zero insider knowledge]. He hopes/reckons it's Haggar.

I also read somewhere [forget where] that it apparently is someone the fans have been dying to see in SF for years. I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

Speaking of this final character...

Having just gotten back into SF/SFIV recently and reaquainting myself with the current storylines, I just played through as Balrog and saw his ending again which I forgot all about. That kid he 'saves' with the foreboding glowy hand mark thing going on? First thing I thought was he could be the new character - has there been any speculation/information on who he is? Would be a very under the radar choice, not to mention a hell of an anticlimax...especially if he turns out to be ANOTHER replacement body/clone/who-gives-a-toss character.

It would also contradict the stuff I read about it being someone the fans were frothing at the mouth for.

I'll wrap up my post by adding some outlandish not-a-snowball's-chance-in-hell picks to that list, just for the hell of it. Diet Coke.

-Evil/Brainwashed/Violent Ken [SFII anime hooded robe and all] would be just swell;
    -Strider Hiryu [my arse];
    -Ingrid [screw the character, I just want that music back with a groovy SFIV stylee remix YEAH!];
    -Doctrine Dark? EX was good. Foch da HATAZ/YOLO/SWAG. They do reportly remain on good terms with Arika so this doesn't seem unfathomable.

If we get the kid, that will be such an anticlimax in that rather irritating 'Seth' sort of way. Ergo, in advance, he shall be known as Little ****. I hope Balrog gets hungry on the walk home and eats the little bastard.

TL;DR: Hello everyone. I think Haggar is the new character...but I would prefer it to be Brainwashed Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Rob2D wrote: »

But as you say, highly unlikely we'll see this.

Yeah, that would be ridiculous. Anti-air / juggle, punish fireballs, comboable, ambiguous cross-up... Gen's Ultras are already ridiculously good. If he had access to both, you'd land them every round you got them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

VagaBlonde wrote: »
    TL;DR: Hello everyone. I think Haggar is the new character...but I would prefer it to be Brainwashed Ken.

It's been confirmed that the fifth character will be making their FG debut - so that eliminates all of those possibilities. http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/17/ultra-street-fighter-ivs-mysterious-fifth-character-will-be-making-their-fighting-game-debut/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 VagaBlonde

Oops. Heard that detail before somewhere but forgot all about it. Feel a bit silly now. When I started writing that, I couldn't remember if it was that the character hadn't been in any beat 'em ups at all or just Street Fighter games specifically. Figured the latter.

Been out of the Capcom loop [and many others] for quite some time - I couldn't even tell you with any great degree of certainlty who's in MvC3 or UMvC3!

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Rumored additional balance changes for Akuma, Dhalsim and C.Viper.

Akuma.
    More recovery on jump back air fireball.
    C.HK can no longer be cancelled to Ultra 1.
    DP can no longer be fadc on second hit.

Dhalsim
    Damage reverted back to super levels.
    That should see these moves increased as follows.
    Jumping Hard Punch increased to 85 from 80
    B + Hard Kick does 110, up from 90.
    B + Hard Punch does 120, up from 110.
    B + Light Kick does 40, up from 30.

Ex.Yoga Blast no longer causes hard knockdown.

C.Viper.
    C.MK buffed hitbox.
    Slightly more recovery on burn kick.
    Start up of burn kick is grounded now meaning you can land full combo's on her during the start up of the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Azza wrote: »
    Rumored additional balance changes for Akuma, Dhalsim and C.Viper.

Akuma.
    More recovery on jump back air fireball.
    C.HK can no longer be cancelled to Ultra 1.
    DP can no longer be fadc on second hit.

Dhalsim
    Damage reverted back to super levels.
    That should see these moves increased as follows.
    Jumping Hard Punch increased to 85 from 80
    B + Hard Kick does 110, up from 90.
    B + Hard Punch does 120, up from 110.
    B + Light Kick does 40, up from 30.

Ex.Yoga Blast no longer causes hard knockdown.

C.Viper.
    C.MK buffed hitbox.
    Slightly more recovery on burn kick.
    Start up of burn kick is grounded now meaning you can land full combo's on her during the start up of the move.

I like the akuma nerfs, dont like everything else

When will they announce cody's damage buff?

I wish Capcom would start releasing info instead of all this rumour stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Lol at Akuma nerfs. I'd be very surprised if they don't have hidden nerfs. Akuma still the boss

There could easily be more. I pretty sure combofiend said the first list of changes where far from the only changes the characters received.

Always thought it was a bit odd that Akuma had the ability to ultra cancel his normals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I like the removal of that ****ty cr hk cancel. You see an akuma spamming sweeps all day, and you think "I'm gonna punish that you little bitch I'll focus you out", and then you get ultra'd and throw your pad through the screen.

It's not big but I'm glad he has it, it's already hard enough to focus because of his far hk anyway, he doesn't need the oppurtunity to take stupid u1 damage.

I wonder will the extra akuma nerfs be nerfs to his vortex setter uppers, removing vortex options seems to be something they are going for in alot of their changes to other chars, like ibuki.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Akuma should lose his vortex?

Like, we don't want the characters genericised into the ground, do we? Lets nerf sonic boom recovery, light scissors kick recovery, hondas headbutt, Gief's throw range, and anything else that makes a character different or effective while we're at it...

There's got to be a better way to balance than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I think every character should become a box of equal size and movement speed with one move.

Doyler01 wrote:
    I think every character should become a box of equal size and movement speed with one move.

Dive Kick!

Akuma for the most part will still be able to spam C.HK, because its a relatively safe normal. Even if he looses ultra cancel he can just switch to S.HK to break armor if he senses a focus attack coming or use C.MK to ultra cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

If they're going to change Akuma they should take away his ability to vortex/hard knockdown specials along with sweep after lk tatsu. He would still be good but I don't think they will do that.

His changes now are fine. Cr mk buffered with demon is his best asset for big damage along with cr hk. Cr mk to demon is a great anti air and underused by Akuma players. I don't think these changes are set in stone yet and some may be altered.

Bring on The King buffs please!

Sagat buffs: last hit of light Tiger Knee does 1 more damage.
    Sagat nerfs: Tiger Uppercut is removed from the game.

Plllleeaaaassse don't be ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

^ Shows promise, but we can only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Looks savage. Great to see the actors putting in work. Most important part imo.

Lets hope they can improve Kens DP. 1st one was awful lol

More changes.

Zangief got range on his Light SPD nerfed slightly.

Ryu had DP shortcut motion removed from his c.mk so he can more consistently do c.mk xx fireball and not accidentally get a DP.

Cody can FADC his regular Zonk Kunckle (broken move)

Dudley has improved footsies

Dudley c.mk has a faster start up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Ryu had DP shortcut motion removed from his c.mk so he can more consistently do c.mk xx fireball and not accidentally get a DP.

Now everyone can do the Red special.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

if normal bingo is fadc cancellable means it will be super cancellable... which means that its a good buff :P

More changes.

Zangief got range on his Light SPD nerfed slightly.

Cody can FADC his regular Zonk Kunckle (broken move)

Dudley has improved footsies

Dudley c.mk has a faster start up.

lnkplz?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Wow, take all the skill out of playing ryu crapcom

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Red350 wrote: »

Time to come back, ken can jab into sweep

• Advertisement

Red350 wrote: »

Now you will have to learn how to properly cancel c.mk into DP, scrub!

Advertisement