Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The Briain storyline is the weakest and most unbelievable of the lot. Nuala an old friend of Berni suddenly turns against Berni. See's the Sorcha video then believes Briain's story. Makes no sense at all anyone else would have run a mile. They have to make Nuala really gullible as result how can the viewer believe that?

The Bobbi Lee wedding storyline, Vince/Vanessa/Catriona storyline and the Tadgh/Sonny storyline are all great.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Any guesses who the body is?

I would say it is connected to Tadgh's auld fella. Given his history of violence etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Well this is interesting now. Remember Tadhg and Maggie found out they're brother & sister. Maggie's father, the very strict headmaster is also Tadhg's father and that's why Tadhg had a very difficult realtiinshio with his non biological dad - Daddy O'Direain. Tadhg never knew his father went his real father but the father knew which is why he beat Tadhg and was so tough on him.

That's why Tadhg can't hand over DNA, because genetically speaking he's not O'Direain.

I hope everything I've said above makes sense. I had copped it watching tonight and then they showed Tadhg talking to Maggie's pic to jog our memories.

Sonny is smelling a rat now though and will start putting 2 and 2 together very quickly.

I love the irony that Tadhg often said in the past - ‘Is O'Direain mé’ or ‘Nach bhfuil O'Direain thú?’ Yet he knows well he not an O'Direain himself!

• Advertisement

Season Finale s26 - promo

Good to see Luke back tonight but I thought the scenes between him and Briain seemed to be filmed strangly if that makes any sense?

Yeah I know what you mean. I think they were trying to focus in the facial expressions of both characters. Briain so we could think and see how twisted he is.

And Luke, so we could see Luke thinking this fella is not all there.

New actress Síle who acts as Crystal.

Former teacher started acting for the craic late in life. To me she is like RNR answer to Dolly Parton.

I have to be honest, I thought Coilin was already dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The actor who played him died a couple of years ago

I can't believe it! I really hoped he would finally get his comeuppance in the finale. Now he will go on. It's never ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

It's heading for the Katy v Dee effect i fear, where they go on and on and on and eventually the waters get so muddy'd in the past we just "forget" the bad things Briain has done.

i get they love to hang onto a good baddie (Andy for example) for longer then they should sometimes, but i feel it would have been much more satisfactory if Andy had finished Briain off tbh... And as his swan song i feel it would have given a better ending with Andy doing one good thing for Bernie albeit a murder before he dies himself...

I agree 100%. I really wanted Andy to finish off Briain. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Andy in the end, even though I shouldn't after all he's done!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Bobbi-Lee will murder Mack when she finds out about what happened to Niall

I have just caught up. Thought exactly the same things. Was sure it was going to be a redemption arc for Andy. Instead we will have Briain hanging around like an oddball.

RnR legal incompetence to suit a storyline is never is believable, O'Shea is basically as much an eejit as Tony most of time. But we are told investigations take time! She only ever goes on about 'conflict of interest' or how a matter is 'confidential'. Yet as broken those herself on numerous occasions!

RnR must be littered with dead bodies over the decades, and as for the health system and public representatives, they must be one of the worst in the country!

I feel RnR needs an TD character as the only real attempted authority we see on the show is O'Shea. Would be great to have a dodgy TD for planning decisions tie in with the Sonny storyline. Could be the new dodgy character. No doubt Briain will be made to disappear (2 or 3 seasons from now) by sending his character to Australia. Dublin, or even Galway. It is rare any character gets back from Galway/Dublin in RnR. It probably won't even be prison!

I think this is from ‘Na Rún’ ? RnR for teenagers.

Scene - Young girl working first day in at salon Lionnir.

Ros na Run back next week!

Briain v Andy show down all set up so, assume that will be the S27 Finale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Hatshepsut

I am so glad it's back, I practically suffered withdrawal symptoms when it finished for the summer.

Now that Briain has his positive paternity test, how the hell in Berni gonna keep him away from Leonora? Andy has the measure of the creep now though and I never thought I'd be supportive of him but I hope he dishes out revenge a plenty on the sleamadóir. He knows he ran over his mother, raped his sister, tried to smother him - oh ya, Briain will majorly get his comeuppance.

I enjoyed having Tadhg and his remarks back last week, like when he referred to Crystal as Chandelier!!! The face on him though when he saw her food truck was pretty priceless, she's well able for him.

A new Realtin!

Never mind Charles III - it is Realtin a trí!

They have gradually went from the clean cut girly actresses, to an actress playing a surly type version with lots of attitude. There will obviously be young 'Katy 2.0' type story lines in the pipeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

I hate it when they make a character look so stupid! Like David couldn't manage to put a knife in his pocket. Or like he couldn't have told Annette that he forgot his keys or something to go back for it.

Yeah the writing natural flow and realism was by and large far more superior in the old Ros Na Run’s on YouTube. They are much more enjoyable as a result. They used to go for realism instead of outlandish stuff.

The modern RnR’s are ruined by unbelievable stuff, and desperate creation of storylines that make completely no sense when they keep pushing it.

I honestly think the modern writers are lazy. Not much attention to detail. An ‘it will do, sure who will notice?’ attitude. It is a pity because the quality of acting is great.

Feel sorry for them when they are let down by the writing. Anyway the knives/knife is out!

Are they not posting anymore of the old RnR's on Youtube now that the season has begun? Been waiting for more episodes on Season 5 but it's been almost 2 weeks. Was so enjoying catching up on old episodes that I missed.

They have been putting 2 new episodes up on YouTube each Wednesday from season 5.

Thanks Kauto! I pulled up the Season 5 and it ends with Episode 12...but when I do a different search, I see the additional episodes!

I am a bit disappointed the way they are setting the Catriona/Vince thing back together. I was looking forwards to the 'odd couple' storylines between Catriona/David. They used to have that great odd couple with the two bachelors Coli and Seamus M.Tom. I was hoping for more of the same with Catriona/David.

• Advertisement

Bungalow Bríd was a good one.

Advertisement