Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cait Nic Run

Macdara and the actor playing Sonny are enjoying a good hamfest!

As far as feeling sorry for Tadhg....erm. Yeah. Not really. Tadhg has changed a lot from the nasty, venal predator of early RnR to being, "Not-a-Villain". He's probably the "Anti-hero we deserve" or something. Honestly, the only thing I felt sorry for T was the whole Maggie business. Had they been able to be together when they were young...and leave...they would have lived happily ever after. And never known about their genetic relationship.

But instead, the series literally began with the very strong implication T either killed Old Jack for his house/land or , had a deadly accident during a heated argument, where T was responsible for, at the very least, failing to render aid. Then took the land/house(forget which) and hoped Rita and Jack wouldn't put 2 and 2 together. But Eimear found the lost will hidden in the walls and Tadhg was forced to pay out.

That is Tadhg. He will kill to get what he feels entitled to.

That said, he has changed and Aine was a big part of that. But "changed" does not mean he's an angel. It just means he's going to a less hot place in Hell. ;)

And that's okay. He has developed empathy over the years, mostly of the "Ah, you're kinda like me so I'll indulge you" sort.

Mo, Aine, even Katy: they're all are scrappy in a way he understands. That seems to be the way into his so called heart...fiestyness.

He's a great character, but I'm not going to glorify him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I was a bit confused by that final scene between Colm and Alex. Is he handing Harry over to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I got the impression Alex changed her mind. I could be wrong. It was all very contrived waffle about being abandoned etc. Badly written.

Basically one of them ‘abandons’ Harry. Thought the whole thing made no sense. Alex left Charlie, because Charlie wanted a baby. Now a 180 shoehorned in for drama. Suddenly Alex is all interested in Harry??

Silly stuff from the writers IMO no consistency- we should at least have been given a build up of Alex taking an interest. It seemed rushed. Plus the obvious thing would be Alex to stay in RnR with Colm. Or Colm go to Singapore with Alex. Seems to be one of those times where the writers wrote themselves into a corner again??

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cait Nic Run

Plot clumsiness because they wanted the baby off the show imo. Understandable, but like you said, could have been done better. Was nice to see Michelle Beamish, tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Anybody still here? Haven't seen any posts in a long time.

• Advertisement

Meeee!!

Malachi is looking very old these days!

I wonder does Luke genuinely want to help Briain or what is he up to??

I just watched The Queen vs. Patrick O'Donnell on TG4. A couple actors from Ros na Run in it. Katie, Angela and Donncha! Nice to see them still acting.

I think Luke does want to help. Briain's intentions are suspect, though!

Why is that Ruari fella helping Brian anyway? I have forgotten the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hatshepsut

I really cannot see the connection and think possibly RnR have lost the reason why also.

I felt a little bit sick for Bernie this eve as Brian the sleamadóir put 2 & 2 together. He has always repulsed me long before he was a rapist. Even though Tony is the fall guy who's a bit innocent, tight and old fashioned - I am a huge fan and I have really lost faith in Luke as Bernie's potential love interest.

• Advertisement

Yes, I agree. I never liked Briain..just was always creepy. Poor Tony, he really cares for Bernie. And I also don't see why Rory is helping Briain.

I think the Briain character is acted superbly the audience are supposed to dislike him. Like a more subtle ‘Andy’. Always on the edge of snapping.

Credit where it is due for Colm Mac Gearailt.

I did laugh at the scene with the towel on the head. My first reaction was nice to see a bit of realism not many towel covered heads in soaps. Then it was revealed why. I thought it was very clever writing- simple effective.

As for the Rory - Briain alliance. I thought about it’s start. Rory was ostracised or recently shunned by the community. Because of his ‘open relationship’ Emma - Michelle. Plus he was humiliated by being tied up in the community centre and left in his boxers.

So I think the angle was Rory feels empathy for Briain because the community turned on him once as well. Plus Rory sees it as only right that Briain’s child is recognised. If Rory’s suspicions are proven correct etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Am I wrong g or did this used to be a little raci? When I came here first I remember some very fine women and good romantic plots with the suggestion of panky etcetera

Funny you say that. Because I watch the old 90’s episodes on YouTube in parallel. I can compare and contrast. 90’s/00’s RnR they were the soap equivalent of being at it like rabbits.

Only in the last RnR retro episode I learnt the Irish word for condom is coiscín! 🤨

Special credit has to go to the former head of Radio Pobail RnR. Sean Brennan was the characters name. Some stamina!

He was with every eligible on screen female from the radio station. Plus not only that even managed to go out with the doctor. And an ex nun. There was even a lovebite in the ex nun/Sean storyline.

Shelia former employee of Radio Pobal RnR is not particularly chosey. About her ‘piosa sproai’. A phrase which was once used a lot in RnR. And not forgetting Liam whose romantic life and escapades are were the major storyline drivers. Oh and there was even one occasion where the character Carmel O’Doherty seduced Liam.

Same woman tried the same with Tadgh just on the promise/hope of a job at the bar! So yeah. You are correct it used to be all go in RnR!

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Who was Ronan's grandmother? Are we meant to know her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Gru

Tony's mother was bothering me since i saw the preview earlier as she looked so familiar, its just hit me am i wrong? is it the same actress who played Jack's mother in the old ros na run on youtube?

Bríd Sinclair or something???

Exactly what I thought. I am checking it now. Actress who played Brid in the old RnR was 'Máire Ní Mháille'

And drumroll.... first name on credits for the last episode - 'Máire Ní Mháille'. Playing Brid Choneannain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Gru

It's a pity she's a different character, would have been a big village shocker if she was still Bríd sinclair and Tony was Jacks younger brother :D Berni would have been in shock but would have been nice if she greeted her with a "long time no see bríd" and it would be lovely to see her back in her (jacks) cafe :)

Tony could have been an illegitimate son. And Brid looking for her first grandchild etc. The writers really missed a trick there. Then there is the cúl Caint link as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Is it time to bring Róise back? Or was she killed off?

• Advertisement

I can't remember exactly what happened to her. I think maybe she went off to start a new life after the ordeal of the rape and everything.

I'm catching up on Season 4 at the moment. Really enjoying the classic episodes!

I believe her and her sister, Riona, went to France to live. Vince went back to visit them not too long ago.

Watching the old episodes is giving me a strong dislike for Maire. She was so horrible to poor Bernie.

True but when you think of it Bernie created the situation herself in the first place.

Tricking Liam into marrying him - wanting rid of Liam - then doing a u-turn - then not accepting that Liam wanted to move on - then out of spite was going deny Liam access to Evan.

There is a pair of them in it when it comes to Berni and Maire. Both capable of spitefulness and deviousness. With a large dose of self righteousness. With one thing in common they want to control Liam.

Vera would have made a better guard than Tony. I do find it odd though. Have shouted at the telly - 'Tá fhios agaibh go léir is í Brid Sinclair!'

Vera becoming an important RnR character in on everything.

I do have to laugh at the facial expressions of disgust Vera (Máire Ní Mháille) uses. Treats Briain like a bad smell.

This new character Briain met online Nuala? Reminds me of a younger version of the character Maggie. Seems like a good actress.

Well, looks like Bobbie Lee will be taking diet pills to lose weight and probably pass out at her wedding.

I've been watching series 4 on YouTube and the 2 episodes that were put up tonight were just fantastic! Such powerful acting!

• Advertisement

How does Briain keep getting away with it?!

Advertisement