Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Union jack, whats the bid deal?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

McArmalite wrote: »
    Maybe you could dress like these ladies who are obviously proud of the Butcher's Apron. Doubtless now I'm going to get the usual West Brits tell us to " move on " (where to ? ) and how to accept the butcher's apron " is a sign of our maturity as a nation "

http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/jul2006/gks_060712_9048_union_flag_umbrellas.jpg

Nah, you might get a post about your complete incomprehension of context though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

PomBear wrote: »
    Most people only know the twisted media manipulated version of the armed struggle. The Vast Majority know **** all of the harassment of this land and don't know to what extent the Irish abused, maimed and killed. but don't worry the PC brigade won't let anyone tell any bad stories only fill our heads with good ones like 'everythings going to be ok, trust us and we'll look after you'
    Quite frankly, I couldn't give a fúck what happened.

Welcome to 2009.

ok so dressing up as a minstrel is ok because it was a stupid part of entertainment and nothing to do with black people
    I love minstrels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

Most people only know the twisted media manipulated version of the armed struggle. The Vast Majority know **** all of the harassment of this land and don't know to what extent the Irish abused, maimed and killed. but don't worry the PC brigade won't let anyone tell any bad stories only fill our heads with good ones like 'everythings going to be ok, trust us and we'll look after you'
    The closet ( and not so closet ) unionists are coming out again PomBear. Expect plenty of lectures about ' our ' maturity as a nation etc, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

Its quite funny. Irish people seem to be a quite tolerant people. Yet when it comes to people being offended by the union jack they simply wont tolerate it. I dont understand this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Quite frankly, I couldn't give a fúck what happened.

Welcome to 2009.
    I feel sorry for you, I really do

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The closet ( and not so closet ) unionists are coming out again PomBear. Expect plenty of lectures about ' our ' maturity as a nation etc, etc.
    Not while you're posting...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

ok so dressing up as a minstrel is ok because it was a stupid part of entertainment and nothing to do with black people

More to do with tea

Not Unionists mate, just media manipulated into conformaty and not to question the PC brigade or its capitalistic enforcers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,997 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Maybe you could dress like these ladies who are obviously proud of the Butcher's Apron. Doubtless now I'm going to get the usual West Brits tell us to " move on " (where to ? ) and how to accept the butcher's apron " is a sign of our maturity as a nation "

http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/jul2006/gks_060712_9048_union_flag_umbrellas.jpg

Didn't you post this earlier on, or am I having a déjá vu moment?

• Advertisement

I feel sorry for you, I really do
    You really really do?

We weren't that bad surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

You really really do?

He should tell us what he wants.....what he really, really wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Not Unionists mate, just media manipulated into conformaty and not to question the PC brigade or its capitalistic enforcers
    Conspiracy Thories forum is over there btw.
    Maybe when Tatcher takes control of the New World Order World Government she will silence you....

Zadkiel wrote: »
    He should tell us what he wants.....what he really, really wants.

A nation once again. Or failing that, a Zig A Zig Aah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dáibhí

This post has been deleted.

Go on, wear the Butcher's Apron and beat the British nationalist drum of the Spice Girls because you, evidently, have no national heroes of your own. You might as well be British because you clearly feel culturally at home with the airheads, illiteracy, dreadful accents, soaps, gameshows, lager louts, soccer riots, xenophobia, euroscepticism and flag-waving backwardness of that horridly jingoistic "British Isles", racist and extraordinarily anti-Irish culture. Centuries of them, and their racist contempt for the Irish people. Well done, Sashafierce. Go on and wear the British flag that flew over Kilmainham jail when James Connolly was strapped to a chair and murdered by the supposedly civilised British. A British flag which claims all of Ireland in its very design. Wear the flag that flew over the concentration camps of South Africa as tens of thousands of women and children died. Such morals, or else such a profound lack of awareness. Show me your friends ....
    http://www.briancreese.co.uk/Bloody%20Sunday%2001.JPG
    (http://www.fredhoare.com/page2.htm)

PS: Just to reiterate: please do walk the streets of Dublin wearing a Union Jack. Please.

Dáibhí wrote: »
    Go on, wear the Butcher's Apron and beat the British nationalist drum of the Spice Girls because you, evidently, have no national heroes of your own. You might as well be British because you clearly feel culturally at home with the airheads, illiteracy, dreadful accents, soaps, gameshows, lager louts, soccer riots, xenophobia, euroscepticism and flag-waving backwardness of that horridly jingoistic "British Isles", racist and extraordinarily anti-Irish culture. Centuries of them, and their racist contempt for the Irish people. Well done, Sashafierce. Go on and wear the British flag that flew over Kilmainham jail when James Connolly was strapped to a chair and murdered by the supposedly civilised British. A British flag which claims all of Ireland in its very design. Wear the flag that flew over the concentration camps of South Africa as tens of thousands of women and children died. Such morals, or else such a profound lack of awareness. Show me your friends ....
    http://www.briancreese.co.uk/Bloody%20Sunday%2001.JPG
    (http://www.fredhoare.com/page2.htm)

PS: Just to reiterate: please do walk the streets of Dublin wearing a Union Jack. Please.
    Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

Winters wrote: »
    Conspiracy Thories forum is over there btw.
    Maybe when Tatcher takes control of the New World Order World Government she will silence you....

Go back to reading the news of the world and watching Kerry Katona

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

O_o

This thread is going all over the place and has too many hotheads trying to score points off of each other. We're done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement