Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Barry Grandfather Brutally attacked..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

RIP.
    Very saddening, my grandparents died long ago, but I would urge any of you who's grandparents or elderly parents live alone to take that little extra time to ensure that their homes are secure and check on them more often.
    With scum like this in the country the least we can do is be vigilant.
    I keep a baseball bat beside the bed I'd have no qualms using it if anyone broke into my home or threatened my loved ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Zadkiel wrote: »
    I keep a baseball bat beside the bed I'd have no qualms using it if anyone broke into my home or threatened my loved ones.

That's grand if you're young enough to be able to use it to smack someone down without having to worry about them getting back up again, but a man in the 84th year of his life probably isn't much of a threat to a burglar with a base ball bat.

Legally held firearm is the way to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Its very sad to hear the death of Mr Barry.. but it was very sad also to hear he was attacked in his own home.

My granny is in her ninties and lives alone the though of her being attached in her own home makes me feel physically sick.

I really struggle to see what we owe the perpetrators of these crimes, what consideration do we as a society owe people like this?

Just lock them up for a long stretch - do not consider their circumstances - these crimes are beyond the pale in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

gerry28 wrote: »
    I really struggle to see what we owe the perpetrators of these crimes, what consideration do we as a society owe people like this?

We owe them a good hiding with a hurley tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mrangryishere

my condolences to the barry family!my family are from the same part of the city (griffith place/yellow road),my aunt used to run a small hucksters shop on mount sion ave and was robbed and attacked on several occasions,often by locals,my grandmother was also robbed at knife point in her home on griffith place,sad to see that this type of crime is still being commited in a part of the city that is by and large populated by older people-guess they are considered a soft touch by the scum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

It says alot about this country at the moment where we can find millons to pay for free legal aid for serial offenders and garda drivers for our jet setting high life loving minsters but our goverment cant be arsed protecting our young or elderly....it seem to be that the only use most of us are to the likes of FF is for paying taxes which in turn looks after the big shots and scum of this country.RIP Paddy Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I know in Ireland, we have this thing that the two primary causes of sudden unexpected deaths in Ireland in terms of people dying for reasons not relating to an existing medical condition, are probably accepted to be road traffic accidents and suicides. Say you said maybe 1,000 people died needlessly a year due to suicides and road traffic accidents...

My question is, how many people die each year because of scumbags??? How many people do we think might have died this year because some scumbag out of his head on drugs and drink caused their deaths???

Paddy Barry was definitely one victim... How many other people, minding their own business, representing a threat to noboby, became the target of a scumbag and lost their life over it???

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Sinderella

How very very sad. I can't imagine what that poor man's last moments were like at the hands of those sick, evil, selfish ba$tards.

I can't have any sympathy for the ****s that did this. It's times like this I wish there was corporal punishment. Some cruelty is just beyond human and they should not be treated as humans.

May he RIP. Thoughts & prayers to his family, they must be devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

These animals have absolutely no morals or conscience. Makes me sick. How anyone can do something like this to another person, let alone an elderly person with no real means to defend themselves. Sickening. Some people just shouldn't be allowed carry on breathing. Kinda reminds me of this story.
    Burglars have snapped the neck of an elderly woman's budgie in front of her after she refused to hand over money.

Police said the woman had lost her pet, a "soulmate" in a "brutal" manner.

Every so often something like this happens and it sends everyone up in a heap talking about this, that and the other. And in the end nothing ever actually happens to prevent something like this happening again and the thugs go on to ruin countless other lives.

These animals have absolutely no morals or conscience. Makes me sick. How anyone can do something like this to another person, let alone an elderly person with no real means to defend themselves. Sickening. Some people just shouldn't be allowed carry on breathing. Kinda reminds me of this story.

Every so often something like this happens and it sends everyone up in a heap talking about this, that and the other. And in the end nothing ever actually happens to prevent something like this happening again and the thugs go on to ruin countless other lives.
    know its not very PC but Nally had the right idea,if a few more of them got shot they would think twice before breaking into someones home

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

Darragh29 wrote: »
    If I caught an intruder in my home they would be leaving in a box. I'd rather be tried by 12 of my peers than be carried by 6 of them. Condolences to the Barry family on their tragic loss.

if you were convicted , i would personally lead a campaign to have the verdict over turned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

So sad :(

R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

flanzer wrote: »
    To add to this, I laughed a number of months back when some burglers from Darndale tried it on with a Chinese family in a neighbouring estate to mine and killed the scumbag stone dead! Seemingly they tried to take the takings from the family's restaurant and one of the scumbags got the ultimate comeuppance. Justice was truly served

EDIT: Sorry, I thought he died. Here's the story. Heros .... http://www.independent.ie/national-news/hero-father-defends-family-as-knifewielding-thugs-threaten-to-kill-his-twoweekold-son-1301203.html

I hate stories like this give them the money thick. And then no one had any chance of getting hurt.He took a great risk with his wife and kids.

If they are after money give it to them.:rolleyes:

Sad but true. I hate hearing stories of acts of cruelty towards elderly and children. They are so vulnerable and it happens too often. I've lost count of how many times I've heard reports of elderly people being robbed, beaten, raped or murdered in their own homes this year and I don't even listen to the news often!

The elderly are too often ignored in society, it's so sad. The gov't really should work on protecting them. We'll all be old some day...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

bonzos wrote: »
    know its not very PC but Nally had the right idea,if a few more of them got shot they would think twice before breaking into someones home

padraig nally is a hero and a gentleman , the man was terrorised in his own home on an on going basis , that a low life ended up dead was the result of garda incompetance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Rest in peace heart felt condolences to his family :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

I have no problem admitting I'm all for vigilantism, but understand its problems and limitations. On the other hand why can't stiffer penalties just be brought in??? Don't make it such an easy decision for these "people" to carry on what they're doing; bringing nothing but pain, loss and misery to other peoples' lives. Penalties that stretch all the way to these animals finally giving something back - be it with their time through community service or chain gangs all the way (and I'm serious about this) to the death penalty with their organs being donated to medical research or donors. As it is all they do is carry on terrorising people or if they ever do get locked up for a few weeks or months costing us money before being released and invariably re offending and ruining more lives. Things need to change.

moe_sizlak wrote: »
    padraig nally is a hero and a gentleman , the man was terrorised in his own home on an on going basis , that a low life ended up dead was the result of garda incompetance
    I would personally donate to a fund to help pay the legal fees of anyone who shot a scumbag in their home.the only peolpe who defend these low life are either (a)scumbags or (b) dreamers who dont live in the real world and think that everyone should be given a chance to defend themselves in a courth of law...they seem to for get that it may take years to get to court and during that time your life will be a living hell from these thugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I would personally donate to a fund to help pay the legal fees of anyone eho shot a scumbag in their home.

+1

Sincere sympathies to the Barry Family.

I would personally donate to a fund to help pay the legal fees of anyone who shot a scumbag in their home.the only peolpe who defend these low life are either (a)scumbags or (b) dreamers who dont live in the real world and think that everyone should be given a chance to defend themselves in a courth of law...they seem to for get that it may take years to get to court and during that time your life will be a living hell from these thugs

Ditto, all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

There are terrible rumours going around down here that a very close relation of Mr Barry has been found dead in or near the river Suir, they seem to relate to an Aunt or Cousin, we've had a couple of calls already (I work near the river) jesus this is getting worse by the minute - I'll come back when I get the report. RIP Mr Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There are terrible rumours going around down here that a very close relation of Mr Barry has been found dead in or near the river Suir, they seem to relate to an Aunt or Cousin, we've had a couple of calls already (I work near the river) jesus this is getting worse by the minute - I'll come back when I get the report. RIP Mr Barry.

I hope that it comes to be nothing more than rumours.

me too, but Waterford is a very provincial town - everyone knows everyone in the older communities anyway - we've just had another call....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

dlofnep wrote: »
    We owe them a good hiding with a hurley tbh.

nah, i think hurleys are ungainly, there's a fair bit of inertia when you swing them.

dildo with a nail in it ftw

genericguy wrote: »
    dildo with a nail in it ftw

Ouch! But I am curious... Another thread perhaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

me too, but Waterford is a very provincial town - everyone knows everyone in the older communities anyway - we've just had another call....

Surely this is just rumour - the Barry's are hardly high profile enough to warrant a family murder spree.

And to those saying those responsible should be shot - too good for them. Tortured, and made an example of. And the reality of it is they'll probably never be caught - or serve a disgracefully short sentence.

Tellox wrote: »
    Surely this is just rumour - the Barry's are hardly high profile enough to warrant a family murder spree.

And to those saying those responsible should be shot - too good for them. Tortured, and made an example of. And the reality of it is they'll probably never be caught - or serve a disgracefully short sentence.

We are not hearing rumours of a murder, seems like an accident or very sudden death of a female relation that happened late yesterday, as I said I hope thats all it is.

rumour I mean, not murder.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

RIP.

Advertisement