Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Barry Grandfather Brutally attacked..

Options

Comments

TheZohan wrote: »
    That's irrelevant, what is relevant is the fact that the intruder had previous criminal convictions.

Nally was 100% right and this was backed up by both judge and jury.

The only mistake he made was not shooting the second lad as well, who has gone on to commit multiple crimes since.

If someone attacks your home you should be able to stop them at any cost imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

No link in three pages? Didn't happen lads. Score another one for mass hysteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Confab wrote: »
    No link in three pages? Didn't happen lads. Score another one for mass hysteria.

Source
    Gardaí in Waterford are investigating the circumstances surrounding a burglary in which an elderly man was injured in the city last night.
    A man in his early 80s received facial injuries during the incident and was taken to Waterford Regional Hospital.
    It is understood that he is in a critical condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,259 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Finally. A link. THANK you.

Now. Where does Keith Barry fit into this? Was he working for the DHARMA initiative?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Finally. A link. THANK you.

Now. Where does Keith Barry fit into this? Was he working for the DHARMA initiative?

If you read Mikes post (post No.19) you would have found the exact same link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

me non-person :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I can see it as clear as day .... The rightous PC brigade polishing their high horse saddles and getting ready for a good gallop through this thread..

/Duck head.

Speaking personally, I've taught my son since he was ten that if I'm away and there's an intruder he's to make sure his mum and sister are in a safe place - then load my gun and shoot the fvcker.

Once I've fired a warning shot at intruder's in my back yard & recently my dogs almost got to another two.

I honestly do feel that my home is my castle and my first line of defence is direct action, second is call the police/ambulance to take the carcass away.

Stinking scumbag bastards.

Getting your wife to fire a gun would make more sense, no? That's assuming your post is serious.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

You'd think Keith would have forseen this.

Me not read all 38 posts. 'pologies. But link should have been in OP!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Me not read all 38 posts. 'pologies. But link should have been in OP!

Good, now post on the topic or else go somewhere else to push up your post count. These pointless posts of your are getting irritating. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭TechFreak

I got some Bear Pepper Spray in the States the last time.God help the scumbag who tries to get into my house.

No mercy for them at all.I dont know how FF didnt support the FG motion.Those feckin Green's probably want us just to "hug it out" with the robbers and lobbied FF.

I kinda like this justice though...

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/15/samurai.sword.killing/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

yop wrote: »
    Good, now post on the topic or else go somewhere else to push up your post count. These pointless posts of your are getting irritating. :rolleyes:
    So is your backseat modding!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I can see it as clear as day .... The rightous PC brigade polishing their high horse saddles and getting ready for a good gallop through this thread..

/Duck head.

Speaking personally, I've taught my son since he was ten that if I'm away and there's an intruder he's to make sure his mum and sister are in a safe place - then load my gun and shoot the fvcker.

Once I've fired a warning shot at intruder's in my back yard & recently my dogs almost got to another two.

I honestly do feel that my home is my castle and my first line of defence is direct action, second is call the police/ambulance to take the carcass away.

Stinking scumbag bastards.

Are you taking the piss or are you really the dumbest father in the word?*

Would it not make more sense for your ADULT WIFE to make sure your CHILDREN are okay? Also, 10 year old with access to a gun, bra-fúcking-vo.

*outside of America.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yes I would defend my home and those in it. To the point of killing someone if circumstances required? Yes I have little doubt about that. If I could get away from the situation and retreat then fine, but I suspect the blood would be up(based on past experiences) and that option wouldn't trouble me.

The problem outside ones personal morals on this is where a situation like this arises is could you do it? If not and you froze and a weapon is involved then that weapon may be turned against you. I would say most people without training or an inbuilt aggressive reaction would freeze. Like with disasters like plane crashes and the like, most freeze. Survivor types(or trained types) take action but they're in the minority.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Getting your wife to fire a gun would make more sense, no? That's assuming your post is serious.:pac:

With the laws being so fcuked, his wife would probably do jail time. They're not goona lock away his 10 year old.

I hear where you're coming from Makikomi, I'm off to teach my 1 year old how to load up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vibez

flanzer wrote: »
    With the laws being so fcuked, his wife would probably do jail time. They're not goona lock away his 10 year old.

I hear where you're coming from Makikomi, I'm off to teach my 1 year old how to load up.

LMFAO ! :D

ah man, smart arse but funny !

To add to this, I laughed a number of months back when some burglers from Darndale tried it on with a Chinese family in a neighbouring estate to mine and killed the scumbag stone dead! Seemingly they tried to take the takings from the family's restaurant and one of the scumbags got the ultimate comeuppance. Justice was truly served

EDIT: Sorry, I thought he died. Here's the story. Heros .... http://www.independent.ie/national-news/hero-father-defends-family-as-knifewielding-thugs-threaten-to-kill-his-twoweekold-son-1301203.html
    A brave father who fought off would-be burglars who threatened to kill his children said yesterday that he had "no choice" but to stab one of the thieves in order to save his family.

Phuong Nguyen, Irish-born but of Vietnamese origin, who lives in Clare Hall in north Dublin, told the Irish Independent how he was woken before 4 yesterday morning, when one of the burglars hit him with a hammer.

The robber and his accomplice had already held Mr Nguyen's partner, Jenny O'Leary, and their two-week-old boy, Jake, hostage downstairs for an hour, as they attempted to clear the house of the family's belongings.

Also in the house at the time were seven-year-old Paige, 13-year-old Craig and two-year-old Josh, who was held at knife point.

"I got a whack with a hammer and I woke up, and there were two blokes, all in black, with masks on them," Mr Nguyen said.

"I could just see their eyes. One had a hammer and one had Jenny by her dressing gown, with a knife to her throat.

"They took the baby off her. He said to me: 'I know you have a baby downstairs, he's dead if you don't open the safe'.

"He was shouting at me, telling me to open the safe. I got out of the bed and the guy with the knife let Jenny go and went over to my two-year-old son and started saying: 'Open the safe or I'm going to kill your son -- I'm going to stab him'.

"The other guy with the hammer pointed it towards Jake and said: 'I'm going to kill him with the hammer if you don't open the safe'."

Bravely

But Mr Nguyen decided to fight back and bravely chased the armed thugs from his house -- even as they beat him with a hammer.

"I opened the safe and showed them the money and kind of threw it at them. It went everywhere and they started diving on it. And I saw Jenny and the two kids behind them. So I pounced and tried to take the hammer off him."

The two thieves fought back, with one swinging his sharp knife as he ran downstairs.

Ms O'Leary held her hands up to protect herself from being stabbed but suffered serious cuts when she tried to grab the knife. She also suffered a cut to her shoulder.

"The top of it just pricked me and it just went through," she said.

"When I grabbed the knife, all I could see was their eyes. They were definitely high on something. Their pupils were so small.

"They threatened to hurt the baby if I screamed. They knew they had me. They had cleared out downstairs and planned to go upstairs next. They brought me upstairs before they went in to Phuong to suss it out, I suppose. I think they were planning what to do next."

By this time, Mr Nguyen's sister, Tia, had arrived from her house next door, after hearing the noise. The knife-wielding burglar also tried to stab her.

But Mr Nguyen continued to grapple with the thug.

"We were wrestling and fighting in the kitchen," Mr Nguyen explained. "He was trying to get away and I grabbed him. "He was trying to get out the back gate. I just grabbed him and threw him through the back door of my sister's house. The two of us were killing each other. He whacked me with the hammer about 10 or 20 times.

"I got a kitchen knife off the counter or somewhere and I stabbed him in the leg. He had stabbed me and he was trying to stab my sister and he stabbed Jenny, so I had no choice -- I had to do it."

Gardai arrived on the scene a few minutes later and found the suspected 21-year-old burglar badly injured. He was still in Beaumont Hospital last night but his injuries are not believed to be serious. No arrests have yet been made.

Gardai believe two people were involved in the botched robbery, but the family say that they think the two men were assisted by someone in a vehicle outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

To add to this, I laughed a number of months back when some burglers from Darndale tried it on with a Chinese family in a neighbouring estate to mine and killed the scumbag stone dead! Seemingly they tried to take the takings from the family's restaurant and one of the scumbags got the ultimate comeuppance. Justice was truly served

Stories like these warm my heart.

EDIT: Bah he didn't die, truly disappointing.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Confab wrote: »

It did happen - its on the front of the Irish Daily Mail

His grandfather is 82 and is now in a coma in Waterford regional hospital is a critical condition. Attack took place at 9.40pm Wednesday. Paddy Barry is described as a small, frail - a gently and quiet man. The house was not ranksacked

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

EDIT: Sorry, I thought he died. Here's the story. Heros .... http://www.independent.ie/national-news/hero-father-defends-family-as-knifewielding-thugs-threaten-to-kill-his-twoweekold-son-1301203.html

But will the Chinese lad do time for this the stabbing?

I would hope I would do the same if anyone came in and threatened my family, would I be brave enough who knows, the baseball bat beside my bed is there for a reason. If I crack a guys head open with it so be it, he wasn't invited into my house.

• Advertisement

But will the Chinese lad do time for this the stabbing?

Don't think he will as long as he can prove he felt threatened. I think it would take an real idiot Gardai to persue it too

"I got a whack with a hammer and I woke up, and there were two blokes, all in black, with masks on them," Mr Nguyen said.

"I could just see their eyes. One had a hammer and one had Jenny by her dressing gown, with a knife to her throat.

"They took the baby off her. He said to me: 'I know you have a baby downstairs, he's dead if you don't open the safe'.

Holy jaysus..... Someone should show this the the FF arse holes who voted against the bill. There coulda been a family murdered.

They way i look at it is they should pass the bill to defend your home but also as extra deterent have minimum sentences. If scum bags then decide to break into your home and put your family at risk they will suffer consquences. Which with any luck will be very painful and lead to long life of misery or death.

Back to topic if Keith Barrys GF survives which I hope he does. How will he live the rest of his life ??? In fear. They have ruined the last few years of this mans life.

PASS THE BILL! PEOPLE SHOULD GET BEHIND THIS

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why didn't Keith Barry predict all this :confused:

Are you for real ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

A7X wrote: »
    You'd think Keith would have forseen this.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Why didn't Keith Barry predict all this :confused:

How embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Leppin Jaysus, between this & the Jordan thread there are a hell of a lot of pinko liberals floating around boards today.

Agree with Makikomi btw.

My thoughts are:

God does not exist.

I see myself as the only viable option to God.

As God, I reserve the right to kill any mutha fukka who looks cock-eyed at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The attack is sickening enough, but wait and see if these are caught and what penalty
    they receive. It will be a pissy litle jail sentence and god forbid if the man died, the pathologist and lawyers defending can always claim that the man died because
    of breathing difficulties or some other red herring. Like in the case of that poor man Christy Hanley who was savagely beaten to death, oh no, he died form inhaling his own blood was the verdict:rolleyes: That killer got 7 pissy years if I remember correctly

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0527/hanleyc.html

I read about this case a while back and now hear this.

83 years old, tied up and beaten
    to death and the judge thinks that there
    is a reasonable possibility that Cawley didn't
    intend to cause serious harm?

The pathologist said the man could have died from blood
    inhalation? Wow! Wonder what caused him to inhale
    that blood.

I'm sick thinking about this.

What's with the attitude and bull****? My post ount is barely 5 a day - if I was pusing it up, I'm doing a crap job.

And my opinion was stated very early on: poor original post, followed by scremongering bull****. At least I acknowldged not reading the entire thread.

Did anyone listen to Adrian Kennedy last night ?

About fellas in black clothing down in cork hadning out leaflets which basically said they will be taking action on drug dealers.

Telling you ordinary people get pissed off when the law cant protect them leave no option take matters in to your own hands

vibez wrote: »
    Did anyone listen to Adrian Kennedy last night ?

About fellas in black clothing down in cork hadning out leaflets which basically said they will be taking action on drug dealers.

Telling you ordinary people get pissed off when the law cant protect them leave no option take matters in to your own hands

Nobody with half a brain listens to Adrian Kennedy and his actors callers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Nobody with half a brain listens to Adrian Kennedy and his actors callers.
    Scum radio!

Advertisement