Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Barry Grandfather Brutally attacked..

Options
  • 18-09-2009 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

This is the ireland we live in today when SCUM BAGS can get away with Kicking in an old age pensioners door beat him to within an inch of his life.

Then Dermot Ahern denies people the right to defend their own home ?

Should this not be a right? Cause at the moment if someone kicks in my door attacks me and my family and i get a gun a shoot him i will end up in a cell ?

:mad:

Il take my chances with the court so.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Who is keith barry??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Any link OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

vibez wrote: »
    Then Dermot Ahern denies people the right to defend their own home ?

Should this not be a right? Cause at the moment if someone kicks in my door attacks me and my family and i get a gun a shoot him i will end up in a cell......

I think that you can defend your home, but pretty sure your defense must be proportionate to the attack..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

As it stands we have to right to defend ourselves by means of force, you'll only end up behind bars if the force you use in defending yourself is excessive.

If someone breaks into your home and threatens you with a weapon you are well within your rights to use whatever force necessary to protect yourself.

Make sure you don't shoot anyone in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

TheZohan wrote: »

Make sure you don't shoot anyone in the back.

Unless the person you shoot is a traveller, then you'll get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I can see it as clear as day .... The rightous PC brigade polishing their high horse saddles and getting ready for a good gallop through this thread..

/Duck head.

Speaking personally, I've taught my son since he was ten that if I'm away and there's an intruder he's to make sure his mum and sister are in a safe place - then load my gun and shoot the fvcker.

Once I've fired a warning shot at intruder's in my back yard & recently my dogs almost got to another two.

I honestly do feel that my home is my castle and my first line of defence is direct action, second is call the police/ambulance to take the carcass away.

Stinking scumbag bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

I think you will find that the aminals who did this are "entitled" to enter your house without being touched under irish law..the excuses like "i have a puncture was looking for a jack boss" gives them the cover they need to claim innocence.most of these scum are already screwing the state for social welfare,driving around in 09 jeeps,cars and van despite no other income.if you do lay a finger on them they will them get free legal aid from the state to screw you further...what a joke of a country!the goverment have more interest in chasing people doing nixers and grinds to try and make ends meet that persuing these wealthy scum!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Wreck wrote: »
    who said anything about travellers????give the thread a chance to develop before you start defending criminals:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Wreck wrote: »

That's irrelevant, what is relevant is the fact that the intruder had previous criminal convictions.

Nally was 100% right and this was backed up by both judge and jury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,259 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I have never read so much bull**** and misinformation in ten posts.

EDIT (First ten)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

EDIT (First ten)
    I'd include 11 in that too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

EDIT (First ten)

Post 12 isn't exactly stellar either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vibez

Keith Barry is the Irish Magician.... Its not because its his GF but more because its a ruthless act and the SCUM doing this do not deserve to live.

I never motioned travellers because thats just ridiculous these filt come from all walks of life and even travllers have the right to defend their homes.

I heard this story on way to work Gerry Ryan was reviewing the papers and Keith Barry called in.

Another point is if someone does violate your home and is under the influence of drink or drugs at best they get 2 -3 years suspended sentence. Madness.

Keith made a good point should be a mandatory sentence for this of 3 years no questions asked.

But when it comes to 2 men kicking in the home of a pensioner then shooting them is only way forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

EDIT (First ten)

So, maybe post alternative opinion instead of sitting there touching yourself?

EDIT (First ten)

Your intitled to your opinion....... so explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

arent we meant to be talkin about keith barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I presume the OP is refering to http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0917/waterford.html

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

Speaking personally, I've taught my son since he was ten that if I'm away and there's an intruder he's to make sure his mum and sister are in a safe place - then load my gun and shoot the fvcker.

Wow, your a great father. I'm shocked at what your teaching your children.

Would telling him to RUN not be a better thing.

Think about it, if your TEN year old son shot someone and they died....how ****ed up would his head be in 10 years time you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

How is your son getting access to a gun?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

There should be long jail sentences for voilating or attacking someone in their own home.

Your home is somewhere you should feel safe.

If the law is not able to deal adequately with these scumbags then others should.

gerry28 wrote: »
    There should be long jail sentences for voilating or attacking someone in their own home.

Your home is somewhere you should feel safe.

If the law is not able to deal adequately with these scumbags then others should.

totally second that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I can see it as clear as day .... The rightous PC brigade polishing their high horse saddles and getting ready for a good gallop through this thread..

/Duck head.

Once I've fired a warning shot at intruder's in my back yard & recently my dogs almost got to another two.

I honestly do feel that my home is my castle and my first line of defence is direct action, second is call the police/ambulance to take the carcass away.

Stinking scumbag bastards.

I hate this sort of tripe..."the righteous PC brigade". Why are you expecting to be disagreed with, and by whom? Just because someone may disagree with one issue doesn't mean they're going to disagree with another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Maybe Keith could use his magic to punish those trouble makers.

Dragan wrote: »
    So, maybe post alternative opinion instead of sitting there touching yourself?

Alternative opinion to what?? I still have no reason to believe the OP posts actually happened.

Cianos wrote: »
    I hate this sort of tripe..."the righteous PC brigade". Why are you expecting to be disagreed with, and by whom? Just because someone may disagree with one issue doesn't mean they're going to disagree with another.

Cian, sometimes it's just less embarrassing to you the phrase "righteos PC brigade" or "bleeding-heart liberals" than admit that they have no clue what they are talking about. Now give the guv'ner a "Hurrumph!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Whilst we are on the subject of crime and magic
    What's the difference between a policeman’s truncheon and a magicians wand?

One is used for cunning stunts...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

hblock21 wrote: »
    Think about it, if your TEN year old son shot someone and they died....how ****ed up would his head be in 10 years time you think?
    Probably less f**ked up than seeing his sisters and mother raped (and possibly him) and not being able to do anything about it?

WTF ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I see FF have vetod FG bill in the Dail to give the home owner greater power in protecting their homes. What a shower of dic*S

Advertisement