Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiesto Fail

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Think most of ye are being a bit harsh on Tiesto.

He's gone pretty bad of late, but he used to get the place goin back in the day.

Traffic & Cocaine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Jello wrote: »
    Here it is, what a knob
    while watching the start of that vid the thought that suddenly came to me was this .... is it possible that Tiesto and TechnoViking are in fact one and the same? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Techno Viking could finish your life for that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

That video does have some low production value I have to say. But on the flip side he has done alot for charity and he raises the production value bar quite a bit. His EOL tour had the worlds biggest HD Screen in tow and some other tour firsts.

Still doesn't make me like the new stuff... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Out of interest, does he play Ibiza a lot? I wonder how he fits in amongst the others DJs like Carl Cox and Jon Digweed both of whom I have big respect for.

• Advertisement

Out of interest, does he play Ibiza a lot? I wonder how he fits in amongst the others DJs like Carl Cox and Jon Digweed both of whom I have big respect for.

He's been resident in Amnesia for two years now (June til September I believe). Every Monday. Imagine how much that costs! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem with that clip is? He was obviously being directed and just looked like he was being told to wait in front of the camera to get shots for the DVD. He was hardly being a dick. Just looked excited more than anything else.

I'm inclined to agree. I was wondering why he had to keep stopping though. Was there a queue to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ironclaw wrote: »
    He's been resident in Amnesia for two years now (June til September I believe). Every Monday. Imagine how much that costs! :eek:

big bucks I'd say, that explains the extortionate prices in there I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

milltown wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree. I was wondering why he had to keep stopping though. Was there a queue to get in?

I reckon it was just the Director telling him to stop, film a bit, stop, film a bit, etc., etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

ironclaw wrote: »

every monday in ibiza, im pretty sure for the last ten years, amnesia has been frequented by sven vath, richie hawtin and more recently ricardo vilalobos for their Cocoon nights.

tiesto plays in privilege, across the road, the largest club in the world. his nights (depending on guests) over there usually attract the rubber ravers, irish or british isles people who really are either stuck in the 90's or know no better (a bit like this thread) and now, from what i hear more eastern europeans.
    Originally Posted by run_Forrest_run

carl cox? he's nearly as bad as ****ing tiesto.

• Advertisement

Táck wrote: »

tiesto plays in privilege, across the road, the largest club in the world. his nights (depending on guests) over there usually attract the rubber ravers, irish or british isles people who really are either stuck in the 90's or know no better (a bit like this thread) and now, from what i hear more eastern europeans.

I'm always confusing those two. My mistake.

privilege is very rarely full afaik. i think it used to be back in the good ship manumission days. my mate was there back then and told me they even had a dj in the jacks!

amnesia is a good club depending on who's playing and as long as some ****ing no name isnt hanging off the vip balcony thinking they're all that. it use to have no roof back when paul oakenfold was no more then a jumped up chelsea shirt wearing tourist!

neither come close to dc10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

when i was going over to ibiza in august, every single semi-literate knacker on the plane was going to tiesto.
    in fact, mention the fact you're going to cocoon and they look at you as if your some snobby elitist. Which in my case was true.

And Carl Cox really isn't that much better tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Táck wrote: »
    privilege is very rarely full afaik. i think it used to be back in the good ship manumission days. my mate was there back then and told me they even had a dj in the jacks!

amnesia is a good club depending on who's playing and as long as some ****ing no name isnt hanging off the vip balcony thinking they're all that. it use to have no roof back when paul oakenfold was no more then a jumped up chelsea shirt wearing tourist!

neither come close to dc10
    amnesia is a beautiful club but jesus they need to change a few things. the barely-dressed dancers on the balcony for one do not suit the cocoon night at all.

Also I was a bit meh about the terrace. Then again Villalobos was playing a right stinker of a set (which i've heard he's a bit prone to lately).

Went past pacha that night and the amount of football hooligans outside (Swedish Sh1t Mafia were playing) was pretty shocking.

i seen the swedish mafia in amnesia. in 6 years over there, its probably the worst night i had. musically, the worst ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

He is, and always has been, sh*te.

Trance. Ugh. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I think people get the message that Tiesto playsheesy trance and appeals to kids can i request this thread is closed now,thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Id say so, all that agnello and ingrosso ****e sounds absolutely terrible...

They'd be grand to play Planet Love though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

old gregg wrote: »
    Anyone not on here posting as an alibi on Fri night 19 Mar 2010 will obviously be down at the Point 'shaking they ass to dem foot tapping tunes'

Well we're bringing Surgeon and 2562 to the Twisted Pepper on that night so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Well we're bringing Surgeon and 2562 to the Twisted Pepper on that night so...

I'll be there will filthy bells on. Sounds great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dj gazza k

give the guy a break its not his fault it skipped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

dj gazza k wrote: »
    give the guy a break its not his fault it skipped

Yes, Yes it it his fault. :)

Advertisement