Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Katie Price and this so called rape

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Cover your tracks eh Biggins :D

Dear god, I'd jump on Paris Hilton before Katie - and thats when hell freezes over!

At least you know a Hilton is open 24 hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'd have expected another woman to have shown a little more respect than this.

This is After Hours. I was giving the usual funny AH reply.

I don't know Jordan, I don't know if what she's claiming is true. All I know is that she chose to divulge information of this attack when her public popularity was at an all-time low. It does sound suspect.
    regardless of the girls morals her claims should be treated with the same respect as those of any other woman (or man) claiming to be in the same situ.

This is true. If someone is bringing forward serious allegations of rape, they should be taken seriously and given respect. However, Katie Price decided to tell the media, before the police. Can you blame people for questioning the truth in her claims, or questioning the type of person she is?

Most rape victims are so traumatised by the ordeal, they are barely able to tell the police, let alone tell the media. I find it strange that Jordan decided to go public with such private information. I wonder WHY she did this - as do many other people. Hence, the negative backlash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I know. To defend my post...
    That wasn't just aimed at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Biggins wrote: »
    Just in case anyone thinks they know who its was - if it did happen, might I make a timely suggestion that "names" should not be posted.
    God knows the forum don't need the liability issue!
    I've seen names thrown about in the net on forums. Its stupid madness.

...and to be honest I don't believe her.

It was Ivor Dildo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

So a month ago she was harping on about her miscarriage, now she's been raped (despite saying in an article that she's fantasised about being raped by Mike Tyson) and apparently she's going for cancer tests in a few weeks. :confused::confused::confused:

Hitler had more class, seriously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This is After Hours. I was giving the usual funny AH reply.

I know, and honestly I don't wish to be harsh on you. But I do think that even in AH some things should be treated with a little respect.

You should also realize that AH is populated by a lot of young teenage lads & girls who (sadly) form opinions and impressions of real life through these discussion's.

Sorry if it appeared like I was jumping on you (pun!!).

Dudess wrote: »
    That wasn't just aimed at you.

I know, but I decided to speak for myself, given what I'd said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭machintoshlover

Surely she's left it too late to even report the rape to the police? Most critical evidence has to be gathered within a short time period of the rape??? It's pretty much going to be her word against his at this stage??

It sounds like she's full of **** to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Rape is Rape.

We are not to judge morals.

No matter what one thinks of the person raped, they (male or female) should not have been raped.

Rape is a crime and rapists MUST be punished.

It is a horrific experience; it ruins lives and future chances of happiness; it can turn an outgoing person into a recluse adn no one DESERVES to be raped.

Similarly, persons who report FALSE cases to police should also be punished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I find it strange that Jordan decided to go public with such private information. I wonder WHY she did this - as do many other people. Hence, the negative backlash.

Who's her PR guy?.. It wouldn't surprise me if it was that scumbag Max Clifford?.

• Advertisement

I know, and honestly I don't wish to be harsh on you. But I do think that even in AH some things should be treated with a little respect.

You should also realize that AH is populated by a lot of young teenage lads & girls who (sadly) form opinions and impressions of real life through these discussion's.

Sorry if it appeared like I was jumping on you (pun!!).

Some things are treated with respect in AH. I think the reason why this thread isn't being treated like that is because it's about Katie Price / Jordan - not because we find rape a light-hearted, funny topic.

The public don't seem to like her, given her previous antics. People often do make jokes about her, make no secret of their opinions of her. They don't take her seriously ; She's a cash cow - she's lived her life in the media, by choice.

She revealed details of both a miscarriage and a rape when her name was being dragged through the dirt by the media, during her divorce - During a time where she was disliked by the media and her popularity was on the rapid decrease. So, I can understand why people are questioning the truth behind her claims and wondering if she's lying for attention, or to get sympathy.

Of course, it could be a coincidence. There is always that chance!

My issue with her is that she chose to tell the media before the police. There was no subtlety or discretion about her telling ofthe attack, which again, makes it sound suspect, given that the majority of rape victims are too traumatised to speak about their ordeal, even to police - let alone media outlets.

I just think that was a mistake on her part, to inform the media, over the police. People will assume she's a liar, trying to get attention and regain public support - or people will lose respect for her by speaking out publicly against a very private matter - before speaking to police and arranging to bring the case to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It looks like she was sexually assulted when she was 12 or 13 too.

7.27 on vid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

seanybiker wrote: »
    I dont belive it. She is an ugly bint. Im sure dirty bastarding rapists have some standards
    Yeah, it's kinda like when that elderly woman was raped - shur who'd want to **** an auld granny eh...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The person that's popping up in discussions about all this is fairly loved in the public so I can see this backfiring even more.

*watches absolute car crash in waiting*

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Just seen her on an advertisment on TV for this sunday's News of the World. Another exclusive interview.

I'd love to push her off the Cliffs of Moher.

Now that's an exclusive.

I'd have expected another woman to have shown a little more respect than this.

Just one final point. I don't agree with you saying that I should have shown more respect towards her because I'm a "woman".

Why should men be allowed show less respect, in this situation?

Every human is capable of being taken advantage of, being raped, regardless of sex - anyone could sympathise - or emphasise - with her situation. Not just women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Just seen her on an advertisment on TV for this sunday's News of the World. Another exclusive interview.

I'd love to push her off the Cliffs of Moher.

Now that's an exclusive.

People will buy it so z listers like Miss Price will continue to get these deals. Personally I couldn't give a damn about anything that might have happened to her. She is an attention whore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Just one final point. I don't agree with you saying that I should have shown more respect towards her because I'm a "woman".

Why should men be allowed show less respect, in this situation?

Every human is capable of being taken advantage of, being raped, regardless of sex - anyone could sympathise - or emphasise - with her situation. Not just women.

You know that he wasn't suggesting that men were incapable of feeling sympathy towards a victim of rape. You made a comment which suggested that because she has a reputation, her allegations don't hold the same weight as similar claims from a woman with less sexual partners/experience. I'm a woman, not a slapper and I thought it was a very tasteless comment to make. Makikomi was commenting on the fact that you wouldn't expect a reply like that to come from a young woman out of all people.
    Dudess wrote: »
    "Slapperish" women can be forced to have sex against their will.

Agreed and their allegations should be taken just as seriously as anyone elses.

MizzLolly wrote: »
    You know right well that he wasn't suggesting that men were incapable of feeling sympathy towards a victim of rape. You made a comment which suggested that because she has a reputation, her allegations don't hold the same weight as similar claims from a woman with less sexual partners/experience. I'm a woman, not a slapper and I thought it was a very tasteless comment to make. Makikomi was commenting on the fact that you wouldn't expect a reply like that to come from a young woman out of all people.

But why should it be different for a woman, than for a man though? I fail to understand the double standard.
    Why is it unacceptable for me to make a comment in this thread, alongside the guys, and have me be singled out, because I happen to be a woman? Why the backlash against my comments, rather than any of the guys'?

Also, I've already explained my comment was a joke. I have nothing against a woman who has a lot of sex, or a lot of sexual partners - In fact, I have nothing against a man in a similar position.

My problem with her is that she chooses to tell the media everything. She doesn't see the line between what should be public and what should be private.
    Obviously, what she chooses to tell the media is her own business, but she must then accept that people will dislike her for her lack of discretion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

But why should it be different for a woman, than for a man though? I fail to understand the double standard.
    Why is it unacceptable for me to make a comment in this thread, alongside the guys, and have me be singled out, because I happen to be a woman? Why the backlash against my comments, rather than any of the guys'?

Also, I've already explained my comment was a joke. I have nothing against a woman who has a lot of sex, or a lot of sexual partners - In fact, I have nothing against a man in a similar position.

My problem with her is that she chooses to tell the media everything. She doesn't see the line between what should be public and what should be private.
    Obviously, what she chooses to tell the media is her own business, but she must then accept that people will dislike her for her lack of discretion.
    Or the flip side of that is she is telling it to the public so others will follow and tell people its happened to them instead of bottling it up! That its nothing to be ashamed of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Agreed and their allegations should be taken just as seriously as anyone elses.

Sure, as seriously as anyone else that would use it to sell a story to newspapers rather than disclosing the attacker's identity to the Police

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Sure, as seriously as anyone else that would use it to sell a story to newspapers rather than disclosing the attacker's identity to the Police

Bingo. She must have another book or something coming out soon....? Herself n Andre were so well matched...........a right pair of eejits they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I think it was her plastic surgeon, he may as well have raped her lips coz they are in a brutal state.

galwayrush wrote: »
    I think it was her plastic surgeon, he may as well have raped her lips coz they are in a brutal state.

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    People will buy it so z listers like Miss Price will continue to get these deals. Personally I couldn't give a damn about anything that might have happened to her. She is a whore.

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

she also said she didnt want to go to he police about it because she didnt want to talk about it again, yet she goes and tells the papers huh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ed_ wrote: »
    I have read on the internet today that Jordan has said that she has fantasys of being raped by Mike Tyson.

I do not for one second believe that a genuine rape victim would have fantasys about it. The woman is a tramp.

Actually 'genuine rape victims' can and do have fantasies of rape. They can be incredibly upsetting and are something over which they have no control.

byrner88 wrote: »
    she also said she didnt want to go to he police about it because she didnt want to talk about it again, yet she goes and tells the papers huh

"Money, money, money......................"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

It looks like she was sexually assulted when she was 12 or 13 too.

7.27 on vid.

Jesus Christ.

How forced is that interview? It just 'slipped out', it would seem.
    If you were a ****wit.
    Honest to God. I hope that if she is found to be lying she never gets work again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Funbags Freddie

The police probably aren't taking it seriously because she's a slapper.

Women who go around getting their breasts out to have men focus on them, do not deserve rape. She is no slapper. Just playing the game. Done well out of it too.

I pity the Girl. She and many others feel that showing their titties and womenly bits is Ok in the media but it is not really.

Advertisement