Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Changing the topic completely, wtf is up with the wind turbine??

Anyone get the student handbook, man is some of the stuff in that gas, burst out laughing at the "things not to say on the first day of college" and the 50 "things you will do".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hurlee

ha yeh i remember reading over it in 1st year! have you not yet realised our college is a joke? no? you soon will....hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

This forum is so dead right now :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Big time! I have noticed though there's a new girl in the shop so the girl i was on about earlier in the thread is gone :(

Ah well accountancy tonight :)

also Pika how did the radio week go?

Big time! I have noticed though there's a new girl in the shop so the girl i was on about earlier in the thread is gone :(

Ah well accountancy tonight :)

also Pika how did the radio week go?

Radio week was reeeally fun! Had such a laugh! You can still see the shows online, on the website, actually! :)
    I did the Love Hour ... Very amusing!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Radio week was reeeally fun! Had such a laugh! You can still see the shows online, on the website, actually! :)
    I did the Love Hour ... Very amusing!
    What was the strangest love problem??

What was the strangest love problem??

Probably "I found socks that weren't my own in my girlfriend's room - I could tell from the poor quality. Is she cheating on me?"

Probably "I found socks that weren't my own in my girlfriend's room - I could tell from the poor quality. Is she cheating on me?"

Ah jebus!

We the only college without a mid-term break? DIT, Liberties College, Inchicore College, UCD (they get less lectures) all do, and they're the only one's I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Nah a few colleges don't have it.

It's all the same anyway, we get the week back somewhere along the way.

• Advertisement

Teferi wrote: »
    Nah a few colleges don't have it.

It's all the same anyway, we get the week back somewhere along the way.

Aw right, just a pain in the arse because all my mates are off.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Are many colleges off?

Are many colleges off?

DIT, Liberties College, Inchicore College, UCD (they get less lectures) all do, and they're the only one's I know of. Afaik DBS are off aswell. Only know them cause I've mates there otherwise not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

We the only college without a mid-term break? DIT, Liberties College, Inchicore College, UCD (they get less lectures) all do, and they're the only one's I know of.

They usually give an extra week at Christmas instead of the mid term

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Bryn wrote: »

id rather have the extra week at christmas anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

It's to do with the fact that we are semesterised. You have to fit in 12-13 weeks between the start of semester and the Christmas Break ( it's also why the exams are after Christmas ).

Bryn wrote: »

Nearly sure DIT are off on the 18th and back on the 1st Feb too.

Least we have a Bank Holiday this Monday :D

Least we have a Bank Holiday this Monday :D

4 day weekend, boo-ya. Love Fridays, only Systems Analyst and it's on for 2 hours so no college for me.:D

4 day weekend, boo-ya. Love Fridays, only Systems Analyst and it's on for 2 hours so no college for me.:D

Umm beat this :

I'm not going in tomorrow, Monday off, class off on Tuesday and I'm off Wednesdays! ;)
    I'm not in until next Thursday!
    Wooo!
    ;)

... That time off will give me a chance to recover from my 21st this weekend!:D

• Advertisement

Umm beat this :

I'm not going in tomorrow, Monday off, class off on Tuesday and I'm off Wednesdays! ;)
    I'm not in until next Thursday!
    Wooo!
    ;)

... That time off will give me a chance to recover from my 21st this weekend!:D

Feck off with your 6 day weekend.:D

I take it the invite is in the post:p

Beat this! I'm going to London tomorrow for a 4 day weekend! And i'm going to the nfl game in wemnley! And i'm going to get hammered!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beat this im doing absolutly nothing cause im broke

Feck off with your 6 day weekend.:D

I take it the invite is in the post:p

If you came out, I don't think you'd come home alive! I have a list of drinking games and dares to get through that night ...
    It's going to be messy!

3 euro drinks, so it'll be deadly!

Beat this! I'm going to London tomorrow for a 4 day weekend! And i'm going to the nfl game in wemnley! And i'm going to get hammered!

Richy rich over here, Patriots and Buccaneers, should be a good oul match.
    If you came out, I don't think you'd come home alive! I have a list of drinking games and dares to get through that night ...
    It's going to be messy!

3 euro drinks, so it'll be deadly!

I always get home alive, other parts of me don't though, broken glasses, broken watch, near broken knee (kids, don't go skinny dipping at 7am locked the morning you're coming home from your leaving cert holiday to Ibiza, bad idea), etc...:D

On the topic of drinking games, my favourites:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFdQ0ooiHY&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjg5zgEjrgQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taIMe9Kxm-U&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6d8Br7P3pw (suppose to have more than 2 people and do it in alphabetical order)

The shopping one and the "what's the name of the f**king game" look easy, but with a few drinks on you it's tough. Only watched a few seconds of each, but if you make a mistake on either of them two games you have to drink for 3 sec, 5 sec or 10 sec (depending on your hardcoreness:D).

Anyone know if we're off on Thursday due to the open day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Probably not. The odd class might be cancelled but you normally still have a few lectures.

Aw well, was going to make an extra extra long weekend.:D

Anyone know if we're off on Thursday due to the open day?

Ohhh, so that's what all the tables were being set up for...

I'm out of college tomorrow, filming a TV ad anyway! Looking forward to it.

Seriously hate the workload this semester though, I've actually never despised college so much... :mad:

• Advertisement

Ohhh, so that's what all the tables were being set up for...

I'm out of college tomorrow, filming a TV ad anyway! Looking forward to it.

Seriously hate the workload this semester though, I've actually never despised college so much... :mad:

Presume so, my mate just told me yesterday there's an open day as she wanted directions from the Luas from me.

Supposely there was something up on one of those electronic boards saying there's lectures on Tuesday!? How true that is I don't know, but surely it's pure crap.

Advertisement