Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks [Northern Ireland only]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

Anyone know if there is anywhere in Cork where fireworks are available?

Fireworks are ILLEGAL in the republic of ireland. This thread is for buying fireworks in northern ireland ONLY. :rolleyes:
    baller123 wrote: »
    Looking to buy fireworks anywhere near newry ?
    mainly looking for bangers, screamers and rockets and roman candles.

Jonesborough markets are by far the best place mate. Cheapest prices around and they nearly have everything. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 baller123

DJDylan106 wrote: »
    Fireworks are ILLEGAL in the republic of ireland. This thread is for buying fireworks in northern ireland ONLY. :rolleyes:

Jonesborough markets are by far the best place mate. Cheapest prices around and they nearly have everything. :cool:

Cheers pal, Do you know when they start selling the lot? Whether theyd be open tomorrow or the following sunday with the fireworks? Thanks

Cheers pal, Do you know when they start selling the lot? Whether theyd be open tomorrow or the following sunday with the fireworks? Thanks

Couldn't tell you tbh mate, they normally start around the last week of september, first week of october. Not sure about this year, could be earlier ya never know :rolleyes:

Couldn't tell you tbh mate, they normally start around the last week of september, first week of october. Not sure about this year, could be earlier ya never know :rolleyes:

Thanks pal

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ger4444

Was up there about a week ago, fireworks are for sale near monaghan and no guards, but coming closer to October the guards will be stopping..I'm going up soon again, does anyone no when the guards be out in force on the border or what is the story if you have a load of fireworks and get caught going into the roi? Where is the best place to go to get the best dealz, the shop and the trailer at the side of the road where cheap and a good selection, but is there better..?

• Advertisement

Ger4444 wrote: »
    Was up there about a week ago, fireworks are for sale near monaghan and no guards, but coming closer to October the guards will be stopping..I'm going up soon again, does anyone no when the guards be out in force on the border or what is the story if you have a load of fireworks and get caught going into the roi? Where is the best place to go to get the best dealz, the shop and the trailer at the side of the road where cheap and a good selection, but is there better..?

Ive heard of people getting stopped and the fireworks are just confiscreated, no fines, but then again you could be fined depending on the gards, try jonesborough market hear its great but might not be selling fireworks for a few weeks, also try Firework Factory, its on the old Dublin Road just over the border, Its near Newry. Id say if you find the following prices your doing well:
    Screamers - 2 packs for 5 euro
    Bangers - 10 euro a sleeve
    Roman Candles(no bang) - 2 packs 5 euro
    Roman Candles 8 shot (w/bang) - 4/5 for 8 euro
    Rockets vary in prices
    Selection Boxes vary too but small - 15 to 30 euro larger ones 35 - 70 euro
    I dont know much but those are the prices that seem to pop up an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 robertoheat

anyone know id the jonesborough market will be selling fireworks next weekend ?

Wondering that myself

Opening times for the Firework Factory? Do they take euro and any prices on what there

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ger4444

Opening times for the Firework Factory? Do they take euro and any prices on what there

They take euro, 9 o clock in the morning they where open when I was there anyway, I was there about 3 weeks ago, blackcats where 4 for 10e I didnt get any but thats expensive going by the comments above there 10e a sleve usually, rockets range from 10e - 80e, massive packs for 50e doe, screamers 12pack where 3 for 10e, same with airbombs, selection boxes started at a 10e up , roman candels where 4 packs of 5 for a 10er, repeater barrels started at 20e going to 120e, but they where massive, shots started at 1500 shots and up, there where single rockets there absolute animal of rockets starting at 20e, they start at around 5ft, there is a wide range of diffrent fireworks there but they were my first choices..but if say you went in with a good bit of money the lad would start giving you better deals and lower prices if you no what I mean, hope that answers your question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Tim92

They take euro, 9 o clock in the morning they where open when I was there anyway, I was there about 3 weeks ago, blackcats where 4 for 10e I didnt get any but thats expensive going by the comments above there 10e a sleve usually, rockets range from 10e - 80e, massive packs for 50e doe, screamers 12pack where 3 for 10e, same with airbombs, selection boxes started at a 10e up , roman candels where 4 packs of 5 for a 10er, repeater barrels started at 20e going to 120e, but they where massive, shots started at 1500 shots and up, there where single rockets there absolute animal of rockets starting at 20e, they start at around 5ft, there is a wide range of diffrent fireworks there but they were my first choices..but if say you went in with a good bit of money the lad would start giving you better deals and lower prices if you no what I mean, hope that answers your question

What sort of screamers are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mark10359

Does anyone know when the Jonesboro market will be on or if it will be on this year and if possible could you give me times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Bit late now but do they look for the licence youre meant to have for buying fireworks. Would like some for New Years, but not THAT bothered to be getting a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

Was up there last Wednesday tried a few places to check prices etc, best value was this place :

https://www.google.ie/maps/@54.0884533,-6.3714416,3a,75y,356.88h,86.84t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sQh-KKKbVSPjyMN1ZNUSD6Q!2e0

Costcutter in Jonesborough, you can see the container in the corner of the carpark.

Not the biggest selection, but more than enough choice to keep the lad's happy.

Never asked for a license in any of the shops we visited, they serve anybody with cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone know if the places shut up shop soon or can you still pick up anything closer to Christmas/new years

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pikeman99

Visiting newry on th 19th. Anyone know where i can buy black cats or screamers and rockets in or very close to newry? Prices please, do they take euro and do they serve teens?

pikeman99 wrote: »
    Visiting newry on th 19th. Anyone know where i can buy black cats or screamers and rockets in or very close to newry? Prices please, do they take euro and do they serve teens?

Myself, I wouldn't go near the shops in newry just cause they're a tad expensive. I go to Joneborough markets just across the border. They have everything and at much lower prices than the shops in Newry and the Fireworks Factory in Newry. They serve teens there as well, they couldn't give a toss once you have money :rolleyes: They do great deals if you buy in bulk and I would recommend going there to anybody! Black cats were scarce enough up north last year, they weren't even in the markets, as far as I could find anyways! Closest we could get were the little black chinese bangers ( more noise out of me farts ) so won't be buying any of them again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shkoylo

Alright lads thinking about going up this year, any clues on this year's prices? Like are black cat sleeves still a tenner or is that all gone down the drain? Last time I went down (2012 i think) the black cats were 15 a sleeve but there were these german ones, sleeve of em was a tenner and they were just as loud, with a longer fuse time on em. Weren't selling as well as people preferred to stick with original black cats, they didnt trust the new brand. Thanks all

Has anyone been up or is living in newry and can recommend any shops or whether or not the Jonesborough market is open on a Saturday? PRICES PLEASE!!

Has anyone been up or is living in newry and can recommend any shops or whether or not the Jonesborough market is open on a Saturday? PRICES PLEASE!!

Jones borough market is open on a Sunday anyways I know that. Not sure about Saturdays. Prices are all negotiable at the markets once youre buying a few bits. Sleeves of bangers are a tenner, screamers are 2 packs for a fiver, color bombs etc are usually 3 packs for a fiver. Rockets are anything between 20 and 100 for a pack of large display rockets or between 5 and 20 for smaller packets of onion rockets and small display rockets, all depending on the size and the effect. Selection boxes are usually much cheaper in the markets than the shops but wouldn't advise buying selection boxes as they're usually just packed with fountains to fill the boxes.

• Advertisement

Is the jonesborough market selling fireworks yet? If so PRICES please! And are they selling BLACK CATS???

Is the jonesborough market selling fireworks yet? If so PRICES please! And are they selling BLACK CATS???

Mate as said already, they sell fireworks. They are selling fireworks alredy, they do normally be stocking them in Jonesborough from around mid August. Prices as listed above in my previous post are the same every single year and rarely fluctuate.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cam1452

Is it just pounds or do they take euro

Mate as said already, they sell fireworks. They are selling fireworks alredy, they do normally be stocking them in Jonesborough from around mid August. Prices as listed above in my previous post are the same every single year and rarely fluctuate.
    Is there black cats?

Has anyone been up recently? Is there black cats and what are the prices on a sleeve of Tapirki or the Flashbangers?

Is there black cats this year and why are the prices for sleeves of tapirki and Flashbangers?

Prices for the firework factory in newry?

Anyone know if theres black cats in jonesborough and what the prices are in the fireworks factory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Anyone know if theres black cats in jonesborough and what the prices are in the fireworks factory

you wouldnt be looking for blackcats would ya??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 25paulwalsh

Hi guys thinking of heading to Jonesboro for foreworks for the youngfella. Any advice like something with a Big Bang do they take euros?

Advertisement