Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks [Northern Ireland only]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

I got some fireworks in the fireworks factory today. €62 Quid's worth discounted down to €50 if you ask for a discount. (See price list, faint print, nowt I could do.....)

Where is this place turbo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is Jonesborough market open on Saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nutsy.jr

does anyone actually still sell black cats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

Lads I'm looking to head to head up north tmw can anyone please tell me where is the best place to go that will be open? Thank you kindly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Hi all, I'm looking to buy some fireworks in Northern Ireland, I emailed a few places but told me I need a licence, is there anywhere I can buy them without a licence?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking to buy some fireworks in Northern Ireland, I emailed a few places but told me I need a licence, is there anywhere I can buy them without a licence?

Thanks

In my experience as long as you have Euro or Sterling in your pocket, they couldn't care less about licences, I have bought the bog standard "Garden fireworks" and the way more powerful (and expensive) "Category 3" also known as display fireworks, with no questions asked......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JohnD95

Has anyone been at the Jonesborough market in the last week and know if they're selling fireworks, and what is the best day to go to it? It would be a help if anyone had prices and also information around 'the fireworks factory' do you need a license for them? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Anywhere around Enniskillen selling them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

If you're in Cavan isn't there a shop just inside the NI border at Leggakelly? Used to be Dinny O'Briens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone know if the shops at the market in Jonesborough close up from now onwards or are they open nearer to Xmas too? Fireworks factory seems to be open longer but prices are a lot higher there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Cian_123

Any fireworks this year?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cian_123 wrote: »
    Any fireworks this year?

Wee bit early- its at least mid September before they start to sell them.

The fireworks factory was open last weekend, not sure if it was a once off or just starting a bit early

If anyone happen's to be passing Jonesborough in the coming weekend's any chance of popping up a post if the usual place's are open there?

5500 wrote: »
    The fireworks factory was open last weekend, not sure if it was a once off or just starting a bit early

If anyone happen's to be passing Jonesborough in the coming weekend's any chance of popping up a post if the usual place's are open there?

There today (with work).
    Place was dead as a dodo.
    Newry itself was hopping- but no fireworks.
    Went for plan B- and bought wine in Sainsburys instead :D

Probably still too early for them there, I'd say Newry in general is gonna be packed and a pain in the coming months if the exchange rates stay as is, wonder if it'll reflect in the prices on fireworks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cian 1122

There today (with work).
    Place was dead as a dodo.
    Newry itself was hopping- but no fireworks.
    Went for plan B- and bought wine in Sainsburys instead :D

Was hoping to go out tomorrow do you know if it would be open ??

Probably still too early for them there, I'd say Newry in general is gonna be packed and a pain in the coming months if the exchange rates stay as is, wonder if it'll reflect in the prices on fireworks too.

Was hoping to go or tomorrow any chance you know if it's open

Any know if jonesborough market is open tomorrow as I'm heading down and if so how much are bangers and if it's not are there any stores near can someone please get back to me thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Seanmorrisonnn

Hi there how much is a pack of thunder rockets from the market + what days is it open

Will be in Newry and Belfast tomorrow- will update thread with any info I get.

• Advertisement

Will be in Newry and Belfast tomorrow- will update thread with any info I get.

Only one vendor actively advertising fireworks in Newry- and its a bit vague- its the shop behind the market- however, they are doing 1 Euro = £1- so it might be ok for us southerners.

No signposts on the A1 heading south- for Jonesborough- like there normally is every year- I guess its early days yet.

I can't vouch for what exactly they're selling in the shop behind the market- as I was in a mad rush to get to Belfast and didn't visit it. As you come down the hill into Newry from the A1- there are a series of small signs on lamp-posts aimed at souterners who are looking for fireworks.

Btw- very very few southern regs up in Newry, Armagh and Belfast today- the fact that sterling managed a miraculous recovery and is back to around 87p probably has something to do with that (though after Boris Johnson's article in today's Telegraph- I'd fully expect to see a run on sterling again over the next few days).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kevinsweeney

Fireworks available in Irvinestown at The Orchard in Mill Street. Just a few miles from Enniskillen

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Conorobrien

I was up in Jonesborough last Sunday and the man in one of the shops said they only open on a sunday at the moment. As for prices, screamers are 2 for 5€ and there are no bangers to be got in any of the 3 shops...

Edit - Was that the places where the market are? Seem's a bit quiet this year normally they would be open all week now

Edit - Was that the places where the market are? Seem's a bit quiet this year normally they would be open all week now

Shop behind the market is open all day every day- and doing 1:1 on the Euro (but their prices are a bit cat).

The blue containers? Yeah doesn't seem great value in there and even buying a good bit not willing to knock any off.

There's one open too on the way into the town, beside mackins feed's, so on the right on the way in and left on the way out. He's also doing 1:1 but the prices in the catalog are high to begin with so your not getting any deals.

Well the shop behind the market, some stuff is expensive, but other stuff is really cheap. I got flying pigs, which are 25€ in the other shop, for 14€.

Did you try out the flying pigs? I had those before and expected a big bang from them as there supposed to be 1.3G, but they only had a measly pop. Loudest ones I think I've had are war hawks, got some trident missiles too before, good effects but not that loud.

Anyone had something that rattled the bejaysus out of them?

Did you try out the flying pigs? I had those before and expected a big bang from them as there supposed to be 1.3G, but they only had a measly pop. Loudest ones I think I've had are war hawks, got some trident missiles too before, good effects but not that loud.

Anyone had something that rattled the bejaysus out of them?
    No haven't tryed them yet but hopefully they'll be decent...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

War Hawks are by far the best bang for your euro,

Had a trident 2 years ago and was very disappointed, should have went for the Atomic Bomb (which wasn’t available last year).

Advertisement