Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks [Northern Ireland only]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 toolbox66

What time is the jonosborough market open till on Sunday
    , and has there been any signs of Garda checkpoints or anything close to the border...I'm planning on heading down tomorrow.

Got black cats at €1 a box before haggling at a shop that was a container just on the border on the old Dublin road last Saturday and I'm pretty sure they're open all week incase anyone else is looking

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blackcatboy

jamieh wrote: »
    Did a bit of haggling alright, the prices above are the original prices, knocked a bit off in the end.

Black cats available in both places!

Are you sure they both sell black cats and the firework factory is that an old petrol station or am i getting confused plz reply

• Registered Users Posts: 17 toolbox66

Anyone know what the penalty is if you get caught, I know it's supposed to be max 10k fine or imprissonment but realistically what would happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Are you sure they both sell black cats and the firework factory is that an old petrol station or am i getting confused plz reply

Hi - yep both places defo sell black cats.

I think I know the petrol station you're talking about but it's not it. It's just a few yards beyond that - can't miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The Honey Bear

Does joneboro ever get raided

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

You can just buy them online here from NI
    http://www.diamondfireworks.co.uk/ :)

Sound:)

Does any1 know if they have a good supply of black cats.I'm going up on sunday and i dont wanna find out theres none

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Where exactly is the market in Jonesborough,,is it far from Newry Town,,,thanks...If your comeing from Dublin say,,

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ashishere

I've just been to the market. There is really good deals on. Don't worry about blackcats being in short supply cus they have more than enough. I got 30 euro off what I was buying and I didn't even ask for a deal!
    The prices:
    Blackcats:€10 per sleeve
    Thunder rockets: 2 packs for €5
    Titan rockets:5 for €5
    Roman candles:5 for €5
    Colour bombs:3 packs of 5 for €5
    Selection boxes start from €15
    TNT ones start from €20
    *all of these prices are lowered if u buy more than one pack so the more u buy the less the cost of the fireworks are.
    I bought from the firework shop that has no name(the first one on the right as u enter the market.it has 50% off written on the window)
    Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 1234567egan

what times are the fireworks available to buy in shops??
    as in opening closing times? need to know like now or ASAP?!??!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conor2ka

anyone go up yet ? willing to post any prices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jdunneirl

+1 I am also interested

• Registered Users Posts: 12 vinno21

Dose any body know where to get cheap fireworks. I am looking to get them in bout a week or so. I will be spending bout 200-250. If anyone knows anywhere and could tell me the prices plz thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fireworkman101

Does anybody know if jonesborough has started yet and the prices? Going up on this weekend.thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 12 vinno21

Does anybody know if jonesborough has started yet and the prices? Going up on this weekend.thanks in advance

Hi can you tell me what the prices are if u do go up. I am lookimg to go my self soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

Jonesborough normally starts selling around the 3rd week in september so id be nearly positive they're selling them at this stage and every year ive went up prices were rock bottom, and mildly negotiable at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fireworkman101

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭philip132

did you find any prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 firework man

Where's the best place to get fireworks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bandit92

hi does anyone know if you can still buy fireworks on the old dublin road out of newry and will they sell if i have no licence

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brendan 111

What time does firework factory newry (times) open and close at and are they open on week days

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

The uncle was above buying bangers for freighting crows and maggies from damage bales and was stopped coming down and explained to the guards what he used them for and was allowed on his way.They are not blackcat bangers this year thou.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Am heading up during week to get some , where is the best place to go as the market only seems to open on a Sunday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fireworkslad

Just wonderin r the bangers the slim ones and not the fat ones in jonesboro market ???

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Just so you know, I was in Enniskillen last weekend and on the way home Gardaí were stopping cars to check for fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nutsy.jr

looking for some fireworks in the north tomorrow, can anyone tell me if the law on having a licence has been enforced since this forum was made? and can anyone give me some good places to get fireworks that i can put into my sat nav? cheers!!

a law has been enforced to buy over classification 2 and usualy only professional fireworks are over class 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Igottaquestion

Anyone know if there is anywhere in Cork where fireworks are available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 baller123

Looking to buy fireworks anywhere near newry ?
    mainly looking for bangers, screamers and rockets and roman candles.

Advertisement