Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personality or looks?! Come on be honest!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

Cork Boy wrote: »
    Now this works both ways. A minging bitch won't have her score lessened all that much but if you really really hate someone, they can drop from a 9 to a 6 without you even realising it.
    Yeah I know what you mean, I deleted all my naked pictures of Jenny McCarthy ever since I found out what a criminally dumb **** she was.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    To be fair you can't really fcuk a personality.
    Or so you think ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

netwhizkid wrote: »
    You usually need to get married to go there, I don't think I will ever make that mistake, Irish women have left me with nothing but sheer contempt for the opposite sex. Women here are just not worth the hassle and when our entire dating and social life revolves around getting locked drunk and roaring at each other in some niteclub with music louder than a 747, this country is a total disaster and how we manage to procreate at all is beyond me, I guess were it not for the drink most of us would not be here.

Being single, Zero debt and being able to enjoy your financial freedom FTW!!!

Spoken like a true virgin..

100% looks, who really cares about personality anyways, she gets to spend your money and have your kids while you enjoy her good looks and random fun in the bedroom. All women are only gold diggers and unless you got it then you ain't getting any.

I have begun taking a dislike to women who only exploit their looks as erotic capital anyways. I doubt that "love" exists between a man and a woman in the same way as we love better things in life, like money, good cars and seeing your team win.
    No offence, but you make me damn glad I'm not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

Looks... a personality can be worked on... ;)

Personality....looks can be worked on....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭FutureTaoiseach

Blaalarry wrote: »
    True but only to a limited degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

100% looks, who really cares about personality anyways, she gets to spend your money and have your kids while you enjoy her good looks and random fun in the bedroom. All women are only gold diggers and unless you got it then you ain't getting any.

I have begun taking a dislike to women who only exploit their looks as erotic capital anyways. I doubt that "love" exists between a man and a woman in the same way as we love better things in life, like money, good cars and seeing your team win.

imo

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

It cant be one or the other, has to be a bit of both. The most attractive guy ive been with was completely boring but one of the sweetest and funniest was boring looking. Not with either of them anymore so i reckon you have to find a happy balance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Anonomyte wrote: »
    Personality or looks?
    Both.

• Advertisement

I wish, I doubt it a bit though... As an experienced trollologist and counter-troll, my opinion is that if he is trolling, his trolling is of a rare subtlety, refinement and plausibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

That_Guy wrote: »
    To be fair you can't really fcuk a personality.

Charming :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Looks and personality please! :P and throw in some road frontage too!! ..... joking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I think alot of women have voted on this. This can be the only thing that takes the personality up on top of list.

A man can be a bit of a beer-belly and average looks wise but with a bit of charm, confidence and caring can get with the class cheerleader. Ever see The King of Queens?

Thats why you never see two women agree that this mediocre fella is good looking. Hes only worked the charm on one of them*

*In most cases ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

It depends, looks are a depreciating asset (unless of course you're Demi Moore), and personality is like gold, it's value and composition rarely changes drastically. Personally, I'd probably go for looks first but personality grows on me and tends to out weigh the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

money and wealthy parents (and in line to recieve the lot) after that if she is clingon that will do the best, or even ferengi.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Blaalarry wrote: »

It'll cost you though unless you've done a crash course in DIY plastic surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

As an ex of mine once said, You have to be attracted to them first before caring about their personality.

So I would says looks would always come first, but the personality is what will keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Id be happy with a girl like Cheryl Cole im not fussy at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

A jar of warm liver doesn't have personality, cracker in the looks department though.!

Whenever anyone fantasises about someone it is never because they have a nice personality......and if they say they do, they're telling porkies.

Acreage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Acreage.

Its entitlements now, for the single farm payment you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Anonomyte wrote: »
    Its the question that no one answers truthfully, but since we are all on this interweb gadget posting our "honest opinions" what is the verdict? Me? Honestly its 70% personality 30% looks, this used to be the other way round but when you get older you realise there are idiots out there!

Let the games(kinky optional) begin;)

EDIT No offense was meant from option 3, please think of it in a metaphorical sense.....and that I dont know how to edit polls:(

i go for personality on the basis that most good looking people i know have egos the size of texas, and some of the ugliest looking people ive met are the nicest most sincere people ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

There is a bird around where I live who thinks she is it , is such a bitch and I think is stinking but you see so many guys just buying and buying her drink all night!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Anonomyte

Anonomyte has exposed itself!:rolleyes:

That makes a lot of sense, which is your favourite star twek?!:p:p:p

i go for personality on the basis that most good looking people i know have egos the size of texas, and some of the ugliest looking people ive met are the nicest most sincere people ever
    Hey! I'm an ugly fecker but I've got a huge ego too! :D
    El Siglo wrote: »
    It depends, looks are a depreciating asset
    Mmmh, it's only a deprecating asset if you compare with all ages. But if you only compare a person with people their age, then it comes down to who ages best!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tif

Looks attract a person but personality is what keeps them interested.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Blaalarry

Everybody has a personality of some kind, don't they? but not everyone is goodlooking, unless this happens ( as it doe's!!) http://www.brackenspub.com/beer.swf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Acreage.

Look we all know it's all about road frontage.......

Fcuk the acreage if you ain't got the road frontage.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

You usually need to get married to go there, I don't think I will ever make that mistake, Irish women have left me with nothing but sheer contempt for the opposite sex. Women here are just not worth the hassle and when our entire dating and social life revolves around getting locked drunk and roaring at each other in some niteclub with music louder than a 747, this country is a total disaster and how we manage to procreate at all is beyond me, I guess were it not for the drink most of us would not be here.

Being single, Zero debt and being able to enjoy your financial freedom FTW!!!

Ya make a valid point there to be fair, ive often thought the same myself

Advertisement