Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personality or looks?! Come on be honest!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Looks are temporary anyway. If you want to be with someone for life, you need to make sure that in 20 years time when it all drops that you're still left with someone who's good conversation and whose company you actually enjoy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....but that doesn't count when you're p1ssed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i think if i am being honest its looks first but personality next. We have this debate quite often amoung friends and one lad put it in a crude by interesting way,

If you were in a night club and the music was so loud it was to the point of defening and a georgous leggy blonde came over and kissed you would you refuse it? I dont think so!

Haveing said that if you spoke to a lovely women who connected with you on all levels on the phone would you not feel a slight attraction regardless of how bad she looked when you met her!

Looks first personality second. However personality endures where as looks fade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'd say I'm 70/30 in favour of personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Both really... I'm quite bastard-ish in that way. I can't say I'd value one more than the other... Though as someone said already, a good personality counts loads. It really does make someone more attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It'd have to be a very muddy puddle not to cool a hot iron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Rabble Rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Initially, looks. If you're not sexually attracted to your partner it won't work, regardless of how sound they are.

After the initial attraction evaluation though, personality matters greatly. It will last even less time if you don't get along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Looks get you interested, personality seals the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Im gonna say looks at first but then you need personality to be with someone long term!! But as far as my saturday night goes its looks :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

A good personality can make someone more physically attractive to me for some very odd reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's all about the looks baby.

Nothing better when you get both that can be great!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

jackncoke wrote: »
    No need to look at the mantelpiece while poking at the fire
    I never understood this phrase since when im riding someone I dont exactly be lookin at her ghee the entire time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Anonomyte wrote: »
    Its the question that no one answers truthfully, but since we are all on this interweb gadget posting our "honest opinions" what is the verdict? Me? Honestly its 70% personality 30% looks, this used to be the other way round but when you get older you realise there are idiots out there!

Let the games(kinky optional) begin;)

Some people have both, i tend to go for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

there all the same to me even sound the same, Baaaa Baaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I like cuddly men but I don't want a relationship I just want man-hugging okay-to-gorgeous fellos and then see you later. Nice personality is a bonus though. I want a cuddly friend with extra's but only casually.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

I would definetley say Personailty,if you have a good looking Girlfriend your going to feel insecure when she chats other fellas,which will happen all the time due to her good looks.I rather go with an average looing girl that i got on really well with.Good looking girls are more hassel than their worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

She must have both.

If she has a personality thats electric but looks like Ed the talking horse, im not hitting that.

If however, she looks like Halle Berry but her head is so vacuous that she is pulling the moon closer to earths orbit, i'll hit it, but leave..

You need both, personality intelligence and hottness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

i have to find her attractive on both counts (attractive to me that is:))

• Advertisement

After a load of vodkas and red bull it does not matter!! Dam!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Looks easily.
    But i'm sure people here would have you believe they'd go out with a terrible looking person if they had a great personality.. HA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Beautiful-looking guy with sh1te personality versus average-looking guy with great personality? Option two, for me, is infinitely more attractive.

Once the guy isn't Quasimodo-like and once he takes care of himself/makes the best of himself physically, I wouldn't be concerned if he wasn't gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Personality,every time. And I really mean that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

of course looks come 1st , how come gorgeous girls and handsome guys are never alone , i have a fairly good personality but im below average in the looks dept , i have been most unsucessfull down the years with the opposite sex , most people are shallow but im not saying thats a bad thing btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

irish_bob wrote: »
    of course looks come 1st , how come gorgeous girls and handsome guys are never alone , i have a fairly good personality but im below average in the looks dept , i have been most unsucessfull down the years with the opposite sex , most people are shallow but im not saying thats a bad thing btw
    I'm gorgeous and handsome and I'm alone. True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

People say looks can't be worked on...that's not true. The fitter one is, the better they'll look with their physique. But anyway... I'd say it's about 70% personality and 30% looks. Of course it varies on many factors...it's hard to gauge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

irish_bob wrote: »
    I'm stunningly beautiful and more fun than anyone you'll ever meet.
    And horribly alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

jumpguy wrote: »
    People say looks can't be worked on...that's not true. The fitter one is, the better they'll look with their physique. But anyway... I'd say it's about 70% personality and 30% looks. Of course it varies on many factors...it's hard to gauge.
    Hallelujah! Unless you're suffering from some sort of deformity, there's not a fitting makeover (or work out/diet) that can't give you a certain charm. The problem is that not anyone knows how to make themselves look good, and when you look at Irish and British women you realise that it's sometimes the ones who look the less into it that look the best (hint: getting caked on and dressing up like a 2 euro ho isn't the way to go).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

seanybiker wrote: »
    You dont have looks or personality lol.
    maybe he smells nice

Advertisement