Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personality or looks?! Come on be honest!

Options
  • 14-09-2009 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Its the question that no one answers truthfully, but since we are all on this interweb gadget posting our "honest opinions" what is the verdict? Me? Honestly its 70% personality 30% looks, this used to be the other way round but when you get older you realise there are idiots out there!

Let the games(kinky optional) begin;)

EDIT No offense was meant from option 3, please think of it in a metaphorical sense.....and that I dont know how to edit polls:(

Come on in 241 votes

Personality
    0% 0 votes
    Looks
    57% 139 votes
    Im blind dumb and deaf
    39% 96 votes
    What is this? love day?!
    2% 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Wow, I've never been asked that question before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

same answer as the last 50 threads about this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Looks... a personality can be worked on... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

None, in my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Paddo81

Both if possible. I want the mind of Stephen Fry and the body of Megan Fox. Never to be vice-versa'd!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Anonomyte wrote: »
    Honestly its 70% personality 30% looks

You're not being honest there Ted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

None, in my case.

You dont have looks or personality lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Personality - 35% important
    Looks - 65% important.

In fairness though there's a bit of overlap.
    Confidence is a positive aspect of a persons personality and can be largely related to one's looks. So I'm gonna need to make a more complicated mathematic model.

(I'll settle for whatever I can get though :)) :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm extremely picky, I actually want both.

Crazy, I know!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Depends what I am looking for out of the particular girl.

I won't date a girl with a bad personality and good looks.
    I would Fcuk a Girl with a bad personality and good look.
    I won't Date a girl with good personality and bad looks.
    I would Fcuk a girl with good personality and bad looks
    I won't Date a girl with Bad Personality and Bad looks
    I would Fcuk a girl with bad personality adn bad looks
    I wonld Date a girl with Good personality and Good looks.
    I would Fcuk a girl with Good personality and good looks.

tl;dr I would fcuk any girl I will only date a girl with a nice personality and moderately good looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

it takes a lot of personality to make up for bad looks, but only slightly good looks to make up for a bad personality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

1. Great personality and looks.
    2. Great personality, mediocre looks.
    3. Mediocre personality, great looks.
    4. Mediocre personality and looks.

I guess that puts me in the personality side.
    I didn't leave anyone out, if you're much less than average on either you're not considered, no point going with someone you aren't even remotely attracted to no matter how great they are, or someone you hate no matter how hot they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

seanybiker wrote: »
    You dont have looks or personality lol.

Yup! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

No need to look at the mantelpiece while poking at the fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

indough wrote: »
    it takes a lot of personality to make up for bad looks, but only slightly good looks to make up for a bad personality

Ah, but someone with slightly above average looks and a great personality will have a better life than someone with great looks and a slightly above average personality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

994 wrote: »
    Ah, but someone with slightly above average looks and a great personality will have a better life than someone with great looks and a slightly above average personality

yeah but i thought this thread was about who youd rather have as a jump off, not who will have the 'better life'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Hmm...

Id say personality... but then I thought would I go out with the soundest girl ever if she looked like the elephant man...and no, no I wouldnt.

So its got to be a balance of both, probarbly 60/40 in favour of personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Frankly? A split of the two, but I really couldn't tolerate a total idiot so I've definitely erred on the side of personality moreso than looks.. although my last one was lucky, had both, so I'm not complaining.

But I can be damn superficial when I wanna be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

Anonomyte wrote: »
    Its the question that no one answers truthfully, but since we are all on this interweb gadget posting our "honest opinions" what is the verdict? Me? Honestly its 70% personality 30% looks, this used to be the other way round but when you get older you realise there are idiots out there!

Let the games(kinky optional) begin;)
    For me that's 100% personality 100% looks.

What I'm saying is, with me, your personality score doesn't add up to your looks score, it multiplies. With 0% personality you can be hot as hell I won't even bother, and with 0% looks you can be more witty than Oscar Wilde trying to impress Doogie Howser (oh yeah, you know he'd just have to go for him!), it just won't cut it.

So yeah, I don't like compromises anyway, which is perhaps why I'm single, but I'd rather be on my on than with an overall "just ok" girl. I just wish my fellow men would understand that they don't need women, they want them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They need both or I'm not interested. Of course tehir personality can make them more attractive to me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Looks, initially, but personality is probably more important in the long run..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

You sign up for mainly the looks, you stay for the personality. Although your decision to have a one night stand or whichever is based purely on looks, your decision to go into a relationship will be looks/personality on an 70/30 scale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Looks are the hook me, personality is the difference between being thrown back or kept in the keep bucket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭FutureTaoiseach

I like cuddly men but I don't want a relationship I just want man-hugging okay-to-gorgeous fellos and then see you later. Nice personality is a bonus though. I want a cuddly friend with extra's but only casually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I've never been more mad about a girl than I was with a supposed plain jane. Her personality was just infectious. So I think if I really click with you mentally, looks can be overlooked to a certain extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

jackncoke wrote: »
    Still, i like to have a nice mantelpiece.Couldnt sahg a minger just because shes sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,165 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Initially it's looks, but who really would be bothered with a good looking girl with a crap
    personality. I think a combination of both. For example, imagine having to wake up every morning to listen to the likes of Cheryl Cole?:eek: Okay, good looking girl, but man, what an absolute headache to have to listen to. So, I would settle for decent looking with great personality as opposed to great looking and a crap personality. Although, I do have the best of both:)

But, for one night only, definitely a hot chick...

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Most often you have to compromise on one. It's very rare to find a beautiful, sound woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

jackncoke wrote: »

While that's solid household chore advice I fail to see what it has to do with the discussion.......

It's Monday morning, metaphors are beyond me until I get my third cup of coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'd say for me it'd be 60/40 in looks/personality.

Advertisement