Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awkward Moments....

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I also believe itll be accompanied by a KYN post

Here's to hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Getting your change off a shop assistant and saying "good man" when its actually a woman serving you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Another one was when this foreigner asked me for directions to the local garda station and in my thick dublin accent said the following

Yeah you go straight down the road and take the first left, right?
    Then you come to a roundabout go straight through that, right?
    Keep going till you see a school, right?
    And you should see it on your left handside, right?

The look of bamboozlement on his face was frightening, funny thing is i didnt realise my directions came out that way until i looked at me gf and she was in stitches:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 General Mayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The smirks on Bill's and Obama's faces ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

This is beautiful. The gift of awkwardness escalating and unravelling is always majestic and compelling to behold

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Archeron

When someone comes into the toilet in work as you're washing your hands and the smell of febreze air jasmine and coconut is lingering in the air.
    They look at you with that, aw yeah, nice, I know you had a massive crap and this is coconut and sh*te particles floating around, kind of look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

When you're just walking down a long corridor, or large room towards a work colleague.
    And you've nothing to say. And you can't really gawk right at them.

And you can't really look too much away.

And you can't really put on a psychotic smile. And you can't really be some poe-faced bastard.

And you know they're thinking something similar. So you just do normal-face, but something tells you it didn't work, you have been in an awkward moment, again, there must be something wrong with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I think I would rather be found dead in a crack house

https://twitter.com/JournosPostLs/status/1403444864113688576

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement