Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators? do we really need them?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

GalKiefer wrote: »
    Uh-huh...thats nice... Yawn

On a side note, anyone know how to get rice out of a keyboard?

Smug, self satisfied Rice Krispie eating smugness. Prevention is better than cure. How about using a table spoon instead of the free plastic spoon you got with your Calpol.

mmmm Calpol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

do we need mods, i dunno but i'd love to see a thread opened that mods had no control over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Iang87 wrote: »
    do we need mods, i dunno but i'd love to see a thread opened that mods had no control over

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I think moderator is a pretty cool guy. He maintains standards and doesn't afraid of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Iang87 wrote: »

Do it in Feedback or Help Desk. We've no control there :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Every forum needs mods, even the likes of somethingawful.com has mods and they're alot more strict then here.

Especially if you do really stupid **** it'll cost you $10 to get access to the site again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Cabaal wrote: »
    Especially if you do really stupid **** it'll cost you $10 to get access to the site again :)
    Fvck, Terry would be loaded :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

orestes wrote: »
    Simply put: if the mods are repeatedly slapping someone, there is usually good reason for it.

Yes, like they have an Agenda.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Dudess wrote: »
    We get it. You're trying to turn this into a moderator-bashing thread but doing so in a low-level, passive-aggressive manner. :)

you mean to tell us you only noticed that now? i would of thought the thread title was a dead giveaway :)

It's really true:

http://omg.wthax.org/spad_moderator_1.jpg

(not an advertisement :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Jim wrote: »
    I think moderator is a pretty cool guy. He maintains standards and doesn't afraid of anything.
    I think Jim is a pretty cool guy. He makes a funny and doesn't afraid of anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

They keep things running smoothly, you need rules and regulations so the place doesn't descend into chaos and I think these forums work well. I have seen on other forums, where bans are given out like sweets :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

So you guys know, it's "Eh", not "He"

As in: I Think phasers is a pretty cool guy. Eh corrects memes and doesn't afraid of anything

Advertisement