Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Thats a load of rubbish they're coming up with. Its been on the OSI online maps (www.osi.ie) for at least the last year, with the M17 ending more or less in a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sonnyblack

Surely links onto existing n17

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

sonnyblack wrote: »
    Surely links onto existing n17

It does, there'll be a junction near the Coca Cola factory and from there it'll bypass Tuam, coming out just north of the N83 link road.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Thats a load of rubbish they're coming up with. Its been on the OSI online maps (www.osi.ie) for at least the last year, with the M17 ending more or less in a field.
    The makers of the atlas only know as much as we do about when it's starting - based on Gov announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

There is a small amount of activity around our area [just outside Tuam], men walking the route of the road, a couple of strange cars and a navara jeep, men were friendly but didnt stop to chat,

• Advertisement

f2 wrote: »
    There is a small amount of activity around our area [just outside Tuam], men walking the route of the road, a couple of strange cars and a navara jeep, men were friendly but didnt stop to chat,

Outsiders, put on a fake grey beard, hat and coat and head over to them like the Bull McCabe to see what they doing

bull mc cabe didnt get much information either if i remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rickjames16

I'm wondering what way will be the fastest to get from gort to Headford when the road is done (please god it will be done soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

I'm wondering what way will be the fastest to get from gort to Headford when the road is done (please god it will be done soon)

Gort to Rathmorissey interchange, Claregalway Corrandulla Headford I'd guess

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rickjames16

Any idea of expected journey time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Not a native but question re exits for Headford.

I was at a Funeral last month and we turned off about 5Km before Tuam to go to Headford.

Would it make more sense to remain on a motorway to the "TUAM SOUTH" exit and head from there?

Gort to Tuam on a motorway is 40km?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

57km

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Would it make more sense to remain on a motorway to the "TUAM SOUTH" exit and head from there?

Absolutely, Headford is slightly south (maybe 5km) on a straight line from Tuam.

From the N17 Tuam south junnction it's about 20 minutes from Tuam to Headford.

From Annagh Hill (N63 junction) it's about 25 minutes.

From Rathmorrisey via Claregalway & Corrundulla it's over 30 minutes (assuming you don't get held up in Claregalway).

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

December ticks by and still no contracts signed......

I worked on a schools ppp before . Once financial close is reached, works had to begin immediately to hit the contract completion date. Direct route prob didn't sign before Christmas because they would waste 2 weeks time. They will sign sharpish in the new year imo

I worked on a schools ppp before . Once financial close is reached, works had to begin immediately to hit the contract completion date. Direct route prob didn't sign before Christmas because they would waste 2 weeks time. They will sign sharpish in the new year imo

I hate saying this but I was talking to a member of a fencing crew [ fencing going on in Corofin area] and he said it looks like Sept 2014 start date now, they were expecting a start early 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jenningso

Politically, it would make no sense to have a 'good news' announcement during the rush of the festive season. Also, canvassing for the local elections will begin in earnest during early 2014. Also, tidy budgets are normally based around the calendar year where possible. But I bet it's more of political thing........

I hope you are right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

The European Investment Bank haven't agreed the funding yet, when they do you can be sure Leo will be shouting it from the rooftops:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Well whenever it gets opened hopefully it wont be closed as often as the M18 Crusheen to Gort section!! Closed again today and last Thursday. Whenever there is a hail shower it just cant seem to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

hi5 wrote: »
    The European Investment Bank haven't agreed the funding yet, when they do you can be sure Leo will be shouting it from the rooftops:)

I thought that was all done and dusted

I think the money is agreed but it could be next April before they can actually draw it down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

glineli wrote: »
    Well whenever it gets opened hopefully it wont be closed as often as the M18 Crusheen to Gort section!! Closed again today and last Thursday. Whenever there is a hail shower it just cant seem to deal with it.

I think it's more of a case of people over-estimating their own driving ability in bad weather.

KevR wrote: »
    I think it's more of a case of people over-estimating their own driving ability in bad weather.

I am not too sure, the spot after the Crusheen exit northbound, just under the Tubber bridge, all of a sudden that turns to ice with no warning. I had to do 30kph last week on it, but only because i knew the road might be bad.

Sean o Neill of the NRA expects contracts to be signed in Feb. Cllr Sean Canney wants a greenway [walking/cycling pathway] to be put along the motorway, this idea to be put to NRA. Both reports in Connacht Tribune 3/1/14

Sean o Neill of the NRA expects contracts to be signed in Feb. Cllr Sean Canney wants a greenway [walking/cycling pathway] to be put along the motorway, this idea to be put to NRA. Both reports in Connacht Tribune 3/1/14

So they could still start in March before the nesting season kicks in?

looks that way

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Cllr Sean Canney wants a greenway [walking/cycling pathway] to be put along the motorway, this idea to be put to NRA.
    Easier said than done! Land needed, crossing points at each overbridge and junction etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mrs Dempsey

Walking & cycling along a motorway alingment - would not be my "cup of tea" but some might enjoy it.:confused:

Advertisement