Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I couldn't possibly thank every single one of your posts (I don't have the time), but I really appreciate the effort you're making to keep us all up to date on this project! I just can't wait to say goodbye to Clarinbridge, Kilcolgan, Ardrahan etc forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Pics around corofin

I couldn't possibly thank every single one of your posts (I don't have the time), but I really appreciate the effort you're making to keep us all up to date on this project! I just can't wait to say goodbye to Clarinbridge, Kilcolgan, Ardrahan etc forever!

It's great to see that you're all enjoying the pics over the last 18 months there will be thousands more to come over the next 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

m17 wrote: »
    The five bridges at rathmorrisy

Can you explain the layout. Thanks.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Can you explain the layout. Thanks.

Here's an Ariel view of rathmorrisy level 1 the m6 level 2 the roundabout level 3 the m17/m18 flyover

• Advertisement

Here's an Ariel view of rathmorrisy level 1 the m6 level 2 the roundabout level 3 the m17/m18 flyover

Cheers for that.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Cheers for that.

No problem where all here too help each other out

No problem where all here too help each other out

Until last Friday, I hadn't been down that way in over a year. Back then, there wasn't much to see. But now its starting to shape up and I just wanted to get a feel for the junction. The aerial view was great.

Motorway set to open November 2017

Bauilphuil corofin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Motorway set to open November 2017
    Here's the link to that article. That's the first I'd heard of the World Highways website.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

World Highways is amazing, but has anyone told the TII about Nov 2017? It's at odds with everything else we've heard. However the financing restructuring happened very recently, and certainly we're seeing progress that would indicate an earlier opening than scheduled, so we'll see.

I just love that there is a competition called "European PPP Deal of the Year" :)

spacetweek wrote: »
    World Highways is amazing, but has anyone told the TII about Nov 2017? It's at odds with everything else we've heard. However the financing restructuring happened very recently, and certainly we're seeing progress that would indicate an earlier opening than scheduled, so we'll see.

I just love that there is a competition called "European PPP Deal of the Year" :)

Your site is better mate

The townland of castlelambert where the sixth flyover over the m17 will open on the 07/07/16

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

spacetweek wrote: »

The Mitchelstown to Fermoy Motorway was built in 18 months.

Is the competition won by govts or private sector bodies...? :D

The m17 at brocagh corofin 15/06/16 pic 1 looking towards tuam pic 2 looking towards rathmorrisy with the jersey crash barrier in the background

Mahanagh bridge from start to finish just click on the linkhttp://goo.gl/photos/a8eyWLM5qZ4sBNDQA

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Your site is better mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Mahanagh bridge from start to finish just click on the linkhttp://goo.gl/photos/a8eyWLM5qZ4sBNDQA

Some money spent just to cross a boreen..

Truckermal wrote: »
    Some money spent just to cross a boreen..

Well it's costing 9.6 million a km

• Advertisement

The m17 at cloonkleen north

The kilternan interchange 14/04/16

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Will there be certain sections of this new road opening up before the full thing opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Great pic, a lot of tar being laid over the past few days

glineli wrote: »
    Great pic, a lot of far being laid over the past few days

It's opening next month, you mean tarmac

Will there be certain sections of this new road opening up before the full thing opens?

It's looking that way section 1 tuam to kilternan section 2 kilternan to gort

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

m17, do you see the road junction at the bottom centre of the picture? To join the N18 at this junction, will that now become a right turn only and onto the N18 via the roundabout at the school?

ratracer wrote: »
    m17, do you see the road junction at the bottom centre of the picture? To join the N18 at this junction, will that now become a right turn only and onto the N18 via the roundabout at the school?

You're spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

ratracer wrote: »

Does this answer you question? That spur off the roundabout will be to serve Kilternan national school and the Local road back towards Ballinderreen

• Advertisement

The m18 flyover over the galway to dublin railway line 2 kms south of rathmorrisy 17/06/16

Advertisement