Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share something you like/find interesting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Perspective Photography!:)

forcedperspective10.jpg

forcedperspective5.jpg

forcedperspective7.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kick + Windmill combination FTW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

http://www.cracked.com/article_14804_a-gentlemans-guide-to-etiquette.html

Remember, when feasting on the flesh of the underclass, a gentleman drinks a merlot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I was going through a book of artists from the Romantic period and I came upon a guy named Aubrey Beardsley. It suprised me because he draws a bit like, but obviously better than, me- it's all black ink, with the occasional bit of colour and centers on weird, strange designs. I've never seen anything by him before, so to be drawing like this for as long as I have and then discovering him by accident, it's kind of cool!

beardsley-1.jpg

(It looks much nicer in full size, but unfortunately the thread doesn't.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

http://www.omg-facts.com/view/Facts/1784
    And wasps. I've seen people run out onto a road full of traffic to avoid a wasp. *Shakes head*

Actually, that whole site is pretty interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Gathering_Cards

Boards has its own set of Magic:The Gathering cards in the form on in-jokes and memes

This is a happy moment

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You've been here since Jan 2008 and you didn't know that?! For-shame!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    You've been here since Jan 2008 and you didn't know that?! For-shame!
    I know,to make up for it I'll print them onto actual backed magic cards and make a deck of them as penance.That and I never took much heed of the community shenanigans until C&H happened[fear of crazy internet perverts y'know]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

CS Unplugged

Basic computer science aimed at 5-12 year olds (site aimed at teachers moreso than students), supposed to be taught without any computers being needed.
    Would be pretty awesome if it caught on IMO.

Also anything that gets people to realise programming and computer science aren't the same thing >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Pygmalion wrote: »
    CS Unplugged

Basic computer science aimed at 5-12 year olds (site aimed at teachers moreso than students), supposed to be taught without any computers being needed.
    Would be pretty awesome if it caught on IMO.

Also anything that gets people to realise programming and computer science aren't the same thing >.>

Yeah, what idiots don't know that

<.<

>.>

I find it interesting that none of my socks match EVER

Like where did all those missing socks go? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Yeah, what idiots don't know that

I assure you, the comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Just heard about this on QI. So weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just read about a fig tree/fig wasp mutualism in which the wasps fertilise the tree in return for the tree harbouring and feeding the wasp eggs.

If the wasp lodges its eggs in the tree without fertilising it, the tree drops the figs with the eggs in it to the ground, killing the baby waspies. How awesome is that!?

*wants to be David Attenborough*

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

http://cometography.com/pcomets/103p.html

:D
    The 2010 return is exceptional, as the comet will pass 0.12 AU from Earth on October 20. The Deep Impact space craft will pass about 1000 kilometers from the comet on November 4.

:D Ha the name of the space craft -Deep Impact- Not the best of names.... what comes to mind is the movie and that did'nt have the happiest of endings.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Ha the name of the space craft -Deep Impact- Not the best of names.... what comes to mind is the movie and that did'nt have the happiest of endings.....
    Indeed, I wasn't very happy at the end of that film. If I recall correctly I was actually very angry because I'd just wasted time watching Deep Impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Some Conspiracy theories.

9/11 Truth.

It is interesting to read (I don't believe it but still an interesting read).

There were posters put up on a motorway about it which made me look it up.

Also, Wikipedia

Reptilians and that 9/11 is their fault. and where their "base" is.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Just read about a fig tree/fig wasp mutualism in which the wasps fertilise the tree in return for the tree harbouring and feeding the wasp eggs.

If the wasp lodges its eggs in the tree without fertilising it, the tree drops the figs with the eggs in it to the ground, killing the baby waspies. How awesome is that!?

*wants to be David Attenborough*
    one of the coolest animal-y things I've learned is Zombie Snails
    Mind control FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Did the Shanksville crash occur at 10:06 (according to a seismic report) or 10:03 (according to the 9/11 Commission)? Does the Commission wish to hide what happened in the last three minutes of the flight, and if so, why?
    Seriously. I LOLed. How flimsy can evidence get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Some Conspiracy theories.

9/11 Truth.

It is interesting to read (I don't believe it but still an interesting read).

There were posters put up on a motorway about it which made me look it up.

Also, Wikipedia

Reptilians and that 9/11 is their fault. and where their "base" is.

Finnegans round about?:P

• Advertisement

DylanS09 wrote: »
    Finnegans round about?:P
    No, between the new motorway near The Mauldron and the Dooradoyle turn-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

M18/M7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Oh, well they had them there too.. the sign even said "Google it" :pac:

M18/M7
    Here?
    seyd4y.jpg
    DylanS09 wrote: »
    Oh, well they had them there too.. the sign even said "Google it" :pac:
    Same as the one I saw. White text on black.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lads. Keep CT discussion to that forum. The amount of trouble some of their posters cause is beyond ridiculous.

An ad by the HSE meant to encourage teenagers not to drink on results night. It just caught my attention and is halfway decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

An ad by the HSE meant to encourage teenagers not to drink on results night. It just caught my attention and is halfway decent.

They had one on before the movie in the cinema last night.

It was all like "A in Irish, B in English blah blah blah and an AB Blood Transfusion".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That ad was good until the very end, it should have said "if you drink to excess the results can be terrible"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

500x_nets_01.jpg

These are suicide nets, outside the premises of a company who are the manufacturers of the Wii, PS3, 360 and iPhone, called Foxconn. It's been hit by a string of employee suicides (12 so far this year), and one employee's death after an alleged 34-hour shift.

It's just an extremely strange picture, and is sort of an outward expression of the unhappiness that can be in the working world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gax

http://maestroknows.com/
    Really inspirational stuff made by an LA dude who travels around meeting people and visiting interesting places. He meets photographers, artists, musicians, skaters, magazine editors etc.

Advertisement