Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

The definition of what is classed as "Vintage" is very broad on Donedeal - the first page alone contains a 1998 Toyota Camry, a 1995 Honda Civic, and a 1999 Merc SLK. Ignoring the Vintage tag, I wouldn't even class any of these as a classic.

And €22,500 for a feckin Landcruiser B40? You'd want to love discomfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,500 ✭✭✭✭elperello

welder wrote: »
    Probably another seller who believes if it has classic tax it doesn't need an NCT, scary amount of them out there !

I now realise I missed a trick by not showing my signed copy of that book in the ad when I was selling my W123........

Funnily enough the car on the cover of the book is Galway registered -

https://www.waterstones.com/book/mercedes-benz-w123-the-finest-saloon-car-of-the-20th-century/martin-buckley/mark-cosovich/9781782803720

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

elperello wrote: »

The co-author, Mark Cosovich, is an Irish-based Mercedes W123 restorer/expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

Silvera wrote: »
    The co-author, Mark Cosovich, is an Irish-based Mercedes W123 restorer/expert.

Mark is south Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭selfdiy

elperello wrote: »

Still being driven into Galway daily, though it looks like its at the point where it could use some TLC.

IMG_1748.jpg

• Advertisement

11wingnut wrote: »
    Mark is south Wales.

I stand corrected. I've an article (from an Irish newspaper) about his Mercedes restoration business...he has/had a lot of Irish customers.

He gives proper Mercedes approved worldwide warranties with his restored w123..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Gravelly wrote: »
    The definition of what is classed as "Vintage" is very broad on Donedeal - the first page alone contains a 1998 Toyota Camry, a 1995 Honda Civic, and a 1999 Merc SLK. Ignoring the Vintage tag, I wouldn't even class any of these as a classic.

Uninsurable as normal cars, so it's a wast of money putting them in the 'cars for sale' section, they might have some chance of survival in the classics section.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

http://touch.adverts.ie/car/bmw/5-series/1995-bmw-518/11813583

Selling my classic daily driver e34 touring 1.8 petrol 40 mpg drives perfect 999€
    4 months nct , 1 month tax, se spec twin front armrests factory retractable dog guard's and bbs 15s, cd,cl, ew, Oxford green
    Pm me please direct with any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

davycc wrote: »
    http://touch.adverts.ie/car/bmw/5-series/1995-bmw-518/11813583

Selling my classic daily driver e34 touring 1.8 petrol 40 mpg drives perfect 999€
    4 months nct , 1 month tax, se spec twin front armrests factory retractable dog guard's and bbs 15s, cd,cl, ew, Oxford green
    Pm me please direct with any questions

Withdrawn??

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Withdrawn??

Old ad showing the condition the poor car was in when I saved it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looking for a clean, BMW E28 running perfectly, preference is an auto. Cash waiting for the right car. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Have a '98 Fiat Cinquencento heading for the squisher next week if anyone wants to buy any parts off it before hand.

Its the 100 series engine, as used by fiat in lots of their smaller cars since the 60s or 70s, hence the post

Selling my classic daily..
    Current pictures and everything up to date
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/e34-wagon-daily-driver-project-518i/15810453

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

davycc wrote: »
    Selling my classic daily..
    Current pictures and everything up to date
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/e34-wagon-daily-driver-project-518i/15810453

Glws davy, if you're around the area and you want some half decent DSLR pics taken give me a shout and i'll oblige if i'm around.

Glws davy, if you're around the area and you want some half decent DSLR pics taken give me a shout and i'll oblige if i'm around.

Yeah I must thanks, I'm rubbish with pictures and I was supposed to show you my new Subaru too

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TazCon

Beautiful Mini Moke for sale on Done deal! First to see will buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TazCon

TazCon wrote: »
    Beautiful Mini Moke for sale on Done deal! First to see will buy!

Link!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/15808879
    Mini Moke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

TazCon wrote: »

To each their own but if I had 17K to spend on a 'classic', that wouldn't be it.

• Advertisement

Moke
    A company selling new Mini Mokes at Dubai motor show

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

wanted biscuit colour door cards for a mercedes 190 /1985 wind up windows or maybe a complete interior ,thanks

Still here big price drop to 499
    https://www.donedeal.ie/adview/view/15810453

1984 Opel Monza 3.0E Coupe

Currently considering selling my 1984 Opel Monza 3.0E Coupe

- Helios Blue metallic
    - Excellent condition
    - Dark blue velour interior is like new
    - 6-cylinder (lovely 'burble' from the engine)
    - Taxed / Insured / Nct'd
    - Comes with large history folder (receipts, photos, period articles, etc)

Lack of space and time for it. A rare car nowadays - a real 'head turner' on the roads and at shows.

More details to follow.
    PM if interested. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

1984 Opel Monza 3.0E

Currently considering selling my 1984 Opel Monza 3.0E

- Helios Blue metallic
    - Excellent condition
    - Comes with large service history folder (photos, period articles, etc)

Lack of space and time for it. A rare car nowadays - a real 'head turner' on the roads and at shows.

More details to follow.

Almost bought one of those a few years ago.......
    Could you PM me the price please.

1984 Opel Monza 3.0E Coupe

Currently considering selling my 1984 Opel Monza 3.0E Coupe

- Helios Blue metallic
    - Excellent condition
    - Comes with large history folder (receipts, photos, period articles, etc)

More details to follow.

Can you p.m.me the ad details please

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Same here. PM me price indication please. Monza 3l was one of my favourite cars when I was a boy :)

A few pictures would be nice too! You can attach them to a post here, Silvera.

Further to my OPEL MONZA for sale post...and requests for same...some pics of my Opel Monza (taken before I re-registered it) -

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

How much!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Further to my OPEL MONZA for sale post...and requests for same...some pics of my Opel Monza (taken before I re-registered it) -

Drool... looks exceptional. GLWS. Love the carpeted door trims.

Advertisement