Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3's first two-part drama series The Guards

Options
  • 31-08-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

saw a promo for this has the garda car in it not much details i can find anyone got anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

I saw this too and actually thought it was a p*ss take. Im sure its going to be cringe worthy. But hopefully i'll be proven wrong and it turns out to be a good programme

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Judging by the type tv3 has done before, ill guess itll all just be cctv clips and newspaper articles likely :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

You're not confusing this with the new pisstake ad with the Gardai in it are you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Hope it's not as hard-hitting as Exposé. I can't handle the grittiness.

"And nigh. Let's go to the rad corpet at last nights premiere at the Red Kye Rynd-abite where Glanda Gilsans eyebrow has aaaall the goss from those boys in blue.

Over to you Glanda - I hear those guys have reeeeelly been putting their noo ooniforms through the mill - and not, like, a broken nail in sight? So, what does the overage Gord do to stay looking so hot when he's rolling arynde the grynde with, basically, criminals, OMG!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bmdub

i think this is the website for the show! http://www.theguardstv.com/home.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

So it's fiction rather than docu? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

bmdub wrote: »
    i think this is the website for the show! http://www.theguardstv.com/home.html

Thi.....this is a comedy right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Oh dear. Nice beards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

the-guards-1.jpg

Cringe is an understatement!!!! Wow they cant even get the uniform right!!! And have the heard of a razor!!!!!

The snack add isn't as embarrasing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

The snack add isn't as embarrasing

At least the snack add got a laugh!!! That above is pure tripe IMHO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ultimate Force ish flashbacks.

Runs away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

The fact this drama is on TV3 can be taken as a good indication that it is utter shyte , given the TV3 propensity for low budgets I'm willing to bet they'll be using a tarted up ' Mr. Whippy' Ice cream van for transporting prisoners and use the directors pet Basset Hound in lieu of a German Shepherd ( ''sure all the elite Garda units have one '' ).

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

You are taking the p1ss aren't you??

Honestly, the Schnack ad fulfils my Garda related cringe need... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

That looks absolutely dire. Please tell me it's a p1sstake.

MAEVE-GRILLS-THE-GUARDS.jpg

God..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Heh heh. Can't wait for this. I've been looking for something to fill in my comedy hour since Del Boy departed and now it's finally here. Bring it on

I hope they got permission for them beards..........

How was this utter sh*te allowed to even get made..... suicide bombers on o connell street, this must be a comedy and not a drama id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

the-guards-1.jpg

Which one turns out to be gay....?

...I'm guessing the middle one.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭pingu2008

i love the special constable epaulettes and the long numbers excuse my language but this has to be a piss take if you look at their website all the pictures are photoshoped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

kaizersoze wrote: »
    the-guards-1.jpg

Which one turns out to be gay....?

...I'm guessing the middle one.

turns out to be gay?
    I'm pretty sure they all do.

This must be a pisstake...

• Advertisement

They cant even get the uniform right, what the hell is on their equipment belts, the pouch on the front looks 60 years old.

Im gonna say that this is definitely a wind up started by someone.
    If im wrong, tv3 is worse than i thought if they really have commissioned this tripe as a series.

Its like the bill, only this rubbish is done on a €200 budget,

I have a feeling this is one of those shows where ill probably end up throwing something at the telly while watching it...:mad:

It seems its possible there is a show worse than traffic blues after all.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ultimate Force ish flashbacks.

Runs away

What was wrong with Ultimate Force?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Pisstake without a shadow. Unless some producer somewhere is unimaginably braindead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

That was the best laugh I have had in ages... cant be true

The fact they are always in the stab vests

The fact they dont even try to hide the Garda car blowing up is a matchbox car.

The beards

The insanely dangerous levels of Gel used.

The only thing I can belive is the sucide bomber , he was probably forced to watch the pilot and has decide to end it all and take a Matchbox garda car out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

"TV3’s first two-part drama series The Guards is shot in documentary style and will focus on three young gardaí who will do anything to secure a conviction."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0821/1224253025136.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

...Although everything else is pure cheese..

Their uniforms look better than ours, imo. :rolleyes:

ScubaDave wrote: »
    "TV3’s first two-part drama series The Guards is shot in documentary style and will focus on three young gardaí who will do anything to secure a conviction."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0821/1224253025136.html

This is actually a real programme....... :eek: TV3 has reached an all time low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Seriously, it's real ? We're having a discussion here on if it's just an elaborate and well done piss take. The voice over in the youtube trailer is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,684 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

The 'Zoolander' pout on the guy in the middle is just too much...

Advertisement