Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos going into 6th year/repeating in the institute?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

Great, hopefully I wont get lost and be late to a class. :)
    ah dont worry most people will be late for the first week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

leesmom wrote: »
    ah dont worry most people will be late for the first week!
    What is there to do other than study?:rolleyes: Oh and what about lunch, be a bit boring if I don't get talking to anyone:eek:

theowen wrote: »
    What is there to do other than study?:rolleyes: Oh and what about lunch, be a bit boring if I don't get talking to anyone:eek:
    did you talk to anyone today?
    tbh its hard to find people again after you find them the first day. so doesnt really matter if you did or not.
    sure sit beside someone in one of your classes thats on their own and just chat about the place i suppose and go from there..
    what class do you have first and what teacher?

did you talk to anyone today?
    tbh its hard to find people again after you find them the first day. so doesnt really matter if you did or not.
    sure sit beside someone in one of your classes thats on their own and just chat about the place i suppose and go from there..
    what class do you have first and what teacher?
    Wasn't in today, and yesterday was a bit hard with the speeches and stuff:rolleyes:
    Yeah hmmm bioligy I think, Mona Murray? I'm actually not shy atol it's just the initial getting to know people that's a bit ehh:p

Wasn't in today, and yesterday was a bit hard with the speeches and stuff:rolleyes:
    Yeah hmmm bioligy I think, Mona Murray? I'm actually not shy atol it's just the initial getting to know people that's a bit ehh:p
    ah i know.
    mona is an absolute dear though, she wont mind if you have a chat with a few people at the start(just dont continue throughout the year in class:D)
    she is such a lovely lady so your starting off in the right class:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Irishtrojan

First class is History at 8.30, wonder how many people will be there.

First class is History at 8.30, wonder how many people will be there.
    the 8.30 classes tend to be the smallest tbh, most people take the 9.30 start,it is nice to be in a smaller class though instead of fightin for a seat:D. iv never had susan cashel so dont know what shes like

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

Susan is a very good teacher, she piles on the work but if you do it your on your way to get an A.

I guess my 4 8.30 classes will come in handy so.

I guess my 4 8.30 classes will come in handy so.
    I wanted to start at 8.30 everday but only like 2 of my subjects had that time, don't mind though, more time in bed:)

• Advertisement

I wanted to start at 8.30 everday but only like 2 of my subjects had that time, don't mind though, more time in bed:)
    or more time in traffic:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

K lets compare timetables so we can see if were in same classes tomoro and then we will have someone to talk to:D heres mine:
    8.30 french with corinne gavenda
    9.30 bio with mona murray
    10.30 business with willy murphy
    11.30 ag science
    lunch
    1.30 geog with jim carberry
    2.30 accounting with arthur russell
    3.30 chem with tara lyons

and yes I have my worst day of the week tomoro for my first day.sucks big time

im afraid i dont match up with any of those

im afraid i dont match up with any of those

aw well thats just tomoro..you will most likely be in at least one of my classes someday lol

li-evo7 wrote: »
    K lets compare timetables so we can see if were in same classes tomoro and then we will have someone to talk to:D heres mine:
    8.30 french with corinne gavenda
    9.30 bio with mona murray
    10.30 business with willy murphy
    11.30 ag science
    lunch
    1.30 geog with jim carberry
    2.30 accounting with arthur russell
    3.30 chem with tara lyons

and yes I have my worst day of the week tomoro for my first day.sucks big time
    WOW that is a bad day:p
    and jim carberry ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz!!:pac:
    and tara is scary:D
    hope the rest of your week is easier:)

WOW that is a bad day:p
    and jim carberry ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz!!:pac:
    and tara is scary:D
    hope the rest of your week is easier:)

Ye I know and this is my 4th year in the place so it will be even worse for me sittin through the same bad jokes again haha.thurs and fri I only have three classes so its all good.same as monday.

Thursday is by far my worst. I only have three on fridays which is great.

Monday
    8.30 english with cian hogan
    9.30 history with susan cashell
    10.30 maths with ARO
    11.30 english with cathy sweeney
    lunch
    1.30 irish with cgr?

Tuesday
    8.30 history with susan cashell
    10.30 maths with ARO
    11.30 Accounting with ARU
    lunch
    1.30 economics with keith hannigan
    3.30 Business with Willy murphy

Wednesday
    8.30 history with susan cashell
    9.30 irish with cgr?
    10.30 maths with ARO
    11.30 Business with Willy murphy
    lunch
    3.30 Accounting with ARU

Thursday
    8.30 Accounting with ARU
    9.30 history with susan cashell
    10.30 maths with ARO
    lunch
    1.30 economics with keith hannigan
    2.30 Business with Willy murphy
    4.30 english with pmc

Friday
    9.30 Irish with cgr
    11.30 economics with keith hannigan
    lunch
    1.30 english with jim lusby

Ye I know and this is my 4th year in the place so it will be even worse for me sittin through the same bad jokes again haha.thurs and fri I only have three classes so its all good.same as monday.
    sure you can finish the jokes off for him:pac: most the jokes went over my head ,tended to be asleep in his classes:P
    irish trojan, cgr is clare greally, if your doing higher level shell love you, she has a thing against pass students though:eek:

no i'm doing ordinary, just praying for a pass

no i'm doing ordinary, just praying for a pass
    i did ordinary too, she hated me:D even though i was probably the best student in her class:o

well guys and girls how did the first day go??

• Advertisement

First day was fine, only had maths homework. Its very easy to find your way round, worst thing was the desks, damn my big legs. Teachers were all fine.

First day was good! initially felt very weird being back but soon got into the flow of things again.It was like I never left the place apart from all my friends not being there with me:( two of my old teachers were happy to see me anyway which was nice and the new ones I have seem pretty good! No homework on the first day is always a good start.:) Actually looking forward to tomoro as I only have three classes.Hopefully Il get talking to some people too.

Oh anyone from the institute need english exam papers??i bought them for this year but not doing english now so dont need them. You can have them for free like jus wanna get rid of them cause they are sitting here...

Yeah it was a good first day, i'm finding it ok a few people from my old school are repeating this year so i'm not short on having people to talk to which is nice.
    I had Mona Murray today the same time as you Li, she seems cool but I since changed the time from 9:30 to 2:30.I have three half eight starts which kinda sux because it means I have to get up at 6am so I might try and change that.

sean0 wrote: »
    Yeah it was a good first day, i'm finding it ok a few people from my old school are repeating this year so i'm not short on having people to talk to which is nice.
    I had Mona Murray today the same time as you Li, she seems cool but I since changed the time from 9:30 to 2:30.I have three half eight starts which kinda sux because it means I have to get up at 6am so I might try and change that.

Ah cool did you see me?? i have really blonde hair and was wearin a navy cardigan thing..i got up to get notes after she had her little talk haha. Ye I have 4 half 8 starts which sucks.Have to be up at half6 and get lift in with my dad.He leaves sooo early lol.

ah at least you get a lift in, I usually get a 122 which seems to go around the world, took me an hour to get in today.Ha yeah think I saw you about five people went up to get the notes :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Ah cool did you see me?? i have really blonde hair and was wearin a navy cardigan thing..i got up to get notes after she had her little talk haha.

I saw you. Did you see me in the navy Canterburys and Hollister hoodie? Sitting in the middle.

Swizz wrote: »
    I saw you. Did you see me in the navy Canterburys and Hollister hoodie? Sitting in the middle.

Hmm I dont remember lol..here wats peoples bebo or facebook?send in pm to each other..its gas we are talkin on this and in same school and havent a clue what we look like so cant say 'hey I know you from boards haha'

Wow that was a rough day, got two hours sleep last night so was half dead, until I got my coffee at lunch:) Think I was sitting behind you biol btw lil-evo:p

• Advertisement

First week wasnt so bad

Advertisement