Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos going into 6th year/repeating in the institute?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

great english is one of the subjects I need to work on.
    business not so much.
    My subjects: OL irish, HL maths, HL accounting, HL geography, HL history, HL business, HL english.
    If your repeating why not drop irish?

Fad wrote: »
    Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle

Also, Martin Kelly (He teaches full time in (Old) my school too)
    Pat Doyle teaches what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Irishtrojan

theowen wrote: »
    If your repeating why not drop irish?

have to pass it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Pat Doyle teaches what?

Physics, amazing teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

Fad wrote: »
    Physics, amazing teacher.

yea he's deadly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

business not so much.
    My subjects: OL irish, HL maths, HL accounting, HL geography, HL history, HL business, HL english.

Susan Cashell for history!
    Her class is hard work, but if you listen to what she says you will have no trouble getting a B1 or higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

business not so much.

irish dont pick michael o'ruairc! this will be my 4th year in the institute so I know alllll the teachers lol! maths defo take aidan rowntree he is brill. accounting arthur russel..he is top! geography they are pretty much the same but I would go with jim carberry. Business dont pick keith hannigan take willy murphy he is great teacher and he wrote the book you have to get and he is ****in gas!!I have had both so I know which is better. English dont take cathy sweeney for comparative!!!! Jim lusby for language, Paul mccormack for poetry and cian hogan for drama.Defo pick those ones as I have had all the english teachers and they are by far the best!

sean0 wrote: »
    For the first week I think your able to go to whatever teacher you want so you'll have your own opinions on the teachers but
    For English i'd say
    Cathy Sweeney - Comparative, Jim Lusby- Language, Denis Creaven -poetry, Paul Mc Cormack- Single text
    For Business Keith Hannigan

Cathy sweeney...ugh no she is terrible!!
    Paul mccormack is better at teaching poetry so then you can have Cian hogan for drama..he is brill!
    And business...willy murphy is far better.Keith is better at teaching economics!

Do we get a half day any day of the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

Do we get a half day any day of the week?
    no

• Advertisement

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Cathy sweeney...ugh no she is terrible!!
    Paul mccormack is better at teaching poetry so then you can have Cian hogan for drama..he is brill!
    And business...willy murphy is far better.Keith is better at teaching economics!
    cathy sweeney is a good teacher far far better than jim lusby, he is the worst teacher ive ever had.
    i had him in 5th year for language and drama and at the end of the year i knew nothing about the play whatsoever

leesmom wrote: »
    cathy sweeney is a good teacher far far better than jim lusby, he is the worst teacher ive ever had.
    i had him in 5th year for language and drama and at the end of the year i knew nothing about the play whatsoever

Im saying dont take her for comparative!there are better comparative teachers

Im saying dont take her for comparative!there are better comparative teachers
    i thought she was good for comparative
    i had martin kelly for 6 th year the first time and didnt think he was great, dont know what other teachers teach comparative

i thought she was good for comparative
    i had martin kelly for 6 th year the first time and didnt think he was great, dont know what other teachers teach comparative

I have had four different comparative teachers in there and she was the worst of them. They change some years so cant advise which ones to take until I get the list sent out to me

no
    Oh. What time would you get off if your doing seven subjects?

Oh. What time would you get off if your doing seven subjects?
    depends, you have to be in the school between the hours of 9.30 and 3.30 with an hour for lunch, any other breaks you have in between are compulsary study periods.
    some classes start at 8.30 some start at 5.30 , it all depends on what way you put your timetable together and how you can fit all your classes in, with 7 subjects you will have a pretty packed timeable though

depends, you have to be in the school between the hours of 9.30 and 3.30 with an hour for lunch, any other breaks you have in between are compulsary study periods.
    some classes start at 8.30 some start at 5.30 , it all depends on what way you put your timetable together and how you can fit all your classes in, with 7 subjects you will have a pretty packed timeable though
    Thank you:) So I'm guessing I'll be in at 9 30 and out by 5 30, well into after school study...

Thank you:) So I'm guessing I'll be in at 9 30 and out by 5 30, well into after school study...
    i lived in the study hall, should have brought a duvet in and slept there:rolleyes:
    do make use of it though, first time round i hated the study hall ,mainly because i hated studying and the hours i spent in there consisted of me bringing in coffee and getting told to leave till i finished:P
    but this time around when i actually wanted to study i found it invaluable

i lived in the study hall, should have brought a duvet in and slept there:rolleyes:
    do make use of it though, first time round i hated the study hall ,mainly because i hated studying and the hours i spent in there consisted of me bringing in coffee and getting told to leave till i finished:P
    but this time around when i actually wanted to study i found it invaluable
    What's so great about it though?

What's so great about it though?
    1. its supervised
    2. you can get your work done in between classes
    3. the quiet apart form the odd few idiots
    4. you can get the majority of your study done before you go home and then relax once youve left the place:)

• Advertisement

I always have done 7 subjects and I never finished later than half three.You will fit them in fine. Do take some half8 classes though(you may not have a choice but to take them to fit in everything). I always find having lunch at half12 is the easiest.

I always have done 7 subjects and I never finished later than half three.You will fit them in fine. Do take some half8 classes though(you may not have a choice but to take them to fit in everything). I always find having lunch at half 12 is the easiest.
    Ohhh that's good news. I'd really like to finish by half 4, so I can take a break till 5 and then study onwards. You can decide when you want to take lunch?

Ohhh that's good news. I'd really like to finish by half 4, so I can take a break till 5 and then study onwards. You can decide when you want to take lunch?

Ye you do your whole timetable yourself.Most people have lunch at half12 and some at half one. I will be doing all half 8 classes so I will be finished hopefully at half3 and then study at half4:D

Ye you do your whole timetable yourself.Most people have lunch at half12 and some at half one. I will be doing all half 8 classes so I will be finished hopefully at half3 and then study at half4:D
    I'll probably do the same actually, tho that means waking up at like half 7:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Irishtrojan

I guess im looking at these teachers:
    AR- Maths
    AR- Accounting
    WM- Business
    KH- Economics
    SC- History
    English
    CSW- Comparative
    CH- Drama
    PMC- Poetry
    JL - Language

I guess im looking at these teachers:
    AR- Maths
    AR- Accounting
    WM- Business
    KH- Economics
    SC- History
    English
    CSW- Comparative
    CH- Drama
    PMC- Poetry
    JL - Language
    id probably change your language teacher but then again you could sit in on his classes for a couple of weeks and see what you think

Hey about tomorrow, we can go in at either 10 or half 12 right? Oh and does anyone know Sean Delap's hours?

Hey about tomorrow, we can go in at either 10 or half 12 right? Oh and does anyone know Sean Delap's hours?

What does he teach? i got all the stuff sent out to me the other day so I have my timetable all done:)

What does he teach? i got all the stuff sent out to me the other day so I have my timetable all done:)
    history

• Advertisement

K just checked there.. There is only one teacher on the list for history this year with the initials.. SCA. Hours are 8.30,9.30,1.30 monday,tues and wed and 8.30,9.30 and 10.30 on thurs

Advertisement