Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos going into 6th year/repeating in the institute?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

If anyone wants to know any other times let me know:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

li-evo7 wrote: »
    K just checked there.. There is only one teacher on the list for history this year with the initials.. SCA. Hours are 8.30,9.30,1.30 monday,tues and wed and 8.30,9.30 and 10.30 on thurs

thanks for that:) oh and there's a choice of times the assembly?

theowen wrote: »
    thanks for that:) oh and there's a choice of times the assembly?

Does it not say on the sheet you got at interview?? usually you can go to watever one you want .Doesn't make a difference.Usually the morning is for people A-K and afternoon is L-Z but you do the same thing so doesnt make a difference really.

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Does it not say on the sheet you got at interview?? usually you can go to watever one you want .Doesn't make a difference.Usually the morning is for people A-K and afternoon is L-Z but you do the same thing so doesnt make a difference really.

It just has two times with no instructions. ah i was thing the classes wud be full if i went to the latest time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Irishtrojan

I was told half twelve, how long does it take? I'm pretty nervous to be honest.:cool:

• Advertisement

im nervous too actually, not a big fan of awkward 'hi im owen...'type things, will you know anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Dont be nervous its grand!! they just give you a boring speech at the start and then they explain how to do your timetables. You do them and then they register you on the hand sign in system and you can leave.The sooner you figure out how to do the timetable the sooner you can leave:D

Wow, that speech took ages. and the timetable was pretty complicated, got it all sorted tho.. Now I have to try and sort what books i'll need to get, I presume they will tell you in your first class or not.

Wow, that speech took ages. and the timetable was pretty complicated, got it all sorted tho.. Now I have to try and sort what books i'll need to get, I presume they will tell you in your first class or not.
    Ages is an understatement:eek: Yah, supposidly only a few teachers ask you to get books too! Looking forward to tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Looking forward to getting used to the place, finding my classes and getting started. I'm pretty busy 2moro with 4 classes in a row from 8.30 to 12.30. I'll just have to find the classrooms, hopefully it wont be too hard.
    Thursday is by far my worst day, Friday is by far by best.

I love my timetable:) Starting at 9.30 everyday, finished by 3.30 most days too:rolleyes: Oh ye, I've a study class in the third class tomorrow, not like I'm going to have anything to study?:p

I only have 3 classes on a friday. I start every morning at half 8 apart from friday, which is at half nine. I dont finish until half 5 on thursdays, but i think ill change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

Are you's using the master timetable [yellow booklet] to work out what classes to go to tomorrow or do you have the actual time table sheet?

I just have a sheet with my timetable and class rooms

ah k, I just have the yellow booklet with times for every subject so I'm presuming I can go to any class I want until they give me back the timetable I made..

I dunno, they gave a booklet with the list of classes and teachers and gave us two sheets to fill in with the timetable we selected. We gave 1 back and kept the other.

Why didn't you make a copy of it?:confused:

I have a copy of it.
    Is there like a map of the school?

They only gave us 1 sheet :eek: I suppose reception should have the time table I handed up somewhere

• Advertisement

I have a copy of it.
    Is there like a map of the school?

A few people where looking for maps, they have signs up around the school but there not much use if you have a class over in another building be way too confusing, if you ask at reception they might have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

its really not that confusing to find your way around guys,its not really that big. sure if you get lost just pop in to gerry and suzanne ,theyll be happy to help!
    good luck to you all starting tomorrow, make the most of your time there and dont fall into the wrong crowd or youve pissed your money down the drain! :D

theowen wrote: »
    I love my timetable:) Starting at 9.30 everyday, finished by 3.30 most days too:rolleyes: Oh ye, I've a study class in the third class tomorrow, not like I'm going to have anything to study?:p
    find something to do or youll be seriously bored for the hour:pac:

"its really not that confusing to find your way around guys,its not really that big."

lies! :p, it feels like you need a tom tom to find your way around the place.I'm hoping to God I don't have any classes on the top floor, all those stairs i'd have to face with my heavy bag a challenge I don't want:cool:!

I'll have to find rooms 23/24, b1/b2, 1a and k1 for 2moro. I'll be in early so hopefully I can try to figure it out.

I'll have to find rooms 23/24, b1/b2, 1a and k1 for 2moro. I'll be in early so hopefully I can try to figure it out.
    well i was there for 3 years so i suppose i should know the place:o
    23/24, when you go in the main door,turn right go up that stairs and up again two other flights its on that floor then turn right at the top and its there.
    b1/b2,when you go in the front door turn right go down that stairs at the bottom turn right and its there in the basement
    k1,when you go in the front door walk straight through the first set of doors then out the second set of doors to the outside of the building,down the steps and the k1 building is in front of you on ur right. go up the steps in the door turn left,then right and your there.
    now you can draw a map:D:D

Great, thanks! No tips on 1A? :)
    Oh and 23/24 is on the very top floor?

Great, thanks! No tips on 1A? :)
    Oh and 23/24 is on the very top floor?
    a1 is behind the building behind k1 where the cafeteria is,you cant miss it youll see the smokers on the benches to the right.when you go in walk past the cafeteria theres a door right after it on your right,go through it, go up the first flight of stairs,through the door and turn right and its there:D

leesmom wrote: »
    a1 is behind the building behind k1 where the cafeteria is,you cant miss it youll see the smokers on the benches to the right.when you go in walk past the cafeteria theres a door right after it on your right,go through it, go up the first flight of stairs,through the door and turn right and its there:D

That smoking shed has been gone for years!!! not even allowed smoke outside the building anymore:( and gerry is gone this year,just suzanne left.

Its very easy to find your way around.. B rooms are in the basement...it goes in order of floors..so room 13/14 is technically room 3 and 4 on floor 1... etc for 23/24 its room 3/4 on floor two. Hall ga is beside gerards shop. Hall rooms are above gerards.K rooms are in k block in the middle.Its simple really!!

• Advertisement

Great, hopefully I wont get lost and be late to a class. :)

Advertisement