Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos going into 6th year/repeating in the institute?

Options
  • 31-08-2009 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Well after me saying I would never go back I have no option but to repeat in the institute again!Other repeat place I was going to go to couldn't facilitate chemistry or biology practicals. So who else is going to be in 6th year this year there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I will be:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

theowen wrote: »
    I will be:rolleyes:

Cool!Do you know what date we start?its usually round the 17th... ringing tomoro to get my interview..im sure they will be delighted to have me back..not haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 besos

I hope to be joining 6th year. Ringing tomorrow for interview also.
    Never sat the leaving before so i'll have my head in the books for the next nine months..
    Hoping i won't be the eldest there at 21! :p

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Cool!Do you know what date we start?its usually round the 17th... ringing tomoro to get my interview..im sure they will be delighted to have me back..not haha.
    I'm pretty sure it's the 17th; you can ring:eek: I posted the stuff and had to wait a week to get an interview, which is Tuesday:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure it's the 17th; you can ring:eek: I posted the stuff and had to wait a week to get an interview, which is Tuesday:rolleyes:

Ye this my fourth year in the tute..did 5th and 6th year twice..they know me well so il prob have an interview asap. I get a discount too:D

• Advertisement

besos wrote: »
    I hope to be joining 6th year. Ringing tomorrow for interview also.
    Never sat the leaving before so i'll have my head in the books for the next nine months..
    Hoping i won't be the eldest there at 21! :p

Im 20 so you not that old!!

Wow, fair play to you, heading in for your forth year!

The thoughts of getting back into maths and irish etc is a little daunting but looking forward to getting started.

besos wrote: »
    Wow, fair play to you, heading in for your forth year!

The thoughts of getting back into maths and irish etc is a little daunting but looking forward to getting started.

You doing pass or honours irish and maths? If you need any help chosing teachers let me know.Iv had them all lol. It's cool cause they give you a list of all the subjects,teachers and times the classes are on and you make up your own timetable! I dont have to do irish or maths this year thank god cause I have the leaving cert requirement in them:D but have to take up a new subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 wowiee

wow your third leaving cert!!!..Do you mind me asking but what course do you want?

You doing pass or honours irish and maths? If you need any help chosing teachers let me know.Iv had them all lol. It's cool cause they give you a list of all the subjects,teachers and times the classes are on and you make up your own timetable! I dont have to do irish or maths this year thank god cause I have the leaving cert requirement in them:D but have to take up a new subject.
    I'll be doing ordinary in both Irish and maths. Then higher English, Biology, Home Ec and Ag Science.
    Hoping that with just the six subjects i'll be able to spend more time on each subject and fingers crossed get enough points to continue on into my preferred college course next year..
    You must be delighted you don't have to sit irish or maths.. they would be the two i'm probably going to struggle with the most!

• Advertisement

wowiee wrote: »
    wow your third leaving cert!!!..Do you mind me asking but what course do you want?

Ha not repeating cause i want a certain course and didn't get the points! I got in with wrong crowd in school and hardly ever went in and basically did s**t!! Been stuck in college course all year that I hate cause got hardly any points so iv got my act together and Im going back to get the best points I can!

Ha not repeating cause i want a certain course and didn't get the points! I got in with wrong crowd in school and hardly ever went in and basically did s**t!! Been stuck in college course all year that I hate cause got hardly any points so iv got my act together and Im going back to get the best points I can!
    Only a few days a go you were doing your best to dissuade everyone from going to to 'tute :rolleyes:

Only a few days a go you were doing your best to dissuade everyone from going to to 'tute :rolleyes:

I know exactly! But it is my only option cause cant do the subjects i want/need in the other place I was going to.Ah well!

I know exactly! But it is my only option cause cant do the subjects i want/need in the other place I was going to.Ah well!
    G'luck then:)

G'luck then:)

Thank yoooo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Irishtrojan

yup i'll be there wednesday week i think.. i'm ready to get the next couple of months over with :D

yup i'll be there wednesday week i think.. i'm ready to get the next couple of months over with :D

You repeating or is it your first time doing 6th year?we start on the 16th so you have two more weeks of freedom:D

Hmm considering the first day is on the 16, will you all be going the higher options conference, which is from the 16th to the 18th:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 irishgirl09

Yeah, I've posted before but, I'm goin' to the 'tute too :rolleyes:

I'd love to make the Higher Options thing (in Croke Park isn't it?:confused:), maybe the first day will only be a half day or will facilitate us with the option to go?
    What happened last year, or maybe the dates didn't clash?? :rolleyes:

I'd love to make the Higher Options thing (in Croke Park isn't it?:confused:), maybe the first day will only be a half day or will facilitate us with the option to go?
    It's in the RDS:p I think the 16th is the first full day, because the few days we've to be in before that are half days; I'm gonna email them actually:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You have a full day usually on the first day.If you want to go to the higher options you will be allowed but only if you have a note giving you permission from your parent/guardian. Unless you are a mature student of course.

You have a full day usually on the first day.If you want to go to the higher options you will be allowed but only if you have a note giving you permission from your parent/guardian. Unless you are a mature student of course.

a mature student being?

a mature student being?

23 usually bit if you are 20 or over you could just go in and tell them your going if thats ok.

Regarding books, I was told at my interview not to get any books until I knew what teachers I had because I might not need them, should I ignore this and get my books?

Regarding books, I was told at my interview not to get any books until I knew what teachers I had because I might not need them, should I ignore this and get my books?

I would get your english ones but not the rest.Some Teachers for the other subjects only use notes that they give you.They will tell you in your first class if you need them

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

nah i wouldn't go buying books just yet could be a waste of money if you end up not using them.Most teachers just use their own notes in class but you might decide yourself to go out and buy the textbook anyhow to help with studying.I plan on just using the revise wise books with the notes:cool:

great thanks.
    any suggestions on teachers to avoid or to try and get

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

great thanks.
    any suggestions on teachers to avoid or to try and get

For the first week I think your able to go to whatever teacher you want so you'll have your own opinions on the teachers but
    For English i'd say
    Cathy Sweeney - Comparative, Jim Lusby- Language, Denis Creaven -poetry, Paul Mc Cormack- Single text
    For Business Keith Hannigan

great english is one of the subjects I need to work on.
    business not so much.
    My subjects: OL irish, HL maths, HL accounting, HL geography, HL history, HL business, HL english.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle Pat Doyle

Also, Martin Kelly (He teaches full time in (Old) my school too)

Advertisement