Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Spiders

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Lot more around than I ever remember. Bigger than usual too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Iang87 wrote: »
    What is with these giant spiders wondering around lately. A few times this week i've been just sitting and a spider the size of a small dog is wondering across in front of me.

Some of these ****ers are so big you nearly have to ask them to keep their heads down so you can see the TV

Are you sure these are not crabs. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I had one in my house the other day. He was so big when I stood on him first he didn't even squish. So I stamped on him and I swear to god, it was like I squishing a big mouse. You could hear him crunch.

Where are these coming from?

Should we bring back St Patrick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Aww man one just appeared on my bedroom floor there. It was HUGE. Way bigger than my hand. But now it had has disappeared again. Which is **** because it could be anywhere :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Ones in my room too...**** im scared it will crawl on my face when im asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Ones in my room too...**** im scared it will crawl on my face when im asleep

The average person will eat 8 spiders in their life time.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wandagal

really hate them:eek: there waz a massive spider on my bed and i still wont sleep in there nw. i sleeping in da spare rm lol:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

wandagal wrote: »
    really hate them:eek: there waz a massive spider on my bed and i still wont sleep in there nw. i sleeping in da spare rm lol:(

How do you know he isnt too? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recluse_spider

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahah:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chickensandwich

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

brummytom wrote: »
    Ermm.. pardon? :confused:

Jesus, you're a young one, aren't you?

I guess you've never played text-based adventure games on the computer?

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Walked into my living room 10 mins ago and there's one on the wall. Big auld fecker it is, making weird shapes, I'll leave him/her at it.

Seen one in the living room a couple of weeks ago was laying down watching telly and next I see this big thing legging across the floor, Usain Bolt wouldn't get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Only had 2 hours sleep

About 2 weeks ago I was going to bed and looked up and saw a huge spider on the wall about the bed – long black legs and big black head. My OH came to the rescue but totally freaked me out given that it was above my head…

Yesterday I did a full tidy up, hovered and changed the bed etc, moved presses and all was fine. I am constantly on the look out for them now and make sure every night before I go to bed that there are none.

Got up last night to get a drink (himself was still downstairs) and threw back the covers and there was a similar big black spider in the bed, under the (just changed) covers over on his side… AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He came to the rescue again but I had to sleep on the sofa. I would not get back in the bed.

I cant get back into that bed. they are huge. HELP

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Rhyme wrote: »
    You are in a forest.
    To the north is a clearing.
    To the west is a tree stump.
    The way east is blocked by a giant spider.
    What do you do?

> run the f*ck away

I'm sorry, I do not understand the word 'f*ck'

> run away

I'm sorry, I do not understand the word 'away'

> run

The spider is upon you, subduing you with it's vile web and injecting a burning poison into your neck. With your last breath you curse all arachnids as this one begins to insert eggs into your stomach.

You are dead.

/nerd

So you writing a new mud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It's not the Giant Spiders you have to worry about it these damned giant......

.....OH MY GAWD THEY'RE INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!!

IT'S BITING ME!!!!! OH GOD IT STINGS!!!!! I'M BLINDED!!!!!!!!

RUN KIDS!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!

*dialtone*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 QuoiFaireX

Left the window open and the light in my bedroom on last night before i went to bed... big mistake.:(
    There was an insect party in my bedroom, haven't gone back in. They own my room now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cat-man

Yea had same problem last night in my bedroom a huge black one that moved so fast it took me 20 mins to catch him and needed to use a large glass vase to trap him cause his legs were so long.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Only had 2 hours sleep

About 2 weeks ago I was going to bed and looked up and saw a huge spider on the wall about the bed – long black legs and big black head. My OH came to the rescue but totally freaked me out given that it was above my head…

Yesterday I did a full tidy up, hovered and changed the bed etc, moved presses and all was fine. I am constantly on the look out for them now and make sure every night before I go to bed that there are none.

Got up last night to get a drink (himself was still downstairs) and threw back the covers and there was a similar big black spider in the bed, under the (just changed) covers over on his side… AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He came to the rescue again but I had to sleep on the sofa. I would not get back in the bed.

I cant get back into that bed. they are huge. HELP

Sweet Jesus, will ya listen to yourself. They are harmless FFS. I live in a studio apartment by myself and I'm sharing it with my adopted pet fruit spider. He's huge about half the size of my hand but he's doing a great job keeping out the flies and bluebottles which I used to have a problem with. He has his web over the TV and every now and then scurries accross the floor in which i'm really careful I dont squish him. He's also has set up shop outside my window. One day last week he was on my couch and he nearly sat on him so I took up in my hand, patted him on the head and placed him back on his web. He's been there for months.

For killing the flies I get a good, honest and reliable companion in return. You cant beat that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Partizan wrote: »
    For killing the flies I get a good, honest and reliable companion in return. You cant beat that.

Until you wake one morning to him sitting on your face, hissing, fangs out ready for the kill! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

I av one of those baxtards that only comes out at nite and it aint funny! he really is the size of small dog...i av nothing against or fear spiders, but jesus like, they really are after getting huge...wat happened to the normal daddy long legs....eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

I was actually just thinking recently that I havent seen a spider in ages! Not even a daddy long legs. Nnow I'm scared there's some big a$s spiders lying in wait plotting their revenge..

spiderman_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Can someone post a picture of these things on boards? I've seen a few fairly large feckers in my apartment over the last while, and want to see if they are the same type of spider everyone is seeing.

This could be the start of a global take over, and these are merely forward scouts, sussing out our defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Can someone post a picture of these things on boards? I've seen a few fairly large feckers in my apartment over the last while, and want to see if they are the same type of spider everyone is seeing.

This could be the start of a global take over, and these are merely forward scouts, sussing out our defences.

You mean the rolled up paper?

Found one of these feckers in the GF house last week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse

Thought it snuck back with us from Australia, but according to the link above its American. I didnt have time to check its visa/passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

4321a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

At a friends house a week ago at a party, we all went to sleep/passed out leaving the kitchen window open , it was like bug city the next morning with these giant spiders marching about killing all flies etc in their path in a war of the worlds - esque fashion, solution, can of lynx and a lighter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is quite possible that you are seeing these guys - Giant House Spider.

They generally start coming in from the garden around this time of the year when it gets a bit cooler & then feck off again when you stick the heating on & the air becomes less humid.

They're really fast little hoors too. Some evenings I could catch four or five of them in my place. Most evenings, just one or two. And as for my shed - an ideal place to conduct aversion therapy on an arachnophobe. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Why did I read this thread? :eek: :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 PinkLady001

This is weird, you guys have just reminded me of a nightmare I had last night about spiders.
    I was up in my mam's house and the garage was infested with spiders - I was cracking up telling her she needed to get rid of them so somehow we rounded them all and there were 5 or 6 different types, hundreds of them and they all marched off like a little army to a house across the road.
    I was ringing pest control then, trying to get them to spray the hole house.
    Few mins later they decided they wanted to come back so they were all marhing back towards the house, I was standing at the front door trying to use bleach to keep them at bay. :confused:
    Bloody terrifiying (sp) and weird.
    No more eating late at night for me!

Advertisement