Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Well done :-D WOO!

''Students who will receive examinations results after the Autumn examination boards may register one week after examination results become available.''

Someone please tell me the above is a lie and a joke ^^ I've to wait until the day classes start to register?!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

Well done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

''Students who will receive examinations results after the Autumn examination boards may register one week after examination results become available.''

Someone please tell me the above is a lie and a joke ^^ I've to wait until the day classes start to register?!

People in my course got their results a week ago today and still can't register....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Well done on getting through!

I'm having registration problems too (not as bad as yours) - my plan is just to look up the Undergraduate Calender and see which modules I need to do, and look up the lecture times manually on timetable.ucc.ie, officially registering maybe later.

I'm really hungover and registering for the new term now is probably the worst decision I've ever made. I've never done something more difficult in my life with the exception of deciding what to eat earlier today.

• Advertisement

Why let me register for a module, and also tell me in a phone call that I pretty much have a place on the module, to then only email me back and say its been full since before reg opened?! God damn it UCC! :mad: Stop messing me about!

/rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Why let me register for a module, and also tell me in a phone call that I pretty much have a place on the module, to then only email me back and say its been full since before reg opened?! God damn it UCC! :mad: Stop messing me about!

/rant.

Just saw that on Facebook! Wtf is up with that like? They better not have done the same thing with any of the other modules...there's no point in offering these modules to us if they've been unavailable since the start of September, especially since the earliest any Arts students could register was the 14th.:mad:

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Just saw that on Facebook! Wtf is up with that like? They better not have done the same thing with any of the other modules...there's no point in offering these modules to us if they've been unavailable since the start of September, especially since the earliest any Arts students could register was the 14th.:mad:

I have no idea :rolleyes: That module has appeared up on my Blackboard and I'm confirmed as registered on it ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Are the 2 for 1 beer vouchers for Fred's and the Fran Well been given out this year at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Does anyone know how the college hires people for the new Student Patrol??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

ciaradx wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the college hires people for the new Student Patrol??
    This has created an image in my mind of me becoming power hungry and tasering drunk students at random. Sorry for thinking out loud. :P

Are the 2 for 1 beer vouchers for Fred's and the Fran Well been given out this year at all?
    Didn't see them this year. I am disappoint. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Nervosa wrote: »
    Didn't see them this year. I am disappoint. :(

I got some Wednesday. A girl was handing them out at the gate on college road closest to the Student Common Room

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Serbitar

Use the vouchers up lads, buy one get one free is only for September. Buy two get one free for the rest of the year. There'll be a few pints of grolsch had this weekend anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

They've definitely gotten more strict about those vouchers then. I was stopped a couple of times last year from using them in Fred's so no surprise that they've upped it to 3 for 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

Serbitar wrote: »
    There'll be a few pints of grolsch had this weekend anyway!

Good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Quick question,

My student card expired yesterday, will I still be able to log on to the computers in the library/campus? I have print credit and need to use it. My access to the library online is refuted so I'm leaning towards no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Quick question,

My student card expired yesterday, will I still be able to log on to the computers in the library/campus? I have print credit and need to use it. My access to the library online is refuted so I'm leaning towards no.

Might have a chance with logging on and printing from campus computers, but I doubt you'll get into the library

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Cheers but I've found an alternative way to work around the whole printing issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

It's great to be back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

What would be a good price for a secondhand book? I bought it last year for 70 and it's in excellent condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

What would be a good price for a secondhand book? I bought it last year for 70 and it's in excellent condition.

55 euro if you bought it new.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Check what it is selling for on amazon - would give you a good indication of price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

The library opening hours suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

The library opening hours suck.

Boole closed every sunday and open less than 3 hours every saturday. Mindblowing. When did this begin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Boole closed every sunday and open less than 3 hours every saturday. Mindblowing. When did this begin?

Cutbacks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Ehrmantraut

Bleedin' cutbacks. I need my education 24/7.

No reading room all semester either it seems :confused::( Tis crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

I'd imagine that's because it's only October folks. Expect the opening house to be extended around Christmas time and the again around March, just in time for the end of year exams and such.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having problems with the college wifi atm? Also, anyone in UCC residences having any problems with the UCC internet/wifi?

Advertisement