Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: Randy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

he can tend to be tl;dr! :o
    May be a bit long sometimes but it is hard not to read your posts.

Not asking a question just want to say it's been a pleasure talking to you on boards , pleasure reading your posts and you are someone who really makes this place and boards in general special.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Why are you not around? Where are you when you aren't at home? :p
    Elsewhere? :p

Work entails long hours at certain times of the year; also a fair bit of travelling.
    1. What are three facts about you that we would be shocked to know
    Jaysus! Another Aisling is come amongst us! :p

Emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... :confused:

1. I have an incorrect number of toenails as a result of a botched operation.

2. I have never owned a Transformer model, read a Transformer comic or seen a Transformer movie.

3. I have no overwhelming desire to do any of the above. :o
    2. What is your favourite colour?
    Probably sea-green, whatever the official name for that is.
    3. Is there a reason you don't seem to have posted a pic of yourself up on Boards?
    Three possibilities:

(a) I like the fact that I can relax and fool around without feeling that anyone from work etc. who happens across boards can identify me and follow every bad joke I make.

(b) I'm a fugly baxtard.

(c) a little from column A, a little from column B.

You decide! :P
    4. If not, will you?
    No.
    5. What height are you?
    A trifle under 5' 10"
    6. What three Nocs (that you have not met previously) would you most like to meet?
    Well, given that there are only 2 (fairly irregular) Nocs that I have actually met, the choice is way too wide ... I'm going to have to conduct a lottery and get back to you! :p

Galvasean wrote: »
    Same question, but replace animal with dinosaur.
    Em ...

>_>

<_<

... this guy?

Aren't they the dogs that bite fat children in Andorra?
    0_o

Not that I know of?

I doubt it, they tend to be very equable creatures.
    cHaTbOx wrote: »
    May be a bit long sometimes but it is hard not to read your posts.

Not asking a question just want to say it's been a pleasure talking to you on boards , pleasure reading your posts and you are someone who really makes this place and boards in general special.
    Aw, shucks! :o

/applies tissue to teardrop

Now see what you made me do!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

0_o

Not that I know of?

I doubt it, they tend to be very equable creatures.

Ah it was some kind of Pyrennean dog that was doing that. They got them in to protect sheep from the newly released wolves and tehy started biting tourists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

/applies tissue to teardrop

Now see what you made me do!! :o

Use your supply of tissues for something out of the ordinary... for you?

/Puts on petrol head

What is your fantasy car?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Oh, you're in trouble now Mister for this statement:
    Jaysus! Another Aisling is come amongst us! :p

In order to stick up for myself and Princess Ais I have gone in search of more questions!

Boards related stuff:
    How did you first come across boards?

And when did you first become a mod?

What's your favourite thing about this forum?

And is there anything you'd like to change about it?

Non Boards stuff:
    What do you have against Transformers? :eek:

What's your biggest fear?

What's a (non crude) talent you have that people wouldn't expect?

If you were to go on 'Blind date', what one question would you definitely ask the three potential ladies?

What four things are guaranteed to cheer you up, when you're having a bad day?

Describe yourself in five words, or less.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose? (without being crude!)

If I asked you "where do you see yourself in 5 years", 5 years ago, what would you have said? Is where you are now better, worse or just different?

What celebrity looks most like you?

Have you any tattoos or piercings? If so what and where?

Onkle wrote: »
    /Puts on petrol head

What is your fantasy car?
    One that drives itself, a la Kitt in Knightrider, and lets me lie back, relax and do ... other things! >_>

Oh, you're in trouble now Mister for this statement:

In order to stick up for myself and Princess Ais I have gone in search of more questions!
    facepalm.png

Boards related stuff:
    How did you first come across boards?
    I was an occasional lurker for years before I actually registered (I knew damn well I'd get addicted!)

I'm not sure how I first fell across it tbh ... I remember hearing casual scuttlebutt around Galway uni about this site John Breslin (based there) and others had going, and how it seemed to be taking off; whether someone pointed it out to me or whether I actually found it on a random search I can't remember.
    And when did you first become a mod?
    Around November, I think?
    What's your favourite thing about this forum?
    The atmosphere, the people, the friendliness, the fact that they don't take themselves or each other too seriously ...
    And is there anything you'd like to change about it?
    Not a lot, really.

It tends to still revolve a fair bit around the chat thread, and while I don't see that as a major problem, I'm always glad to see other activities / threads going strong ... keeps a better balance.
    What do you have against Transformers? :eek:
    Not a damn thing.

I just never had anything to do with them; I think the first time someone was on about them here, I went "whut?!"
    What's your biggest fear?
    Em ... old age, I suppose, falling apart physically, esp. blindness, as it was something I was threatened with at a fairly young age. Luckily, my body decided to pull itself together and my sight more or less stopped deteriorating naturally.
    What's a (non crude) talent you have that people wouldn't expect?
    None of my talents are crude! :p

Earthy, perhaps, but ...

Jeez .... em .... ceili dancing? ... though I'm well out of practise.
    If you were to go on 'Blind date', what one question would you definitely ask the three potential ladies?
    Now THAT'S the one you should have restricted, I'm very tempted to quote a Kevin Bloody Wilson song at you!! :p

If I'm to stay polite, probably "how seriously do you take yourself?" ... though it would need to be phrased a bit better.
    What four things are guaranteed to cheer you up, when you're having a bad day?
    1. Friends
    2. Dogs / cats / animals
    3. Bad jokes
    4. A quiet spot by the sea
    Describe yourself in five words, or less.
    WYSIWYG

That's one word, right? :pac:
    If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose? (without being crude!)
    No animal imagery, then? :pac:
    Bacon and (homegrown) cabbage and potatoes, with a good dash of butter and a pint of cold milk, on a hot summer's day (if we ever see the like again! :rolleyes:)

Yes, I'm a culchie! :p
    If I asked you "where do you see yourself in 5 years", 5 years ago, what would you have said? Is where you are now better, worse or just different?
    I would probably have said "based full-time in Galway" rather than having to flit around the place. Hasn't happened yet, so I suppose slightly worse.
    What celebrity looks most like you?
    Lord, I have no flipping idea! I'm celebrity-phobic!
    Have you any tattoos or piercings? If so what and where?
    Nope, not a one.

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1) If a movie of your life was made, who would you have star as you??

2) If you could introduce a law tomorrow, what would it be??

3) Live on a submarine or a space station??

4) Can you speak any foreign languages??

5) Favourite country you've travelled to??

6) Country that you'd most like to visit that you haven't been to yet??

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Oh yay your noclight makes for an interesting and funny read Randy :)

You seem like a nice guy .............i can tell by these things :pac: :p:p

So my questions

What was you favourite santa pressie as a kid?

Do you like kid's?

If you dont already have it, what's your dream job?

Can you play any instruments?

If not are there any you would like to learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

1) have you ever taken an innuendo too far, or do you think there is such a thing?

2) You mentioned steak earlier: how SHOULD it be cooked (burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell?)

3) Is there ever a person you would not make a dirty innuendo to? and why?

4) do you believe in the after life etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

1.what does tldr mean?
    2.Do you like cats?
    3.whats the song thats stuck in your head at the moment?
    4.favourite concert?
    5.crisps of choclate?
    6.do you like musicals?
    7.Have you ever seen any film with al pacino in it?
    8.How old are you?
    9.are you tall?
    10.Can you speak irish?
    11.Able to dance?
    12.Ever get caught doing the nasty?
    13.Do i ask a lot of questions?
    14.ever go horse riding?
    15.Favourite holiday?
    16.Where do you want to see before you die?
    17.Favourite tv show?
    18.Ever dress up as a girl?
    19.Do you dress up for holloween?
    20.Have you got a tv licnese?
    21.Do you vote?
    22.Favourite school subject?
    23.What kinda car do you drive?
    24.Ever go skinny dipping?
    25.Do you miss anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

And now, for the actual* answers! :pac:
    Seriously, I couldn't give a damn.

I have a couple of gin redhead friends who I'm always slagging, but the truth is I wouldn't see the colour of someone's hair as being in any way relevant, and even on a physical / subconscious level it doesn't seem to make the slightest difference to me; Junior salutes them all!
    Ah now, t'would be a lie to say you don't love gingers....Even the males! >_>

Bacon and (homegrown) cabbage and potatoes, with a good dash of butter and a pint of cold milk, on a hot summer's day

Yes, I'm a culchie! :p
    And you'd love some rhubarb tart to top it all off, right? :pac:

No, they're pink.
    So are your apt walls btw....surprise!! >_>
    Not a big issue, tbh, any more than colour of hair. Bum, by a slight margin, perhaps ...
    Hard to be an issue when you're not seeing any of either, eh? :pac:
    Almost anything apart from lager / beer.

Generally spirits though, and a good single malt is a joy forever ...
    He's a sucker for cocktails too... and certain shots >_> or maybe it's just the way i make them :D
    No, because it wouldn't be fair on them, I wouldn't be around enough. I'm an animal-lover, though ...
    Sheep lover, to be more specific....true kerry person >_>
    Prepared for my LC exam the next day.
    You can still rememeber it?! :eek:
    Anything casual and comfortable ...
    kerist, if he ever wears anything other than a tshirt and shorts I'll faint with shock :p
    Usually / officially / when someone hasn't decided to take over my spare room! :pac:
    /whistles innocently >_>
    <_<

I think we're almost out of milk, btw...
    Oh, I have been!

In fact, there's a young boardsie mate of mine with whom I regularly get into jousts, and it depends on the day who wins on points!!
    You rang? :D Interesting that you'd actually admit defeat!!! muahaahha

(a) I like the fact that I can relax and fool around without feeling that anyone from work etc. who happens across boards can identify me and follow every bad joke I make.

(b) I'm a fugly baxtard.

(c) a little from column A, a little from column B.

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B !!!!!!!! Did I mention....B? :pac:
    A trifle under 5' 10"
    Sorry to burst your bubble spud, but I've got a few inches on you....how big is this trifle? :p
    Em ... old age, I suppose, falling apart physically, esp. blindness, as it was something I was threatened with at a fairly young age. Luckily, my body decided to pull itself together and my sight more or less stopped deteriorating naturally.
    /sits on hands...

*may not be actual answers, also, may contain nuts and serious pish taking of shorthorn :D

koth wrote: »
    1) If a movie of your life was made, who would you have star as you??
    Hmmm ... Johnny Depp? :pac:
    2) If you could introduce a law tomorrow, what would it be??
    Oh lord. There's lots of things I'd like to change about the world, but I've never been especially convinced that laws are the most effective or the best way to effect social change.

So I'll go with a slightly light-hearted suggestion: that all elected representatives when elected must sell off all business assets / investments etc. (basically everything apart from the family home) and invest the proceeds in "Ireland Inc."

When they retire, they get their capital returned to them adjusted for profit or loss according to the way the country fared during their term of office.

Might encourage them to be a bit more careful and industrious in their handling of the country's affairs! :pac:
    3) Live on a submarine or a space station??
    Mildly claustrophobic, so preferably neither.

Of the two, probably space-station.
    4) Can you speak any foreign languages??
    I used to have reasonable enough Spanish, but it's very very rusty due to lack of use. I can still muddle my way through something written if I take my time, but my brain is far too slow to access the vocab to manage a conversation much beyond ordering a drink or a meal or something like that.
    5) Favourite country you've travelled to??
    Greece, especially the Greek Islands. Lovely people, lovely weather, laid-back pace of life, packed with history and archaeology.
    6) Country that you'd most like to visit that you haven't been to yet??
    Everywhere I haven't been really, if I was rich enough I would spend a lot of my time travelling. Hmmm, Italy I guess, which oddly enough I just haven't landed in yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

1. What is the randiest thing you've ever done ? Spare no details. Alone time randy doesn't count.
    2. Do you worship Foghorn Leghorn as your Personal Jesushorn ?
    3. Jaffa Cakes or Bourbon Creams ?
    4. Eva Mendes or Keira Knightley ?
    5. What would you do if you were stuck in a lift with Oprah ? No one is watching, and she swears to secrecy.

lolly22 wrote: »
    Oh yay your noclight makes for an interesting and funny read Randy :)

You seem like a nice guy .............i can tell by these things :pac: :p:p
    Gracias, querida!

Yo no creo en tomar la vida demasiado en serio, ya que puede haber supuesto! ;)
    So my questions

What was you favourite santa pressie as a kid?
    Books. Always books. I didn't just read them, I all but ate them!! :rolleyes:
    Do you like kid's?
    Yes, but I wouldn't eat a whole one ... >_>

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

Generally yes, but I prefer them as they get older and can talk to / argue with me! :pac:

I was a youth worker for several years, so I'm well used to hordes of teenagers around me. I enjoy them at that age I have to say; they would drive you cuckoo at times, but they're also full of life and energy and mischief, and keep you young!
    If you dont already have it, what's your dream job?
    Travel writer, possibly. Certainly I love travelling and seeing new places, and I tend to write a bit from time to time anyway ... or I did when I had the time. To be paid for doing both would be pretty ideal ...
    Can you play any instruments?
    /resists bad joke

Not a one, I'm afraid.
    If not are there any you would like to learn?
    Oh, I'd love to be able to play any instrument, and preferably several.

Unfortunately, I'm the musical dunce in a musical (extended) family, and having tried out a few to little avail gave up on it years ago.

1) have you ever taken an innuendo too far, or do you think there is such a thing?
    Probably, though not deliberately. Yes, there is, and it varies depending on context. My sense of humour can be a bit ... earthy, but it's intended to make people grin, not offend them.

Of course, you will meet a small number of people who are very easily offended by anything, look for something to be offended about in fact ... such people are best avoided.
    3) Is there ever a person you would not make a dirty innuendo to? and why?
    In general, someone who might be offended.

As I often say on Boards in other circumstances "it's all about context!" Much of life is, really.
    2) You mentioned steak earlier: how SHOULD it be cooked (burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell?)
    I was waiting for that one! :p

Medium rare, so I guess that's "bloody as hell".
    4) do you believe in the after life etc?
    Big question.

Believe? I'm not sure if I absolutely believe.

Do I have a strong suspicion that we don't just suddenly stop like a worn-out toy, and that's it ...

Put it this way, I find it difficult to believe that the universe could be that wasteful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What annoys Randy about society?

What's the worst thing you've witnessed happening on a night out (not necessarily personal, more like chaos)?

The world is facing the apocalypse, pick a team of five to save the world.

What are the best and worst thing about boards in your opinion?

1.what does tldr mean?
    tl;dr = "Too long; didn't read!"

In general, it implies that someone has become intoxicated with the exuberance of their own verbosity ... >_>
    2.Do you like cats?
    Yes, but I prefer dogs, generally speaking anyway ... the personality of the individual animal is important though.

I like animals in general, really.
    whats the song thats stuck in your head at the moment?
    Because I went looking for it last night to link it above, "Jizz in my Pants".

Noice! >.<
    favourite concert?
    Anything open air, in good weather, lively, good atmosphere / company.

I'm really bad for having "favourites" as such, in anything really. :o
    crisps of choclate?
    Depends on mood, really. Probably crisps overall.
    do you like musicals?
    They wouldn't be top of my list musically, but I'm not a musical-hater.

I've been in a few ... I went to a secondary school with a really strong musical emphasis, both on the curricular and the extra-curricular side. It was also co-ed, but with roughly a 2:1 female:male ratio (which had lots of advantages! ;)) They were always a bit less fluirseach for lads as a result, and while I couldn't sing for nuts, I had a carrying voice and could kind of act, so I tended to get conscripted for non-singing parts. I have to say they were always great fun to be in, anyway.

I would tend to prefer the older ones rather than the Andrew Lloyd-Webber et al generation. There's a wonderfully funny old romp which charts (comedically) the life of Percy French, for example, and contains a lot of his songs, but it's hardly ever staged any more ... think it might be called These Golden Years or something like that. And there are some wonderful old songs; this is a personal favourite (and it might hopefully drive that other yoke out of my head! :pac:)

Have you ever seen any film with al pacino in it?
    Lord yes, loads of them, how could you avoid him?!
    How old are you?
    Old enough to know better, young enough not to care! :P
    are you tall?
    Not especially. Medium height, I suppose.
    Can you speak irish?
    Not especially well. I generally won't speak it, in fact, though I understand it reasonably well if people don't go like racehorses!
    Able to dance?
    Hopeless.
    Ever get caught doing the nasty?
    Yes, kind of. There's nothing nasty about it, though! :p:D
    Do i ask a lot of questions?
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!11!!11! :p
    ever go horse riding?
    Yes, quite a lot as a teenager actually. The family of a friend of mine had a small riding stables, and we would spend a fair bit of time on horseback, mooching around the land, doing bits of jobs or checking on stock. I never learned to ride for competition though, that never interested me. I just loved the horses, and it was the handiest way to get around a well-scattered hilly / woody farm.
    Favourite holiday?
    any holiday with good friends, really. Geographically, probably the Greek Islands, as mentioned above.
    Where do you want to see before you die?
    The whole damn world!!
    Favourite tv show?
    Not a big tv fan, and when I do watch it, it tends to be for purposes of escapism / turning off the brain, so ... probably Eureka at the moment.
    Ever dress up as a girl?
    Yep. I did many daft things in my time, especially in college ... probably at least partly the result of sharing a house with a gang of completely lunatic med students.
    Do you dress up for holloween?
    Have been known to (see previous question). Haven't in a few years though.
    Have you got a tv licnese?
    Yes.
    Do you vote?
    Yes.
    Favourite school subject?
    History.
    What kinda car do you drive?
    I don't any more, it used to kill my eyes.
    Ever go skinny dipping?
    Yes.
    Do you miss anyone?
    Yes. My mother; a good friend who died of leukaemia when she was 20; another who died a couple of years later from an aneurism. Friends who have scattered around the world. It's life, little one; the older you get, the more people will disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

1. toothpicks or floss
    2. upside-down with the t.v. the same or just normally seated
    3. bed or that weird way you can point yourself towards the back of the coach
    4. how many times have you eaten a sandwich to later realize the bread was gone off
    5. die hard 4 or two hours showering (alone)
    6. ile-seat or window
    7. walking on the escalator or standing
    8. scariest thing in the world
    9. do you believe the conspiracy about the lair
    10. would you except a pigs heart in place of your own

Ah now, t'would be a lie to say you don't love gingers....Even the males! >_>
    Ah, but you're special, babes! :p

Special needs, that is!
    And you'd love some rhubarb tart to top it all off, right? :pac:
    Go sit on a cactus! :p
    No, they're pink.
    So are your apt walls btw....surprise!! >_>
    If they are, you may find yourself with severely restricted access ... and I don't mean to Noc!!!
    Hard to be an issue when you're not seeing any of either, eh? :pac:
    Oh, someone is getting very lippy recently! :p

Took you long enough!! ... I was beginning to think I was going to have to take you to Amsterdam for the weekend, and pay someone to take pity on you!! :pac:
    He's a sucker for cocktails too... and certain shots >_> or maybe it's just the way i make them :D
    Trowelled and I were just talking about those above.

There's nothing special about the way you make them, except you always seem to leave a mess all over the place, they always seem to be small and you've dribbled half of them down the side! >_>
    Sheep lover, to be more specific....true kerry person >_>
    There's nothing wrong with a nice sheep!

At least I didn't spend my time chasing the young rams around! <_<
    kerist, if he ever wears anything other than a tshirt and shorts I'll faint with shock :p
    Well, I have to dress up when herself is around, don't I?!

Hell, you gave me enough orders on that front!!
    I think we're almost out of milk, btw...
    You never seem to have much.

Surprising, really, at your age ...
    You rang? :D Interesting that you'd actually admit defeat!!! muahaahha
    Unlike some people, I don't have a hang-up about always being right / winning! ^_^
    Sorry to burst your bubble spud, but I've got a few inches on you....how big is this trifle? :p
    You're always claiming to have extra inches. Funnily enough, every time you start on about it the woman in your life rolls her eyes to heaven and changes the subject. Odd, huh?! :pac:
    /sits on hands...
    Well, I wasn't sitting on my hands at the time. Who knows, I may be living proof that the old myth is just that?! >_>
    atleast none you still get to use! :D

Seems like you're well out of practice of a lot of things! >_>
    Sez the voice of experience!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

may contain nuts
    More than you'll be able to say when I get my hands on you! :p

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Hmmm ... Johnny Depp? :pac:
    Are you sure you didn't mean Johnny Deep?? :P

What comedians do you like??

First album you ever bought??

Last album you bought??

Last movie you saw??

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

1.Whats the most enjoyable thing you did today?
    2.Last film you saw?
    3.Single or loved up?
    4.Can you do all sorts of thecnical hooha with computers?
    5.Do you like feeding ducks?
    6.Would you want kids?
    7.Are you fascinated by any particular historal period/event?
    8.any good at card games?
    9.Do you play drinking games?
    10.Do you drink shots,if so what ones?
    11.Worst job youve had?
    12.Will you come to the next beers pleeeeeeease?
    13.do you like to do house work?
    14.Are you a tidy tina or a messy milly?
    15.Any foods that you cant stand?
    16.Can you swim?
    17.do you play any computer games?
    18.Do you enjoy living alone or would you rather have someone with you?
    19.Ever get scared at night time when youre out?
    20.Ever loose a shoe?
    21.what greek islands have you been to?
    22.ever climb a mountain?
    23.what are your views on abortion?
    24.are you interested in polotics?
    25.Are you good at maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Gracias, querida!

Yo no creo en tomar la vida demasiado en serio, ya que puede haber supuesto! ;)

Si! Me di quenta de esto, me gusta tu actitud de vida en general, y el hecho de que simpre pones muchas sonrisas en gente aqui :)

Are you hungry?

<<

>>

*hide's minilolly* :P

Are you into football?

Are you into technology?

If you could write a book what type of book would it be?

What's your favourite time of year?

Do you belive in ghosts?

What's your favourite pogramme on tv at the moment?

How many hours sleep do you get a day(usually)?

Have you always been one to stay up so late?

Did you have a nice weekend?

Are you enjoying your noclight?

trout wrote: »
    What is the randiest thing you've ever done ? Spare no details. Alone time randy doesn't count.
    Lol, no way am I answering that on a public forum ... or perhaps off it either! :p

The 5th amendment may not apply in Ireland, but I'm claiming it anyway.

Though an incident at a certain concert when I was 17 springs to mind for just plain out-of-control hormones ... those who know that story can STFU, please! :p
    Do you worship Foghorn Leghorn as your Personal Jesushorn?
    No, he worships me.
    Jaffa Cakes or Bourbon Creams ?
    Jaffa cakes.
    Eva Mendes or Keira Knightley ?
    Eva Mendes.

Though I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed for eating biscuits.
    What would you do if you were stuck in a lift with Oprah ? No one is watching, and she swears to secrecy.
    Murder her.

Would solve the secrecy issue too.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

It's life, little one; the older you get, the more people will disappear.

Do you feel bad for making me cry? :(

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What annoys Randy about society?
    Lots of things, when I let them.

Intolerance, for a start. Intolerance of any sort, be it racism, sexism, homophobia (which really should be called "homism" or some such btw, homophobia is something else again from the rampant bigotry that gets lumped in under that name and gilded by the excuse of a "phobia"), whatever "ism" you're having yourself really.

Politics and politicians, and their cronies. 'Nuff said.

The treatment of the so-called "third world" by the "first world". It's not the third world, it's the same fecking world we all live in, ffs! Overt political colonialism may have to a great extent disappeared, but commercial colonialism still survives and thrives, and political colonialism has to a great extent been replaced with political clientelism ... which is much the same thing, just not as obvious and therefore harder to resist. The ex-colonial powers and the current superpowers have raped and continue to rape the resources of these countries; they are prepared in many cases to support corrupt puppet governments who are perfectly happy to prolong ignorance and hunger in their countries provided they can live the life of Reilly and stash away a nice retirement fund in Zurich; and the commercial powers are happy to wring their hands in public about hunger and lack of education and so on while in many cases backing up such regimes in private by money and sometimes worse, simply because they're afraid that any replacement regime might stop the big corporations from sucking the live out of these countries and growing fat on the profits.

Ok, I'll stop there before I go on a total rant!! I knew someone would press the button ... >_>
    What's the worst thing you've witnessed happening on a night out (not necessarily personal, more like chaos)?
    Not nec. the most violent, but I think something that shocked me was seeing a bunch of lads in a country town lined up on the wall outside a nightclub, just waiting for the first few non-locals to appear out so they could taunt them and pick a fight ... which they did, quite successfully. No-one got badly injured or anything ... it was just the sheer emptiness of the lives of people who would do that, and their bloodymindedness, which shocked me.
    The world is facing the apocalypse, pick a team of five to save the world.
    scooby_doo.jpg
    What are the best and worst thing about boards in your opinion?
    The people, to both questions I guess.

The best is the friendliness, the willingness to help, the good humour ... and there's a lot of that, in fairness, it's what makes this site good.

On the other hand, you get the trolls, the spammers, the people who just like to annoy or are just out for what they can get ... or probably worst of all, when regular members get their knickers in a twist over nothing and all hell breaks loose.

1. toothpicks or floss
    Toothpicks.
    2. upside-down with the t.v. the same or just normally seated
    Normally seated.
    3. bed or that weird way you can point yourself towards the back of the coach
    Bed.
    4. how many times have you eaten a sandwich to later realize the bread was gone off
    Don't think I ever have. I've put bread in the toaster and only copped it when it was done all right.
    5. die hard 4 or two hours showering (alone)
    Showering alone.
    6. ile-seat or window
    Aisle seat.
    7. walking on the escalator or standing
    Walking on the escalator.
    8. scariest thing in the world
    Me.
    9. do you believe the conspiracy about the lair
    What conspiracy?

/looks nervously at the CCTV
    10. would you except a pigs heart in place of your own
    If it worked.

• Advertisement

Are you sure you didn't mean Johnny Deep?? :P
    Pretty sure! :p
    What comedians do you like??
    Any of them that are genuinely funny tbh (and a wee bit bawdy can help :pac:). Steven Lynch is a favourite at the moment.
    First album you ever bought??
    >.<

Genuinely no idea.
    Last album you bought??
    I think Queen's A night at the opera as a present for a friend.
    Last movie you saw??
    Twilight, coz someone had left the DVD in the house and I decided to watch it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement