Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

crazygeryy wrote: »
    lads im having a lot of trouble with this bubbleupnp.it keeps saying that it needs port 58050 but access is being denied.and so far i havent found out how to open the port for it to work.ive gone into the upc page and accessed the router but i couldnt find anything to let me open ports.
    any ideas?

It might actually be upc putting you on an ipv6 address, best bet would be to contact the reps on boards and read this http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057282895/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I'm loving dustoff helicopter rescue at the minute.

Very addictive, and can be challenging at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Patww79 wrote: »

Listen Audiobook Player is the business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

My podcasts aren't filling in the long drives enough so I'm thinking of audio books. Is Audible the way to go or is there better?

8 sterling a month for one book. 15 sterling a month for two books. I think it's a bit pricey.

Audiobook player is just a player it doesn't give you books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

My podcasts aren't filling in the long drives enough so I'm thinking of audio books. Is Audible the way to go or is there better?

You can get an audio upgrade (audible) on kindle purchases which is often quite cheap especially on the American site.
    Librivox is a good source for free public domain audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anybody able to advise me where you can view the free daily amazon app?When I click on the link, nothing shows...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Free daily app is no more. Replaced by Amazon Underground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You can get an audio upgrade (audible) on kindle purchases which is often quite cheap especially on the American site. Librivox is a good source for free public domain audio.

Saw this alright, any suggestions of how to listen on the move - kindle app or can you add the audio to a playlist on Google music or pocket casts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Saw this alright, any suggestions of how to listen on the move - kindle app or can you add the audio to a playlist on Google music or pocket casts?

I use the Audible android app. You dont need audible membership just sign in with your Amazon details and any titles you purchased will be there. I find it a good player for audiobooks with a timer ,chapters etc. Also it wont lose your place.
    Also Audible have rights restrictions so files wont play on other apps. Im sure there is a work around but I dont bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I think somebody recommended that level again a while back. Thanks; great game very original very different, challenging and great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mr E wrote: »
    Free daily app is no more. Replaced by Amazon Underground.

I've got a geographical restriction on downloading off the amazon underground app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Anyone know what app will cut out a clip of a video on your phone so you can share it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Anyone know what app will cut out a clip of a video on your phone so you can share it?

I find VidTrim does a good job.

Sonic The Hedgehog is just 10c!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is there any decent app that will let me play youtube in the background?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Don't you need a music key/subscription for that though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

xtal191 wrote: »
    Is there any decent app that will let me play youtube in the background?

Firetube

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

saw an ad block mentioned here a few months ago that worked well. i got a new phone and forget what it was that i used. any recomendations? dont want a browser or anything. just an app that i can store away and never open again

MarkY91 wrote: »
    saw an ad block mentioned here a few months ago that worked well. i got a new phone and forget what it was that i used. any recomendations? dont want a browser or anything. just an app that i can store away and never open again

If your device is root try adfree

If your device is not then Adblock Plus is a good option! Just ignore the option for the browser and download the app!

Don't know if they where the one mentioned!

I use AdAway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I use AdAway.

Me too, I also use the Dolphin browser as my main browser, it has an adblock add-on that works very well

If your device is not rooted and using AdBlock Plus does it work when on mobile internet? I know it works if you're using wifi but I couldn't figure out 3g/4g etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

If your device is not rooted and using AdBlock Plus does it work when on mobile internet? I know it works if you're using wifi but I couldn't figure out 3g/4g etc

yup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Avoid adblock plus, they've sold out and now accept money from Google and Microsoft to allow adverts

http://uk.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/09/adblock-letting-compnies-pay-to-show-their-ads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement