Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

4.4.2 , I haven't updated for a while myself it seems!

That's what I figured. A lot of the modules haven't transitioned to Lollipop 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The new rte news app is a welcome improvement.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

The new rte news app is a welcome improvement.

Is it still a complete battery hogger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is it still a complete battery hogger?

Only recently installed it after deleting it because it was so woeful so will report back in 48 hours.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭WealthyB

Hey Guys

Anyone have experience with an App that will Force Start another non-system App upon device boot up?
    Most apps on the Play Store have got mixed reviews, wondering if anyone has first-hand experience

(PS I have root access, this is for an Android 4.4 MXIII - basically I want it to start up Kodi automatically upon being turned on)

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

WealthyB wrote: »
    Hey Guys

Anyone have experience with an App that will Force Start another non-system App upon device boot up?
    Most apps on the Play Store have got mixed reviews, wondering if anyone has first-hand experience

(PS I have root access, this is for an Android 4.4 MXIII - basically I want it to start up Kodi automatically upon being turned on)

Cheers!

Tasker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hey Guys

Cheers!

Just leave it running

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Hey Guys

Cheers!

I have XBMC installed on an android box and you can set it to auto start. I'm assuming its the same for kodi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hey Guys

Cheers!

Just flash Open Elec onto it, boots straight into Kodi but loses Android and P2P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hey Guys

Cheers!
    I fully agree flash openelec the mx111 is a great box once running openelec. And it will be a whole lot better without android

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I use Irish Web Texts app to send my messages ( think this was formally cabbage) basically it connects to my web text in background and send my message as a web text, My pay as you go plan includes 7.9 GB data but no text so i just use my data to text.

Anyway im wondering is there a way to set up Push Bullet so as i can send a text through its pc interface that will use Irish Web Texts app to send the message as opposed trying to send it through normal messaging service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Why do people still use Web texts these days when you can use WhatsApp or viber.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Why do people still use Web texts these days when you can use WhatsApp or viber.

I have both I have some people i talk to with these, but not everyone has these apps unfortunately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Not everyone has whatsapp or viber to receive and reply with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Web texts, what a laugh. Thats like mitching off to see a dana concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭WealthyB

Thanks for all the responses yesterday re my Kodi query guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

my dad still uses a non-smart phone and I need to be able to text him using SMS.

He's gotten so far as to set up templated replies for himself

"yes"
    "no"
    "ok"

:D:pac:

• Advertisement

Well for me it's because my cheap ass friend in the states won't buy a smartphone!

Everyone I know has a bill plan that has enough text allowance that none of them have viber or whatsapp installed.

That includes my parents, brothers, family, friends and work colleagues. The only people I know who use free messaging apps are kids, students or poor :-)

nedd wrote: »
    Everyone I know has a bill plan that has enough text allowance that none of them have viber or whatsapp installed.

That includes my parents, brothers, family, friends and work colleagues. The only people I know who use free messaging apps are kids, students or poor :-)
    Well excuse me, I'm neither a kid, a student or.....................oh ****!
    But on a serious note good luck trying to send a 3 minute video via mms!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got a text from Vodafone yesterday to say that I still had 54,975 text messages left this month.

I'm old enough to remember when SMS was a relatively expensive luxury. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

nedd wrote: »

Deadly, as a fully employed professional I'll keep enjoying my whatsapp groups with multiple images, videos, voice clips and other attachments being seen, enjoyed and reacted to by a number of people simultaneously, but you go ahead with your SMS and bourgeois lifestyle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Casshern88 wrote: »
    I use Irish Web Texts app to send my messages ( think this was formally cabbage) basically it connects to my web text in background and send my message as a web text, My pay as you go plan includes 7.9 GB data but no text so i just use my data to text.

Anyway im wondering is there a way to set up Push Bullet so as i can send a text through its pc interface that will use Irish Web Texts app to send the message as opposed trying to send it through normal messaging service.

To reply to your question, no I don't believe it's possible.
    I've had a very quick dig into it a few months back and as far as I can tell PushBullet would have to put in support for the app in question. I never contacted them regarding this nor have I looked into it recently but I can't see PushBullet implementing support for such a small app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    To reply to your question, no I don't believe it's possible.
    I've had a very quick dig into it a few months back and as far as I can tell PushBullet would have to put in support for the app in question. I never contacted them regarding this nor have I looked into it recently but I can't see PushBullet implementing support for such a small app.

I think it's the other way around, the App dev has to build Pushbullet support in. That's why it took so long to get Whatsapp functionality into Pushbullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

And it looks like I'm wrong, the app can add support for PushBullet.
    https://docs.pushbullet.com/#messaging

EDIT: Thanks Captain Flaps for the info, you got in before me :)

Deadly, as a fully employed professional I'll keep enjoying my whatsapp groups with multiple images, videos, voice clips and other attachments being seen, enjoyed and reacted to by a number of people simultaneously, but you go ahead with your SMS and bourgeois lifestyle!

maybe the problem is I neither have enough friends to share content with, or actual content worth sharing.

Any photos or videos I want to share with family or friends I upload to google photos and share that way. Plus, I'm much to old to ever share voice clips with anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Not sure if mentioned before,

Adblock browser for android on the playstore, it's In beta mode but it's working away with no issues at all unlike the app add on that still gave me adds when it said they were being blocked.

https://plus.google.com/101655367719107703481/posts/e4mihtDoUiq

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement