Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hi
    I'm looking for a simple reminder app that will popup appointments on ththe

Sol Calendar integrates very well with google calendars and has a nice array of widgets etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im going to be on a plane for a total of 12 hours, ive downloaded a bunch of games from the top 100 on the play store. im going to look through this thread but 535 pages is too many lol. if anyone could leave any recomendations while im searching a few pages, that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

100000000 and its sequel You Must build a Boat are digital crack.

Fcuk bethesda for not releasing that new Fallout game for Android at the same time as iOs anyway, apparently its months away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Thomas was Alone
    Super Stickman Golf
    Where's my water
    Bad Piggies
    Badlands
    Retry
    Limbo
    Odd Bot Out
    Trials Frontier
    Cut The Rope

Just some highlights, some are free, some are paid. These are games I have lost hours in.

thanks alot guys. ive went back about 30 pages and read about 5 pages, got a few interesting games like desert golfing and monument valley

ive seen adblock plus mentioned so i got it too. there is now a permanent adblock plus thingy in my notifications pull down menu which is annoying me. i like that to be blank except for a text, whatsapp message im yet to read. any way to get rid?

i seen that 10000000 game mentioned here a few times, ill definetly get that aswell as the others mentioned. this journey could fly by :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    ive seen adblock plus mentioned so i got it too. there is now a permanent adblock plus thingy in my notifications pull down menu which is annoying me. i like that to be blank except for a text, whatsapp message im yet to read. any way to get rid?

Settings->Apps->Adblock->Untick notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Can't see adblock plus in play store..... Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

toby2111 wrote: »

It's not on the play store.

Google it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

toby2111 wrote: »

None of the ad blockers are in the play store, have to Google them.

Edit: As above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Got it, thanks

I think 35 games will be enough for my flight? :L

I had so many downloading and installing at the same time that my s4 mini felt as hot as lava!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is currently reduced from €9.99 to €4.43 on Google Play, if there are any RPG fans reading this who might be interested in it.
    I've had it sitting in my wishlist for a while now waiting for a price drop so I grabbed it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition

Would you play it ona 5.5" screen on a phone like the Oneplus which easily meets the minimum spec or do you need a tablet for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Keith186

MicroPinner

Very simple app. Think of it as a short term post it note for your notification tray. No permissions required.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.dotwee.micropinner

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Keith186 wrote: »
    MicroPinner

Very simple app. Think of it as a short term post it note for your notification tray. No permissions required.

Great idea. It's one of those things where, you didn't know you needed it, but will become invaluable once you have it.

Just when you think they've thought of everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Thargor wrote: »
    Would you play it ona 5.5" screen on a phone like the Oneplus which easily meets the minimum spec or do you need a tablet for it?

I think it may be do-able on the 5.5" of the OPO.

I've just tried a little bit of the game on a Nexus 7 (2013).

The only control I've found a bit tricky so far is the small icons at the bottom corners which make the toolbars containing the larger buttons for inventory, journal disappear and reappear.
    These would probably be harder again on a smaller screen, but they aren't very important.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Any golfers in the house.... "Simply Golf" that launched on iOS some time ago is now on Android ...http://techbuzzireland.com/2015/06/18/simplygolf-application-launches-in-ireland-golf-apps-shanelowry-by-jimboireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Keith186 wrote: »
    MicroPinner

How do you get rid of the notification: "New Pin - click to pin something new"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

How do you get rid of the notification: "New Pin - click to pin something new"?

I rebooted, hasn't been there since

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I rebooted, hasn't been there since

also if you click the toggle on the top right of the pin create screen, it shows persistent pin and Show New pin notification. Toggle the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭corkie

Amazon free app of the day - Monument Valley!

Just in time for a free chapter available from the 25th Ida's Dream

Fans of XON series will also find Episode Three in the playstore since 21st MAY

I was too busy playing "The Talos Principle" over the last few weeks that I missed the release of XON Episode Three

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Thats a quality app to get for free!

My gf loves those puzzle games, she's beaten Monument Valley, The Room 1 & 2 and the walking dead.

Anyone have any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Amazon have a few free apps of the day today. till 1st july
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=nav_sap_mas_15_06_25_JUNE1_Bundle?ie=UTF8&node=5313894031
    AirReceiver
    Avg
    Weather Live
    Mirroring360
    Simply Yoga
    The Bards Tale
    Table Top Racing
    Mystery Case Files
    Tiny Cam
    Quell Memento
    Exiles
    Alarm Clock Pro
    Deep Under The Sky
    Knock Knock
    Endless Skater
    Mace
    Monkey Racing
    Fantastic 4 in a row 2
    TrouserHeart
    Crazy Rocket
    No Gravity

mods that link is not with a referral code. just what I was able to copy over. please edit if need be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

steve_r wrote: »
    My gf loves those puzzle games, she's beaten Monument Valley, The Room 1 & 2 and the walking dead.

Anyone have any recommendations?
    Don't cheat on her. You wouldn't have a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

daytob wrote: »
    Amazon have a few free apps of the day today. till 1st july
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=nav_sap_mas_15_06_25_JUNE1_Bundle?ie=UTF8&node=5313894031
    AirReceiver
    Avg
    Weather Live
    Mirroring360
    Simply Yoga
    The Bards Tale
    Table Top Racing
    Mystery Case Files
    Tiny Cam
    Quell Memento
    Exiles
    Alarm Clock Pro
    Deep Under The Sky
    Knock Knock
    Endless Skater
    Mace
    Monkey Racing
    Fantastic 4 in a row 2
    TrouserHeart
    Crazy Rocket
    No Gravity

mods that link is not with a referral code. just what I was able to copy over. please edit if need be.

Table Top Racing is a quality way to kill a few hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

was the only one I grabbed this time, think I've probably got 10-15 over all of the freebies they've given away though, great offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

hots wrote: »
    was the only one I grabbed this time, think I've probably got 10-15 over all of the freebies they've given away though, great offers.

You might regret it you are like me and need to finish a game 100%. Some of the final special events are nigh on impossible!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement