Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

His post was deleted anyway I think, it is a good looking app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

nedd wrote: »

images look beautiful but I don't want in-app purchases or ads for something I can do through google maps for free

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Hi,

Yes my post got deleted and I got banned from this forum for a day :(. Seemingly I was spamming you guys? All I was trying to to was get some feedback from some Android users. Thanks @nedd for reposting the link to my app. I'm glad you guys like it...It means a lot. I spent a good few months of my free time developing it. Thats why there's a few adverts on it and the ability to remove these ads using an in-app-purchase. Funnily enough a lot of the app was developed while doing my daily commute with Irish Rail

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Another +1 for here, used it for two weeks in Florida and found it to be very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Anyone reccomend an ad block app, i installed ad block plus and im still getting ads on apps and browser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭jgbyr

spider_pig wrote: »
    Anyone reccomend an ad block app, i installed ad block plus and im still getting ads on apps and browser

I'm trying a trial version of adguard at the moment & find it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

jgbyr wrote: »
    I'm trying a trial version of adguard at the moment & find it good.

Im Still getting ads for some reason noting i try seems to work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I use AdAway and it's working well in Chrome. At one stage it wasn't and it turns out the data saver setting was interfering. Is it chrome your using and have you checked this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

spider_pig wrote: »

I have adblock plus as well and just now had to update the app because it wasn't loading the filter-lists

To get it to work on mobile data as well you need to setup a new APN!

Tested on firefox beta and the adblocking works but some apps have way of bypassing this and will still display ads!

The above is handy for non rooted phones.

For rooted devices I use 'Adfree'!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is there anyway to make All4 , channel 4's streaming app, work on a rooted phone?
    Considering it's not piracy or anything I can't see why it should not work in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's always worked for me.

Download and install Xposed and have a look at the modules, iirc there's one called HideRoot or something. It has been a long while since I've used Xposed so apologies if it doesn't.

Download and install Xposed and have a look at the modules, iirc there's one called HideRoot or something. It has been a long while since I've used Xposed so apologies if it doesn't.

Thank you. It always worked for me too but has stopped since the mandatory update and gives a message about the phone being rooted, does it still work for you?

Thank you. It always worked for me too but has stopped since the mandatory update and gives a message about the phone being rooted, does it still work for you?

No actually, I haven't used it in a long time so I hadn't noticed.

Xposed doesn't work on my device so I can't test for you :(

No actually, I haven't used it in a long time so I hadn't noticed.

Xposed doesn't work on my device so I can't test for you :(

Thank you anyway for the reply. I'll install it and have a look :)
    Anyone got any tried and tested solutions please share too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Thank you anyway for the reply. I'll install it and have a look :)
    Anyone got any tried and tested solutions please share too :)

No. I've tried a few things and did some research on the net and (unless there's been an update in the past 2 weeks) as far as I could see, nobody could get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    No. I've tried a few things and did some research on the net and (unless there's been an update in the past 2 weeks) as far as I could see, nobody could get it to work.

Same here, mine was working a few weeks back, getting the root thing now.

Rootcloak from Xposed worked, All4 now working fine on my rooted phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

Just tested with the app 'Hide My Root' although it took a few attempts it eventually work for me on my Nexus 7(2012).

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Now does anyone know of any app, module etc that will allow you to watch All4 on tv via hdmi or chromecast?
    They've also blocked capabilities to watch on a second display!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Have a Win8.1 laptop hooked up to the TV using it Netflix and media and movies and stuff. Anybody know if there is an app that I can control the laptop from my android phone? Basically want to scroll through Netflix or select a media file while being a lazy git and not getting off the sofa :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

James74 wrote: »
    Have a Win8.1 laptop hooked up to the TV using it Netflix and media and movies and stuff. Anybody know if there is an app that I can control the laptop from my android phone? Basically want to scroll through Netflix or select a media file while being a lazy git and not getting off the sofa :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Relmtech.Remote&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Much appreciated. Exactly what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Now does anyone know of any app, module etc that will allow you to watch All4 on tv via hdmi or chromecast?
    They've also blocked capabilities to watch on a second display!

4otv via xposed

Ste- wrote: »
    4otv via xposed

Thanks Ste, I can confirm this works for the hdmi out for All4. I thought it wouldn't given the app hasn't been updated since 2014 but happily I was proved wrong.
    So calm has been restored and my Grand Designs addiction is safe. Thanks for the responses everyone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Does SKY GO work with hide root on a rooted phone?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Does SKY GO work with hide root on a rooted phone?

Haven't a clue, I've never had to use hide root, I just knew of it. Now I can't use it :( You might as well give it a hack

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Has anyone tried the Netease Music app? Looks like a new Groove shark (the web version is well stocked but Chinese only). I choked at the barmy app permissions it was demanding though.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Rootcloak from Xposed worked, All4 now working fine on my rooted phone.

What version of Android are you on?

• Advertisement

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    What version of Android are you on?

4.4.2 , I haven't updated for a while myself it seems!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement