Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

That's a budget phone, the mini has no parts in common with the S4, just uses its good name. Has v weak dual core processor and barely enough ram

Ah. I did not know that. So, would an S5 mini or S6 be the same? I ask because I like the Samsung phones and don't want to go with an iPhone. I'm due an upgrade so maybe I should look into getting a better one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

BandMember wrote: »
    Ah. I did not know that. So, would an S5 mini or S6 be the same? I ask because I like the Samsung phones and don't want to go with an iPhone. I'm due an upgrade so maybe I should look into getting a better one?

Yes, exactly the sane, the Samsung minis are not great value. Check out the Sony z3 compact which is high end but smaller screen, has quad core CPU and 2GB ram

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sony make the best Minis in the Western Market. HTCs are okay too. If you're getting H then you should be able to use TuneIn fine on that. There should be a letter if you're connected though?

Had a Sony before and didn't like it at all to be honest. Would the normal S6 be ok?

By the way, sorry for hijacking/diverting the thread with my stupid questions! :(

Sony make the best Minis in the Western Market. HTCs are okay too. If you're getting H then you should be able to use TuneIn fine on that. There should be a letter if you're connected though?

Thanks for your reply. I may only rarely get an H though - I mean, even right in the middle of Dublin, I can't get anything but buffering!

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply. I may only rarely get an H though - I mean, even right in the middle of Dublin, I can't get anything but buffering!

I can get it fairly handy in the are end of Leitrim now, and we're not technologically advanced down these parts :pac: I'd have a talk with 02 about that, doesn't sound right at all.

Yeah, I think I'll give them a shout tomorrow - sounds like it's my phone rather than the app.

Thanks again for all your help guys, much appreciated! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

While I'm in the thread, are there any decent YouTube apps that still work with their new protocol?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Having said that I find tune in cuts out every now and again even on wifi. It's not as good as it once was!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Having said that I find tune in cuts out every now and again even on wifi. It's not as good as it once was!

Would you have a back up suggestion? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Would you have a back up suggestion? :D

I'd still use tunein but radio fm looks decent!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

While you're on the tune in radio topic guys, if anyone uses tune in to purely listen to Irish Radio stations then I'd recommend getting the Irish Radio Player App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.radioplayer.android it is one of the best designed and user friendly apps that I've used.
    Also it supports wearables and the battery consumption compared to tunein is minimal.
    On my 45 minute walk to work tunein would use 16% battery and buffer in the same two places every morning, now with the Irish Radio app it only uses 3% battery and no buffering.

Thanks. Tried it but none of stations I tried worked - kept saying "Station is unavailable at the moment". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm trying Fleksy for a while to see how I get on. Like you said, swipe keyboard would seal it for me too.

Deleted fleksy. Swyping is just so much quicker so I've gone back to swiftkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MrBinbetweener

can anyone recommend a good mp3 music download app for androids?...also my screen is cracked on the corner of my samsung s4.. any decent places in town can fix it? If so whats the estimated cost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

can anyone recommend a good mp3 music download app for androids?...also my screen is cracked on the corner of my samsung s4.. any decent places in town can fix it? If so whats the estimated cost

Which town?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dubby1978

NeuroNation is an excellent free brain training app. Lots of different mini exercises, and really well-designed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Microsoft's cool new Hyperlapse technology has its beta app out now to try
    To get it:

1. Join this community here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107281233348849000203

2. Become tester by visiting following link – http://aka.ms/previewhyperlapse

3. Wait for 10 minutes to 2 hours as the Google Play Store takes time to replicate permissions, then click above link and follow the download link to install apps directly from the Google Play Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

My device isn't compatible... I have a Samsung Galaxy s4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I've been enjoying Twenty recently, it's similar to 2048.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.frenchguys.twenty

3y8aACBtj7b1tIIVmQeGUbDk7eSxyG0uCl0Ih2I3SgoJh4N0Y1x7TiL1soa8FOGGOWEd=h900

For the bonus point, you can use a JavaScript bot to play the web version for you :)
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9543005

• Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tinie wrote: »
    Microsoft's cool new Hyperlapse technology has its beta app out now to try
    To get it:

1. Join this community here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107281233348849000203

2. Become tester by visiting following link – http://aka.ms/previewhyperlapse

3. Wait for 10 minutes to 2 hours as the Google Play Store takes time to replicate permissions, then click above link and follow the download link to install apps directly from the Google Play Store.

Won't allow me to download. Says device is not compatible. Currently on a One Plus One

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been enjoying Twenty recently, it's similar to 2048.

That's brilliant. I was thinking "what's the catch? This seems really easy."
    Then the joined tiles started to appear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Won't allow me to download. Says device is not compatible. Currently on a One Plus One

From the Play Store entry

This beta is limited to the following devices, running Android 4.4 or later:
    - Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, S6 Edge, Note 4
    - Google Nexus 5 & 6
    - HTC One M8 and M9
    - Sony Xperia Z3
    - Google Nexus 9 tablet

Ah well, no lapsing for me and my Moto G.
    Currently hooked on Puzzle Forge II and Marvel Future Fight (An auto-grinding arcade RPG brawler with Spidermen and Dr Octopi!)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DryCleanOnly

I sideloaded the APK and it works great on my Oneplus

• Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could you post a link to the APK ? Can't seem to find it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DryCleanOnly

Could you post a link to the APK ? Can't seem to find it :(
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxXhVlAsoxQ3ZWpQLThfVV9ROXM/view

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

The Oneplus one already has timelapse in it's camera

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Downloaded immediately for me earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭NTC

Same here 😞

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement