Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Does Flesky do swiping? I'm another die hard Swype user, but do have my issues with it. I keep trying other keyboards but always end up back with Swype for the Swype key+c and v gestures

Key features... Please explain

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

you press the squiggly button thing in the bottom left as a sort of "function" or "control" key and that provides combinations for stuff like copy and paste, symbols, arrows, text selection boxes, etc.

squiggly plus c = copy.
    squggly plus x = cut
    squiggly plus v = paste.

It's invaluable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Key features... Please explain

Swipe from Swype key to c copies, swipe from Swype key to v pastes, swipe from the Swype key to x cuts just like the ctrl+c, ctrl+v and ctrl+x on a pc. It's an awesome feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Swipe from Swype key to c copies, swipe from Swype key to v pastes, swipe from the Swype key to x cuts just like the ctrl+c, ctrl+v and ctrl+x on a pc. It's an awesome feature.

Damn misread your post. I use SwiftKey

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    That does sound so handy.

It's more than handy, it's a show stopper, it's what keeps bringing me back to Swype even though lots of keyboards have now added decent swiping action. Swype is good, but it's prediction and error correction features are not that great. If Swiftkey added these features they'd deffo win me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I don't like swiping on my tablet and have been using Fleksy on that for a long time. When I got my oneplus I moved from swipe to Fleksy on it also. I loved swiping but found it difficult to reach the far end of the screen.

I never got SwiftKey the few times I tried it, just didn't work as well for me as swype did. Fleksy is excelent to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Ok, tried Flesky, looks good but I don't like it, I don't like tapping at all now I've been swiping a few years, find it awkward. My never-ending quest for the perfect keyboard goes on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ok, tried Flesky, looks good but I don't like it, I don't like tapping at all now I've been swiping a few years, find it awkward. My never-ending quest for the perfect keyboard goes on.....

Fleksy as a swipe keyboard would seal the deal for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

SuprSi wrote: »
    Dolphin browser is really jumpy for me. I switched from Chrome as I found it jumpy, slow and laggy but I'm having exactly the same experience with Dolphin, even with the jet pack installed.

Anyone else experienced this? What's another good browser to try?

I had problems with Dolphin after the 5.1 update on my Nexus 5. I switched to Boat browser & I like it.

toby2111 wrote: »
    I use Textra instead of the stock messaging on my z3. Got a text saying that I can still use the app(with ads) or upgrade to pro (which I presume I'll have to pay for). Gonna switch messaging apps so what do people recommend? Textra was quite good but don't think I'm gonna pay to use it now.

It's only €1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

jozi wrote: »
    Fleksy as a swipe keyboard would seal the deal for me

I'm trying Fleksy for a while to see how I get on. Like you said, swipe keyboard would seal it for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Discodog wrote: »
    It's only €1 :)

Sometimes I do find it funny the way some people will switch app's because one they really like now costs €1. To put it into context you may have that app for a couple of years and it's cheaper than a bar of chocolate which will last 5-10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I didn't like Fleksy at all. Tried it for a week, and just couldn't take to it at all. The predictive replacements really did my head in. Maybe i'm just too conditioned to using Swiftkey!

Sometimes I do find it funny the way some people will switch app's because one they really like now costs €1. To put it into context you may have that app for a couple of years and it's cheaper than a bar of chocolate which will last 5-10 mins.

I agree especially with an app that performs well & is frequently improved.

Balls.

Really wanted rtype 2 at the discount!

Discounted again....19cents!
    Mr E wrote: »

All these on sale again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭BandMember

Can someone recommend me a good app to listen to BBC Radio on my Samsung phone, please? Tune In Radio only seems to work via wifi and a lot of them seem to be the same.

Any ideas? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

BandMember wrote: »
    Can someone recommend me a good app to listen to BBC Radio on my Samsung phone, please? Tune In Radio only seems to work via wifi and a lot of them seem to be the same.

Any ideas? :)

I use Tunein on my Note 4 on my data.

I use Tunein on my Note 4 on my data.

Really? All I seem to get is constant buffering on my Samsung if I use it on my data.... :confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Probably your mobile connection. Do you have 3G/4G selected in the settings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Definitely not a TuneIn issue, I use TuneIn for BBC and Talksport in my car up and down the M50 almost every day - on Data 4G with Vodafone and 3.

I don't have 4G - I'm on the old 02 coverage. How would I set up my phone to use this add on best so? Sorry, total technological idiot here! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Might depend on your area, if it is constantly buffering it would seem like TuneIn is set up to use data alright.

where are you?

Dublin, but no matter where I go it's still the same....

Dublin, but no matter where I go it's still the same....

Budget phone?

I wish! It's a Samsung S4 Mini bought in an 02 store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A budget phone at a near flagship price! Are you on a 4G plan? You should be able to manage with 3G or HSPDA though. You're with O2 I take it? What letter is shown above your Signal Bar when you're on data?

That's a budget phone, the mini has no parts in common with the S4, just uses its good name. Has v weak dual core processor and barely enough ram

• Advertisement

A budget phone at a near flagship price! Are you on a 4G plan? You should be able to manage with 3G or HSPDA though. You're with O2 I take it? What letter is shown above your Signal Bar when you're on data?

No, not on a 4G plan. I don't think anyone on the 02 network has 4G. Yet. Actually, I don't think I've ever got 3G or HSPDA either - There's generally nothing beside the arrows when I use data, not that I've noticed anyway... Maybe occasionally there might be a H?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement