Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

jozi wrote: »
    Rooting on my phone means wiping it if it's locked.

I've been using the Google text messaging app recently, it's pretty much no frills and very simple but it works

Any chance of a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys I'm looking to to a factory restore of my phone but I'm just wondering if there is a backup app for non root ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys I'm looking to to a factory restore of my phone but I'm just wondering if there is a backup app for non root ?

You can try Helium to backup to pc. It backed up for be before but failed to restore any of these backups so be careful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can try Helium to backup to pc. It backed up for be before but failed to restore any of these backups so be careful

Ok thanks for that. Might as well give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

This is probably a long shot but does anyone know of an app that'll block gmail notifications for a specific account outside of set hours? I'm happy for them to keep syncing in the background but basically I just dont want to see/hear any notifications from a specific account outside of typical business hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Timeriffic should do the job. Not sure if you can limit it to certain apps or if it's all notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks but that seems to be a blanket for all notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

toby2111 wrote:
    I use Textra instead of the stock messaging on my z3. Got a text saying that I can still use the app(with ads) or upgrade to pro (which I presume I'll have to pay for). Gonna switch messaging apps so what do people recommend? Textra was quite good but don't think I'm gonna pay to use it now.

Use Chomp SMS it's from the same company and in my opinion a much better app anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

whats a good app for handling SMS, Facebook messenger, whatsapp and viber all together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

whats a good app for handling SMS, Facebook messenger, whatsapp and viber all together?

Youre only gonna get 2 or 3 different protocols together at best. All very different and whatsapp & viber lock out 3rd party fo the most part. That Disa app isnt great either

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Whatsapp wont last much longer on it id say. Theyre after shutting down about 3/4 3rd party apps in the last couple months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Dolphin browser is really jumpy for me. I switched from Chrome as I found it jumpy, slow and laggy but I'm having exactly the same experience with Dolphin, even with the jet pack installed.

Anyone else experienced this? What's another good browser to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

SuprSi wrote: »
    Dolphin browser is really jumpy for me. I switched from Chrome as I found it jumpy, slow and laggy but I'm having exactly the same experience with Dolphin, even with the jet pack installed.

Anyone else experienced this? What's another good browser to try?

I find Firefox rock solid. I like Opera too.

Thanks, I'll give them a try instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

what do you mean handling?

this may not be related but i use a tool called DRUPE.
    contacts on the lest, apps on the right.
    just drag a contact onto whichever app you want.

i dont use whatsapp or whatever it is, i am probably too old for that, but i got SMS, Call, Viber, Facebook Messenger, email. there were some other apps but i removed them.

its a handy tool for a clown like me as i dont have to go look through all my folders for the apps. OCD friendly :D

Patww79 wrote: »

I find it mainly when I open a link from Facebook, so yeah there are loads of ads there too, but I just initially assumed it was a Chrome thing. I've Adblock installed in Dolphin but it doesn't work.

Hah that's exactly it! I'm looking forward to that release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Really wish Swiftkey would pull from Whatsapp. It's probably the one messaging app I use most often.

Also finding the texting predictions getting worse and worse. It never seems to learn anything about my texting style and grammar and is constantly recommending words I would never use. Thinking of jumping back to Swype but I'm just so used to the layout of Swifkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Really wish Swiftkey would pull from Whatsapp. It's probably the one messaging app I use most often.

Also finding the texting predictions getting worse and worse. It never seems to learn anything about my texting style and grammar and is constantly recommending words I would never use. Thinking of jumping back to Swype but I'm just so used to the layout of Swifkey.

On the recommendation of The Verge
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/30/8516737/best-android-keyboard-swiftkey-swype-google-comparison
    I tried out Google Keyboard from Swiftkey, lasted a day and had to switch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

I have been using Fleksy as my keyboard of choice lately and I have to say it is quiet good.

I use auto correct a lot but not predictive typing so found SwiftKey not to my taste. Before Fleksy I was a die hard Swypist.

I tried out Clarity for a day or two but the lack of double tap space for full stop annoyed me. The auto correct on it is very clever though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

nedd wrote: »
    I have been using Fleksy as my keyboard of choice lately and I have to say it is quiet good.

I use auto correct a lot but not predictive typing so found SwiftKey not to my taste. Before Fleksy I was a die hard Swypist.

I tried out Clarity for a day or two but the lack of double tap space for full stop annoyed me. The auto correct on it is very clever though.

Does Flesky do swiping? I'm another die hard Swype user, but do have my issues with it. I keep trying other keyboards but always end up back with Swype for the Swype key+c and v gestures

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement