Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

KAGY wrote: »
    Fairly sure you can change the text to speech engine to whatever you want. I'm using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivona.tts.voicebeta.eng.gbr.amy I'm using it with tasker to read out my text messages when I've headphones plugged in.
    You can get a Welsh accent too.
    Big download though

Edit - this should have be a reply to buddy's question

I loves myself a good Welsh accent!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Film streaming app who's name cannot be spoken is playing up, it's ipad cousin is also having issues. Went completely blank but things slowly returning to how they used to look, but won't play a film. Latest update looked for Gps too, which is new but unrelated I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Film streaming app who's name cannot be spoken is playing up, it's ipad cousin is also having issues. Went completely blank but things slowly returning to how they used to look, but won't play a film. Latest update looked for Gps too, which is new but unrelated I would have thought.

is it showbox? you can name it

about a month ago, it would just keep loading if you tried to select an episode of a tv show, some films wouldn't work either

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone know if there's an Android UPnP/DLNA server type app that supports rendering a video stream locally, while sending the audio stream to a separate DLNA client? Would be nice to watch a video on my Android tablet, while having the sound routed to a network enabled stereo (though I'd imagine synching might be a problem).
    Just to answer my own question, the solution was the Audio Cast feature of BubbleUPnP. To set it up:
    • Install BubbleUPnP.
    • If you haven't already, root your device (e.g. Kingo).
    • Install the Exposed framework installer
    • Install the Exposed framework and reboot
    • In the Exposed framework, go to the modules tab, and add BubbleUPnP

To stream audio to an external UPnP/DLNA device (including the audio stream from a video):
    • Launch your favourite audio/video app (including spotify, etc.)
    • In BubbleUPnP, on the [Devices] tab, under libraries, select [Local Media Server].
    • In BubbleUPnP, on the [Devices] tab, under devices select your preferred renderer (e.g. XBox, PS3, TV, network enabled stereo etc).
    • On the [Library] tab, select the [Audio Cast] folder and select the Audio cast file.
    Sound/audio stream will play on your preferred device. It's very difficult to synch video (on the Android device) and audio (on the streamed-to device), but might be useful for someone, for something like Spotify.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    is it ? you can name it

about a month ago, it would just keep loading if you tried to select an episode of a tv show, some films wouldn't work either

Numerous threads on the app have been closed and bans threatened, I'd edit if I were you. Just saying! Anyway, it's still not working but looks more promising than an hour ago. Went from completely blank when you clicked on film, to this video not available under every title when you clicked, it now looks like it always did when you click, can select quality of stream, but just stuck loading, never actually loading the film.

• Advertisement

Numerous threads on the app have been closed and bans threatened, I'd edit if I were you. Just saying! Anyway, it's still not working but looks more promising than an hour ago. Went from completely blank when you clicked on film, to this video not available under every title when you clicked, it now looks like it always did when you click, can select quality of stream, but just stuck loading, never actually loading the film.

i though you could name it at least, when you're not saying how to use it or that. just like the pirate bay, drink driving, shooting someone, etc.

just checked it's the same for me now, should work again soon.

a story here might pass the time for you until it comes back
    http://torrentfreak.com/page/2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Lads that app that can't be named is working grand for me. Just checked and it definitely is loading up the latest episode of Vikings (last night's show/series 2)

Still haven't seen robocop (new one) nor Noah yet though. :mad:

Lads that app that can't be named is working grand for me. Just checked and it definitely is loading up the latest episode of Vikings (last night's show/series 2)

Still haven't seen robocop (new one) nor Noah yet though. :mad:

Yay! Working here again on the couple of things I checked too. Back to the honey Badgers on BBC 2 for me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Theappweshallnotspeakoff is all good here now as well....

Mobdro is another great app put up by some one earlier...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

KAGY wrote: »
    Fairly sure you can change the text to speech engine to whatever you want. I'm using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivona.tts.voicebeta.eng.gbr.amy I'm using it with tasker to read out my text messages when I've headphones plugged in.
    You can get a Welsh accent too.
    Big download though

Edit - this should have be a reply to buddy's question

Didn't know you could do that, it's much better.
    Also stumbled across this. Not free, but for €1.42, I reckon it's worth it. http://goo.gl/gjIfet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

dahat wrote: »
    Looks good! Any way of getting rid of the annoying permanent ad/banner thing at the bottom of the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

toby2111 wrote: »
    Looks good! Any way of getting rid of the annoying permanent ad/banner thing at the bottom of the page?

i just paid the premium,sure there must be another way to do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Wifi overview pro on Amazon today, anybody have this that could enlighten me on its uses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Wifi overview pro on Amazon today, anybody have this that could enlighten me on its uses?

You use it as Wi-Fi manager and also as an analyser to see what channels are in use nearby. Setting Wi-Fi to a clean channel is important for best Wi-Fi performance with no interference

dahat wrote: »
    Theappweshallnotspeakoff is all good here now as well....

How is this app still in the playstore, it must be completely illegal!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone pm the name of the app ? Pretty interested after reading about it

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

emmetkenny wrote: »

Seconded, purely for curiosity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Why did it take me so long to install the xposed module for greenify? It makes it so much better

An essential app.

Tinie wrote: »
    Why did it take me so long to install the xposed module for greenify? It makes it so much better

An essential app.

What does it do ?

For anyone who may have uninstalled the app like myself the tv24 guide is finally back to its old self.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

What does it do ?

It makes it twice as fast at hibernating apps, you can keep notifications after the app has been hibernated, Block app state abuse and it tells you which apps have woken certain apps and you can break the link between them. Does a few more things also.

Tinie wrote: »
    What does it do ?

It makes it twice as fast at hibernating apps, you can keep notifications after the app has been hibernated, Block app state abuse and it tells you which apps have woken certain apps and you can break the link between them. Does a few more things also.

Cool downloaded it so will give it a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

For anyone who may have uninstalled the app like myself the tv24 guide is finally back to its old self.

No upc still. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

emmetkenny wrote: »

Would appreciate a pm with the name too please.

read the thread ffs, the two of them are named

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

read the thread ffs, the two of them are named

There's a ton of apps named in this thread. But hey, thanks for the input, really appreciated!

Pique wrote: »
    There's a ton of apps named in this thread. But hey, thanks for the input, really appreciated!

that wasn't directed at you directly

yes there is tons of apps named however the ones you & others are asking for have been named in the posts directly above theirs

i'll give you a clue, i name one of the apps & the other is named in the quoted post "How is this app still in the playstore, ..."
    & another, read from the 18th on

how people are missing them and asking is incredible tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

that wasn't directed at you directly

yes there is tons of apps named however the ones you & others are asking for have been named in the posts directly above theirs

i'll give you a clue, i name one of the apps & the other is named in the quoted post "How is this app still in the playstore, ..."
    & another, read from the 18th on

how people are missing them and asking is incredible tbh

Thanks a mill just downloaded the second one, two super apps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

Can somone PM me the name of the app please??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

enough asking for dodgy apps please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement