Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

This one I guess since it has over one million reviews!!!
    :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What's the best adblocker? I installed mobdro (great streaming app) but the ads for netflix etc. are a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

zerks wrote: »
    What's the best adblocker? I installed mobdro (great streaming app) but the ads for netflix etc. are a pain.

I use Adfree, but have noticed one of my streaming apps has "unfortunately stopped working" and the only way to get it working again is to revert to host files on Adfree.

I'm messing about with MinMinGuard on Wanam Xposed, you can block ads on individual apps, but I cant see how to block ads on chrome or any browser, might just not have found it yet.

Edit: Just had a look at the app you installed for streaming, great app, but can't see it staying on the Play Store for very long, or how Google even allowed it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Adfree for me aswell, dont even see ads on my phone since I put it on a year ago tbh apart from the odd one, only talking to other people do I remember what an annoyance they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mobdro,you sir made my day...looks brilliant. Premium gets no ads I assume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I use Adfree, but have noticed one of my apps (whose name cannot be mentioned) has "unfortunately stopped working" and the only way to get it working again is to revert to host files on Adfree.

I'm having a force close issue with an app that i use to 'show' stuff!
    Would you happen to have a similar app? :pac:

I'm using AdAway, but it might be the same issue!

marcbrophy wrote: »

Bit of faff, but cant you just revert to host files on your ad blocker, watch your app, then download latest again, they only take a few seconds. There is another good one, not as user friendly or pretty as what we are discussing but won't mention it here because I did post about it just the other day though in a thread that got locked, and I don't want a ban if I'm not allowed to mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

I updated adfree host's file(on nexus 7) because I started to see ad's in that particular app!
    Now I'm getting forced closures of the app as well.

Don't have adfree on my phone (not rooted) so will be using that from now on to download stuff.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Bit of faff, but cant you just revert to host files on your ad blocker, watch your app, then download latest again, they only take a few seconds. There is another good one, not as user friendly or pretty as what we are discussing but won't mention it here because I did post about it just the other day though in a thread that got locked, and I don't want a ban if I'm not allowed to mention it.

Yep, I've tried it there and it worked on the phone.
    Just wasn't aware that ad blockers were the problem, so thanks for that :)
    corkie wrote: »
    I updated adfree host's file(on nexus 7) because I started to see ad's in that particular app!
    Now I'm getting forced closures of the app as well.

Don't have adfree on my phone (not rooted) so will be using that from now on to download stuff.

It worked on my phone as above, but weirdly enough, I have the same force closures on the tablet, but no ad blocker installed! (it is rooted though)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

It worked on my phone as above, but weirdly enough, I have the same force closures on the tablet, but no ad blocker installed! (it is rooted though)

I turned off ad blocking in my nexus 7 (rooted) and I could use the app again.
    So it's definitely blocking ads that is causing the problem.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    I turned off ad blocking in my nexus 7 (rooted) and I could use the app again.
    So it's definitely blocking ads that is causing the problem.

It sure is! Was definitely the case with my N5.
    I think with my N7, I must have altered the hosts.txt file in some way, then removed the ad blocker.

Damn it to hell anyway, I hate ads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I like this app.

Anyway for me to stream it to smart tv/Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lyne is Amazon's free app of the day, and it's the best free app for weeks....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HA8WNZ0/ref=nav_sap_mas_14_04_12

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

dahat wrote: »
    Mobdro,you sir made my day...looks brilliant. Premium gets no ads I assume?

Zerks this is awesome.thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Mr E wrote: »
    Lyne is Amazon's free app of the day, and it's the best free app for weeks....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HA8WNZ0/ref=nav_sap_mas_14_04_12
    I am stuck on B7 . Not too smart at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Any ideas lads. Reinstalled and restarted S4 :(

Soby wrote: »

Sorry I'm no help but missus gets exact same screen on her Moto G, whilst it's perfect on my s4, both on same Wifi. She had that screen from first installation, never got past that so uninstalled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Ticket master is useless for mobile. From day 1 that app was a load of garbage. .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Was same with my HTC One, but after leaving it over night it works perfect this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Ticket master is useless for mobile. From day 1 that app was a load of garbage. .

Never had an issue with it, couldn't get tickets on the laptop a few times and ended up getting them on the app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭droidman123

The walking dead season one looks like a great game on the play store,but when I try to play the preview video it just comes up blank with the message "Sorry this game is age restricted" this never happened to me before.I have Google wallet set up so they obviously know I,m over 18. Any ideas?

Lol not ticket master it's that online tv app

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Was same with my HTC One, but after leaving it over night it works perfect this morning.

Sure enough it's fine this morning haha

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

IFont from the play store, changes default font to whatever you choose. Loads of choices and 3 downloads a day free which is loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New Humble Android Bundle... some crackers in this one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89951243#post89951243

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Boson_XPlay.gif

Boson X Ian MacLarty

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.muandheyo.bosonx

---

Priced at €0.67 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Mr E wrote: »
    New Humble Android Bundle... some crackers in this one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89951243#post89951243
    The Room 2? Dont mind if I do :D

Amazon free apps are complete garbage lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone know an app for changing the voice in Google maps?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Anyone know an app for changing the voice in Google maps?

is there also a way to stop her saying the feckin Irish names for the roads and exits from motorways?

Annoying coming off the M50 when she lists off a string of places, pronounced badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

is there also a way to stop her saying the feckin Irish names for the roads and exits from motorways?

Annoying coming off the M50 when she lists off a string of places, pronounced badly.

Fairly sure you can change the text to speech engine to whatever you want. I'm using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivona.tts.voicebeta.eng.gbr.amy I'm using it with tasker to read out my text messages when I've headphones plugged in.
    You can get a Welsh accent too.
    Big download though

Edit - this should have be a reply to buddy's question

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement