Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Idleater wrote: »
    Fixed dialing numbers in settings?

ok i'll check that thanks
    is there much to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭G1032

Saw the game 'The Room' recommended by a few on here. Great game but can anyone now recommend an alternative while we wait for The Room 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

is there an app to block outgoing calls to chosen numbers?

Not sure if you mean block making the call or block your number been seen for certain numbers.

If you want to block your number for calls (they see private number)this app lets you put a widget on your screen. You tap it to go private on only the next number you call or tap it twice to go private on all the the following calls. Hit it again and your number will be shown.
    htmSvPJx2IkSAW-X1gNQElm5NW_zVGQiTH8Il-pck3upxhxOhxxlZmlZfoc12s6NGkc=w300-rw

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

G1032 wrote: »
    Saw the game 'The Room' recommended by a few on here. Great game but can anyone now recommend an alternative while we wait for The Room 2?
    The only one I've tried since I've finished the room is Can You Escape. Not the same but the nearest I could find.
    Haven't looked in a while to see if there is anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Idleater wrote: »
    Fixed dialing numbers in settings?

Is there an app to stop certain numbers ringing you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭G1032

closeline wrote: »
    Is there an app to stop certain numbers ringing you

Ya. Try this one. Black List

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vladlee.easyblacklist

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

G1032 wrote: »
    Theres 100 Doors and all its various sequels and add ons, some of the puzzles are totally ridiculous though.

Broken Sword and its sequel come up on sale often, very good puzzlers, and you're often trapped in a room with a few clues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Google Play Magazines appeared on my Galaxy Note 2 overnight. When you try to access the store though, a pop up says that this service is not available in your country. Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Google Play Magazines appeared on my Galaxy Note 2 overnight. When you try to access the store though, a pop up says that this service is not available in your country. Hmmmm

You go through a proxy or anything lately ?
    Ordering a nexus product ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I have it too, but it's working fine for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ste- wrote: »
    You go through a proxy or anything lately ?
    Ordering a nexus product ?

Nope! Nothing at all - it just appeared!

Nope! Nothing at all - it just appeared!

Maybe (hopefully) we're in line to get them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

Google did combine the magazines and currents app into google newsstand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can anybody recommend a good ad blocker? Lots of my apps, namely words with friends and podcast addicts have annoying ads

I use AdAway but your phone has to be rooted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Highly recommend Ridiculous Fishing, great, silly, time waster, only down sides are cost €2.25 from market and eats battery for fun when playing it. Its part of humble mobile bundle at the moment though if you want it. $5.20 to unlock it with the other games. No in app purchases which is big positive for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vlambeer.RidiculousFishing

https://www.humblebundle.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Definitely grab that Humble Bundle, Kingdom Rush is one of the best tower defence games ever, worth it for that alone.

Raoul wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a good ad blocker? Lots of my apps, namely words with friends and podcast addicts have annoying ads

Again you need root but I use adfree android

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Doctor Who: Legacy - New free game available from Wednesday.

And for anyone on Kitkat wondering why the Permission Manager no longer works. See this link <<< androidauthority link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Printer Share premium
    turns your printer into a wifi printer. (provided you have your pc or mac on ) works a treat and never had any issues with it. including if i forgot to print something for college, on the way back it would be printed for me and ready to go.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dynamixsoftware.printershare.premium&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Rymdkapsel, also in the latest humble bundle, has me hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

daytob wrote: »
    Printer Share premium
    turns your printer into a wifi printer. (provided you have your pc or mac on ) works a treat and never had any issues with it. including if i forgot to print something for college, on the way back it would be printed for me and ready to go.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dynamixsoftware.printershare.premium&hl=en

Google cloud print does the same thing for free afaik https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.cloudprint

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

cosanostra wrote: »
    Google cloud print does the same thing for free afaik https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.cloudprint

You need to have at least pone local PC on, though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hi, can anyone recommend to me a decent Background/Wallpaper app for free?

I had a few really good ones on my old phone a few years back but now when I look and try some hd background apps they are just terrible 'love hearts' or celebs or half naked women an stuff.

Any help would be great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

Hi, can anyone recommend to me a decent Background/Wallpaper app for free?

I had a few really good ones on my old phone a few years back but now when I look and try some hd background apps they are just terrible 'love hearts' or celebs or half naked women an stuff.

Any help would be great, thanks.

zedge is great, loads of quality wallpapers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

500 Firepaper.

Live wallpaper that pulls images from 500pix.

Great!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

alanc2003 wrote: »
    zedge is great, loads of quality wallpapers

I'll second Zedge. 500 Firepaper pulls up some great wallpapers too, but then they disappear on you again as it's auto changing.

+1 for zedge.
    Also check out droidpapers for all your stock wallpapers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Have had Zedge on my 3 android phones, one of the first apps i download

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement