Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Questions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Sweetie79

So assuming i am starting my lectures after 10am and there is no parking space left.where do you go?there's dunnes across the road,is all day parking allowed there?
    would the north campus be better with the space availability?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Dunnes have a maximum of two hours rule as far as I know.

I've never had a problem getting parking on North Campus no matter what time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

And I had problems everyday from 9am-2/3pm.

No spaces at all.

Where are you parking?!

If you head over by the pitches there is ALWAYS parking. There's honestly never been a day I've had to drive around and around to find a space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Do the majority of students live up in Maynooth? gonna be commuting myself for the first while anyway.
    Also is there atms on campus?

• Advertisement

i think there's aib mini branch in john hume building,and atm near by John hume.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

ontour wrote: »
    Do the majority of students live up in Maynooth? gonna be commuting myself for the first while anyway.

Don't worry about commuting, only two out of a group of 9 of my friends going to Maynooth are living up there. I remember when I did my work experience there I got the bus up and it was always over half full. I know the Trim/Navan bus is going to be full this year anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Also is there atms on campus?

There's one on the outside of the science building on north campus.
    Sweetie79 wrote: »
    i think there's aib mini branch in john hume building,and atm near by John hume.

They don't deal with cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sealclubber

Hey, what's the story with the mature student orientation thing tomorrow? I got the letter but I lost it, so I have no idea where to go or what time to go there at.

Hey, what's the story with the mature student orientation thing tomorrow? I got the letter but I lost it, so I have no idea where to go or what time to go there at.

10.00 - 10.30 tea/coffee in foyer,john hume building,followed by welcome in john hume lecture theatre 2.after that students will be devided into 4 groups to take part in : library tour,study skills,studying at 3rd level-what to expect and finance&funding for 3rd level.
    its to conclude after the lunch 12.30 to 2.00

on friday 10.00-11.15 subject information session on science/engineering or languages or economics/finance/business/accounting
    11.15-11.45 tea/coffee
    11.45-1.15 subject info session on arts/humanities
    1.15 lunch
    2.15 campus tour
    3.30 finance/support/mature students society

ufff... lol hand in pain from clicking lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Sealclubber

Thank you very much!

pleasure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

What is the story with the hostels on campus??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

peanuthead wrote: »
    What is the story with the hostels on campus??

Eh, for someone to answer that, I think you'd have to explain what hostels you're talking about, because I'm not really aware of any actually on the campus. Closest thing might be the conference centre on the south campus.

Think they mean the rooms you can rent for a night on south campus? It's twenty euro a night per person. No loud drinking or loudness at all in fact. Gotta be out by 10am the next morning. No idea who you've to get in contact with to reserve one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Accomodation office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Think they mean the rooms you can rent for a night on south campus? It's twenty euro a night per person. No loud drinking or loudness at all in fact. Gotta be out by 10am the next morning. No idea who you've to get in contact with to reserve one though.

How do they feel about unmarried couples?
    Seeing how there's a shrowd of religion around the place.

What should I do if all my course subjects in moodle are wrong :confused: only registered yesterday does this correct its self:(

pisslips wrote: »

You're kidding right?

pisslips wrote: »

I don't think there's a problem. It's only single beds they offer though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

What should I do if all my course subjects in moodle are wrong :confused: only registered yesterday does this correct its self:(

Don't worry, Moodle is slightly broken at the moment. It's telling me I'm doing Business Research Methods and Natural Hazards and Disasters. It'll be fixed eventually. Whatever's on that orange piece of paper they gave you is what you're registered for (is it still orange?). And you'll have three or four weeks to change your mind.

Natural Hazards and Disasters? Sign me up, sounds cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I know! I tried Geography for about two weeks last year before deciding on my subjects. Sometimes I wish I'd kept it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    You're kidding right?
    Sometimes, I don't even know. But I'll go with it. It's not so long ago that you couldn't get a B&B in Ireland if you were an unmarried couple. So I wouldn't be hugely surprised if in the place where priests are trained you're still not allowed riode outside marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

cython wrote: »
    Eh, for someone to answer that, I think you'd have to explain what hostels you're talking about, because I'm not really aware of any actually on the campus. Closest thing might be the conference centre on the south campus.

Oh sorry!!

I just got a map of the campus, and there is a building on it marked "hostels" and I was wondering what it was about. Obviously either a mistake or an old map!! Never mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

peanuthead wrote: »
    Oh sorry!!

I just got a map of the campus, and there is a building on it marked "hostels" and I was wondering what it was about. Obviously either a mistake or an old map!! Never mind

I was wondering too - it's on the current North Campus map - the one one the nuim website now. It's beside the student services centre.

I was wondering too - it's on the current North Campus map - the one one the nuim website now. It's beside the student services centre.

Weird...

mickstupp wrote: »
    Don't worry, Moodle is slightly broken at the moment. It's telling me I'm doing Business Research Methods and Natural Hazards and Disasters. It'll be fixed eventually. Whatever's on that orange piece of paper they gave you is what you're registered for (is it still orange?). And you'll have three or four weeks to change your mind.

It has me down as doing applied music techniques and 30 or so wrong course topics :confused: Im doing Finance and Acc lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Moodle never seems to be working right. Hopefully this newer version will work better than the last one. I'm doing CSSE but according to it I'm doing equine management !!

• Advertisement

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Moodle never seems to be working right. Hopefully this newer version will work better than the last one. I'm doing CSSE but according to it I'm doing equine management !!
    Thats ok Im not the only one so lol!!

Advertisement