Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People Who Still Play COD4 Online Regularly!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Only disc game I still have besides LBP, so I would be interested in this.
    I'm free all week also..

My psn is Doylah

Add me.

Invite sent

So far we have 9 for Monday nights game 8:30 Make sure you have either sent me a PSN invite or have your name on the list below or in the link.

Im thinking with that number a free for all is the best option. We will have 5, 10 minute matches that should take about an hour. The best player will win something nice the 2nd player will also win something just not as nice :). The winner will be who ever wins the most matches not most kills (that will be too hard to keep track of).

Prizes so far include : (bluerays spiderman3, 3:10 to yuma, Beowolf), (Games Lego indiana jones Guitar hero aerosmith, rockband PS3). (the club, hour of victory xbox360) .... More to be added.

Maps to be used

Ambush
    Backlot
    Countdown
    District
    Strike

players signed up so far

Bubs78
    Tommybread
    Lofty459
    ericvancough
    Darnett
    Doylah
    KEV_85
    marko93101
    Noodler

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I might go... Finished college at 6, should be home by half 7... but then again it's freshers week so i could easily find myself sitting in the bar then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

I definitely would join except 8.30 is when someone else is hogging the TV! Is there any chance in the near future ye'll be doing later ones?

Flecktarn wrote: »
    I definitely would join except 8.30 is when someone else is hogging the TV! Is there any chance in the near future ye'll be doing later ones?

Im running them mon and tues for cod4 maybe a different game then wens

hope to make it a feature get them running a few nights a week even if its just for people to hook up and play.

• Advertisement

Are we all ready for tonight, im looking foward to it first time ive ever tried anything like this. Looks like we have 8 or 9 so rather than team death matches i think a free for all is the best bet. I hope it all goes ok.

If you have other players that you regulary play with online let them know the more the better. If we can get up to 12+ players we can start doing team death matches. Maybe if we got even more we could start off a little team death match league . I was thinking if we got 16 we could split it up into 4 teams of 4 and make a little fixture list and league table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 aidodo

So far we have 9 for Monday nights game 8:30 Make sure you have either sent me a PSN invite or have your name on the list below or in the link.

Im thinking with that number a free for all is the best option. We will have 5, 10 minute matches that should take about an hour. The best player will win something nice the 2nd player will also win something just not as nice :). The winner will be who ever wins the most matches not most kills (that will be too hard to keep track of).

Prizes so far include : (bluerays spiderman3, 3:10 to yuma, Beowolf), (Games Lego indiana jones Guitar hero aerosmith, rockband PS3). (the club, hour of victory xbox360) .... More to be added.

Maps to be used

Ambush
    Backlot
    Countdown
    District
    Strike

players signed up so far

Bubs78
    Tommybread
    Lofty459
    ericvancough
    Darnett
    Doylah
    KEV_85
    marko93101
    Noodler

Would be interested in playing tonight. Will send you a PSN invite later. My username is The_Ratz .

Any imput into how the night should be ran is welcome guys we have 10 players at the moment should we stick with free for all or i was thinking if we get 2 more go for a team death match ( maybe for 2 rounds ) just to mix things up.

Let me know what ye think anyway. Hopefully all that have signed up can make it on the night but just in case we only have <6 we will just team up for a ranked match. Best players will still win prizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭kdizl/doylah

Any imput into how the night should be ran is welcome guys we have 10 players at the moment should we stick with free for all or i was thinking if we get 2 more go for a team death match ( maybe for 2 rounds ) just to mix things up.

Let me know what ye think anyway. Hopefully all that have signed up can make it on the night but just in case we only have <6 we will just team up for a ranked match. Best players will still win prizes.

Yeah cant wait, should be fun.
    Should throw in an objective team match also.
    Maybe Domination or Sabotage?

I shall be able to attend.

• Advertisement

1 hour 1/2 to go i think i have sent out a friend invite to every one if you havent gotten one invite me ( bubs78 ). Ive 8 accepted im waiting on 3 people to accept the last 3. I can see a lot of practicing going on too :D

We have 11 players on the list now, hopefully everyone gets on at 8 20ish. Ss its an odd number we prob cant do team games tonight but maybe tommor.

We will use different maps then tommor to keep it fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Ill be there just got permission :pac:

Cupla Ceist

Is this going to be held as a private match only?
    Are we going to play public matches? us against everyone
    Who is going to set up host the matches?
    What are the rules or are there any?

Looking forward to it.

Can't play tomorrow night though, have trainging til half 9.

yayamark wrote: »
    Ill be there just got permission :pac:

Cyola Ceist

Is this going to be held as a private match only?
    Are we going to play public matches? us against everyone
    Who is going to set up host the matches?
    What are the rules or are there any?

Looking forward to it.

Whats your PSNID ? ill add you in or just add me ( bubs78 ) edit scrap that i have you allready

I think private match for tonight as its our first attempt, we usually have some trouble getting everyone into ranked games at times. ill send out invites around 8 25 ish. so if everyone is one and updated at 8 20. we will be ready to start at 8 30. But after the 5 compition games we can allways just go into ranked games and kick ass :D

Im going to try host them hope everything goes ok ive a 7mb connection so it should be fine.

Rules and prizes and registration can all be found here

if we get 12 we will do team death matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Feel free to add me, i'm on most nights,

PSN WayneSoF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I'm about to go online. PSN id is meath77.

Yep... Damn connection is doing the funny thing again... For some reason cod4 parties only work 50% of the time. Looks like i'm out, sorry rev :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

not letting me connect pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I kept getting that error "unable to connect to host".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

was hoping to play but haven't been online since going back to school... the teachers are piling it on... now I have to system update so mightn't get on tonight...:( currently at 4%...

Edit: now 12%... its so frustrating watching it go...

Edit: Arghh!!! 18%!!!

Edit: 32%...:(

• Advertisement

Well the first night was far from glitch free :o about 8 got in and we finished with 6. For some reason 4 or 5 just couldnt get into it.

Results for Monday nights game ( some very good players on tonight )

Prize winners ( choice of 1 blue ray or 1 game from the list below )

Winner : Kev 85 ( with 3 wins out of 5 )
    2nd place : Doylah ( with 1 win and 2, 2nd places )

Just missed out

3rd : The Ratz ( with 1 win and 1, 2nd place )
    4th : tommy bread ( with 2, 2nd places )

Prizes :

Blue ray

Spider man 3
    Star wars Clone wars
    Beowolf
    3:10 to Yuma

Ps3 games

Guitar hero aerosmith
    Rock band 1
    Lego indiana jones
    Jericho
    Wall-E

lessons learnt

1. I need to open a text chat room so its easier to communicate with people. Some people couldnt get in & some droped out ( not sure if that was connection problems but i guess so ). but it was hard to communicate with those that couldnt get in.

2. Need to start a bit earlier to get stuff ready to go in case of problems.

Anyway as allways feedback is needed to get this to work for us. If it get 10 or 12 of us setting up nights and playing fairly regulary it would be great.

As this is a COD4 thread we will organise wens game in here let me know what games ye have ( killzone wipeout hd etc cod 5???)

Cod 4 again tomorrow 8:30 (different maps) hopefully we wont meet the same connection problems. If you missed tonights game hopefully you can take part tomorrow.

I'll try go for tomorrow... Download finished:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Glad it wasn't just me who couldn't connect :pac:

PSN for those who want add me, HvG_Ade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Good games tonight! BUBS I sent you a PM on your site with my details. Thanks for the prize.

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Good games tonight! BUBS I sent you a PM on your site with my details. Thanks for the prize.

Got that you should have your game tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I play a fair bit my username is:

zenif444

wouldn't mind playing some clan games etc - add away, will probably play a bit tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Since ye are still all playing COD4 regulary i am having a COD4 night next tuesday ( 15th ) between 8:30 and 9:30-10ish maybe longer if its going well.

Depending on numbers im thinking either just death match/ team death match or if numbers are quite low maybe a ranked team match.

Let me know if you are interested

I'm def interested - pm sent

Those interested in tonights game let me know 8 20ish again .

Lots of people are downloading the uncharted 2 beta im thinking that could be a good game for tomorrows game night .

Anyway dont forget to sign up for tonights game so i know to invite you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Hey guys, are any of ye playing COD with a 3g connection? Ive mine working trhough a wireless router and although I have lag and get shot to bits im on lv30 after about 2 weeks which isnt too bad!!

Thing I want to know is can you get NAT 2 on a 3g connection? Secondly can you create games and join friends games on a 3g.??

fusion1978 is my id btw!

• Advertisement

FusionNet wrote: »
    Hey guys, are any of ye playing COD with a 3g connection? Ive mine working trhough a wireless router and although I have lag and get shot to bits im on lv30 after about 2 weeks which isnt too bad!!

Thing I want to know is can you get NAT 2 on a 3g connection? Secondly can you create games and join friends games on a 3g.??

fusion1978 is my id btw!
    I have. Mine is 3.6mbps. It runs through my laptop by means of a ethernet cable. I don't get lag much. I'll get it every now and again but it is caused by slow server/host connection, not my connection. Most of the time it is ok. I have NAT 3 as well. I dunno how to improve it either but I can't host games cause of it... I can join a friend who has NAT 1 or 2 but can't host... If you find out how to improve it pm me please...

Thanks
    Jackobyte.

Advertisement