Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science TR071

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Are you JF? are the results online ? I can't find them
    Yep: https://www.tcd.ie/vpcao/administration/examinations/assets/pdf/results/0151000.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Padgeman wrote: »
    Ah well. At least there's always August anyway. :)
    Ah yeah, was much as expected for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Lawliet wrote: »
    Thanks but I'm in a denominated science course , could I have the link that provides the results page for all JF science please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Thanks ,google chrome wouldn't let me view the results page -had to use firefox.
    Any way passed all-2.1
    Not too Bad,yay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Got a II.II as a result of chemistry dragging my results down. Chem two seems suspisciously low though just asked to view it.

Had they taken just biology I'd have gotten a very high 2.1 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Charlie Sheen

What's U.G mean? Only have to repeat two!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭NeuroCat

Scraped a pass by the skin of my teeth. No repeats thankfully but I'm worried that the chances of me getting my moderatorship are slim to none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

Anybody else feeling bad about these SF exams? I started revision about 3 weeks before college ended and still resorted to doing all nighter cramming sessions before them... Yet I still feel like I might not have passed a single exam...

I'm by no means a scholar but I'm not stupid either and these exams are just killing me. I just want to scrape a pass and get into next year but I've yet to emerge from an exam with confidence... :(

I've got friends who are doing as much as I am and they're happy enough, and I've other friends who have done nothing all year and they're pretty happy too. I'm not the sort of person who gets worked up at all about anything but these exams are nightmarish for me. I repeated first year but I've never felt this bad about any exams ever.
    *epic sadface* :(:(:(

Just have Mineralogy to repeat... delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Somehow managed a II.1 so I'm pretty damn happy! Hope all works out well for everyone with regards moderatorships and such!

• Advertisement

These exams were marked on a bell curve right?

Because I didn't actually answer enough questions to get the mark I got in Chem1... (Not that I'm going to question it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭NeuroCat

Because I didn't actually answer enough questions to get the mark I got in Chem1... (Not that I'm going to question it!)

They must have been because I wrote about vampires in regards to prophoria on the metabolism paper and something about werewolves and I managed to pass. Go figure. :P

Labs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Charlie Sheen

So anyone know what * beside a result means? And what U.G instead of a grade means? It says I have to supplement in two, so I think it's all good anyway

So anyone know what * beside a result means? And what U.G instead of a grade means? It says I have to supplement in two, so I think it's all good anyway
    The * means you can't compensate it , and the U.G means 'Useless Gimp'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

NeuroCat wrote: »
    They must have been because I wrote about vampires in regards to prophoria on the metabolism paper and something about werewolves and I managed to pass. Go figure. :P
    This is incredible. Bravo.

After I messed up one of my finals, a load of friends attempted to console me by telling me their individual "My terrible final exam hell" stories [your Twilight-esque one is definitely up there] Another involved someone running out of things to write mid-way through an essay on fMRI and relating an episode of Alias that involved MRI/PET scans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Dingle Ranger

Can you apply to see your script?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

From here:
    "What if I want my examination re-checked?"

First of all, once the results are published you should discuss your examination /assessment performance with the examiners to understand why a specific mark was awarded. This is your right and you should contact the Head of your Department who will make the necessary arrangements. Some Departments organise specific times for these consultation. Check the relevant notice board or your course hand-book.

You are entitled to view your script when discussing your examination or assessment.

If you are still unhappy with your result and you have reason to believe that:

a. The grade is incorrect because of an error in calculation of results,

b. The examination paper contained questions on subjects which were not part of the course prescribed for the examination, or

c. Bias was shown by the examiner in marking the script,

you should contact your Tutor to discuss the situation. Your Tutor can request a a re-check (a) or a re-mark (b) or (c)

I think there was a poster on here last year that gave an idea of how subscribed each moderatorship was, not numbers because they were'nt at liberty to say, but they gave a general idea. If you're reading this, how is Physiology? Thanks!

Think g'em said a 2.2 got into physiology in the recent past.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Think g'em said a 2.2 got into physiology in the recent past.
    Cool thanks!

amacachi wrote: »
    Labs?

No I counted them in, anyway, I think I just convinced myself over time that I had done worse than I had.

Having seen the proportion of supplementals being taken, I'd say everyone who isn't sitting them already has the moderatorship they want. Hopefully things will get easier in JS, being able to focus on one thing and whatnot...

I'd love to think as much but with 56% I really doubt I'll get Immunology. I'm viewing a few papers tomorrow since I got 45% in metabolism and was confident that my answers on Bioenergetics and PDH were good and had my CA messed up in the past. I also thought chem 2 went really well (as in I thought I'd gotten a 2.1/1) but I'm not very hopeful but oddly people who left out section C seemed to do better. :(

I know people say mistakes are possible and all but I just don't know. :(

Craguls wrote: »
    I'd love to think as much but with 56% I really doubt I'll get Immunology. I'm viewing a few papers tomorrow since I got 45% in metabolism and was confident that my answers on Bioenergetics and PDH were good and had my CA messed up in the past. I also thought chem 2 went really well (as in I thought I'd gotten a 2.1/1) but I'm not very hopeful but oddly people who left out section C seemed to do better. :(

I know people say mistakes are possible and all but I just don't know. :(
    Funnily enough, its those two papers that a friend of mine wants to get rechecked too. Both of ye seemed confident enough about them too so it does seem odd. Best of luck with it anyway!

No I counted them in, anyway, I think I just convinced myself over time that I had done worse than I had.

Having seen the proportion of supplementals being taken, I'd say everyone who isn't sitting them already has the moderatorship they want. Hopefully things will get easier in JS, being able to focus on one thing and whatnot...

I'd say anyone not compensating has their moderatorship alright. Think it goes by average with those who passed outright first then those who compensated. With my average and repeats I doubt I'll get what I was after.

Actually, metabolism was the one result I thought was far lower than I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lipstickvoodoo

craguls, who did you contact to view your scripts?my chem 2 was way lower than id thought too ended up having to compensate it, really didnt think it went that badly

craguls, who did you contact to view your scripts?my chem 2 was way lower than id thought too ended up having to compensate it, really didnt think it went that badly

I just emailed my tutor and Noelle Scully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lipstickvoodoo

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Dingle Ranger

Where are the quotas for JS moderatorships?

Advertisement