Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

C+H Sports Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Namlub wrote: »
    Never got why they have that big interview with tennis players like three seconds after losing the Wimbledon final, bit harsh.

They do this in a load of sports to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

flyswatter wrote: »
    They do this in a load of sports to be honest.

What, they make them address the whole crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yep. Pretty common in all individual sports (well 1 on 1 sports anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Well you never mentioned the crowd part but that is the case in some sports such as snooker and others I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Well this is new information...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

G'wan Limerick, brilliant hurling there!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

G'wan Limerick, brilliant hurling there!:D

And with that, we get the worst draw EVAR.

Kilkenny in the quarter finals and then Tipp in the semis, if we get past the QFs. We'll basically have to win 3 All Irelands to win out the feckin' thing!!
    And then Kildare in the football.

No wonder people say we are one of the unluckiest teams when it comes to draws :(

However, Cork are 41/1 to win the double. Tempted.

Ah sure listen, Galway aren't as good as everyone's making 'em out to be and we saw what they did to Kilkenny, there's hope for us there yet. Tipp aren't outstanding either, on our day I think we could take them.
    Ever the optimist me :o
    As for the footballers, well yeah they're fecked :P
    I'm just delighted that the hurling's on in Thurles :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Cork then Galway then KK/Tipp.
    Bring.It.On.

So proud of us though, analysts saying on the radio the intensity Waterford played with is something we havnt seen before and that the skill level was a huge step up from the Clare game even. And Waterford Cork games in the last 10 years have always been mad exciting, turkey shootouts with pure hurling. To think if we could do it.. Wowzers..

I believe in one...

Ah sure listen, Galway aren't as good as everyone's making 'em out to be and we saw what they did to Kilkenny, there's hope for us there yet. Tipp aren't outstanding either, on our day I think we could take them.
    Ever the optimist me :o
    As for the footballers, well yeah they're fecked :P
    I'm just delighted that the hurling's on in Thurles :D

Ah but Galway played some savage stuff against KK that day. They had a good gameplan and stuck to it. And KK were missing the likes of JJ Delaney, Fennelly and Rice, I think? And they'll be back for our match.

Although, I do think that if the likes of Dec Hannon and Shane Dowling play to their full potential (they weren't on top form against Clare) and Limerick can match the intensity and physicality of KK for the full 70 mins, who knows what could happen. We've unreal forwards like Tobin, moran and Mulcahy who have an eye for goal. Will they get them as easy against KK, I don't think so. But I do think that the fact they're quick and young will benefit us in comparison to KK's full back line which would be that much older and abit slower.
    The only fear is that we could be the victims of a KK backlash. Although seeing the way the limk hurlers have played this season, I wouldn't be too worried. Kilkenny don't have that much experience playing us in Thurles.

I'm abit more optimistic now that I've gotten over the initial shock. And we got the 4pm slot in Thurles. Can't wait :)

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Cork then Galway then KK/Tipp/LIMERICK

FYP:)

FYP:)

Can't wait for the AI final tbh!
    Kilkenny then Tipp and then Cork/Galway :)

Easssssssy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cork then home with our tails between our legs.

FYP ;)

#jumpingonthegaabandwagon

Nous verrons mes amis.
    Nous verrons.

We wont go down easy anyhow. By god we wont.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Nous verrons mes amis.
    Nous verrons.

We wont go down easy anyhow. By god we wont.

Indeed. Both of our respective teams are very good at the particular Gaelic Game in which they shall compete in the near future.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Indeed. Both of our respective teams are very good at the particular Gaelic Game in which they shall compete in the near future.

Your a Corkonian?
    Did you know yee havnt beaten us since 06? :D
    Altho whats history really.. Buzzin for the game, buzz buzz buzzzz!

Your a Corkonian?

Yup. :)
    Did you know yee havnt beaten us since 06? :D

Bah, statistics! Statistics can prove anything.

In the survey I carried out to ask if statistics could prove anyting, 100% of people said "Yes."

Note: Survey was carried out on the sixteenth day of the seventh month in the yea Two Thousand and Twelve. The survey was carried out in an oral format, and a sample size of one person was used. The participant was asked whether or not statistics could prove anything, and was then given the option of saying yes, or receiving a €150 fine for obstructing the course of justice. When the participant asked how answering a question in a survey incorrectly was preventing the course of justice, the person administering the test replied "Respect my authorit-ay!", before continuing the survey. The results of the survey were printed on an A4 sheet of paper, and were then shipped in a standard size envelope to the Central Statistics Office. When it arrived, the desk clerk opened the envelope, and upon seeing that it contained vital statistics, he put it in the "Laminate" pile. The piece of paper was laminated, thus making the statistics official. This survey was carried out as an equal opportunities survey. No animals were hurt in the making of this survey, although fifteen bunnies were killed while writing this note, and the only reason they died was because they had to write this. If you didn't read the note, then the bunnies would have had to write it. And they'd be alive. So you killed fifteen bunnies. Murderer. You disgust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Ayq5yXACEAAtskp.jpg

Mixing up the Korean flags at the Olympics, oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Ayq5yXACEAAtskp.jpg

Mixing up the Korean flags at the Olympics, oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.

I always get confused between the DPR and whatever abbreviation the South uses. :o

• Advertisement

Limerick are gonna kick some Kilkenny ass tomorrow :D

/SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER optimistic.

I need to watch that match again... That purple patch where KK scored 2-5 unanswered was what killed us.

I also feel sorry for the girl I elbowed in the face when Limerick scored the goal today. It was so awkward... >< In the middle of celebrating like a mad wan flailing my arms all over the place and then "BAM!".. oh sh!t soz..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Eoin McGrath......Gavin O'Brien there, Paul O'Brien there, Martin O'Neill there...nope.Eoin McGrath

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I always get confused between the DPR and whatever abbreviation the South uses. :o

Thats understandable. Your job doesn't depend on being able to tell flags apart. Somebody's does and they clearly aren't any good at it.

Forget the Olympics, Mayo v Down tomorrow! Can't go to it sadly.

Forget the Olympics, Mayo v Down tomorrow! Can't go to it sadly.

I'm going to Castlebar to visit the cousins tomorrow :) Hopefully there'll be a buzz around the place. Have my Mayo cap ready and all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I'll be at all the matches :p, going for Laois-Dublin though, it'd be great to see Laois put it up to them and win:), hard to see it happening though :rolleyes:

If Galway win the All-Ireland in hurling, Mayo better win the football. I won't be able to listen to them otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Community Shield this afternoon was fairly disappointing as a Chelsea fan. Manchester City made us look very mediocre and we weren't helped by a first half red card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Gway with your Community Shield, HON GALWAY. :D

Advertisement