Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the free film

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

NP, your welcome. Nice to meet you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

ThOnda wrote: »
    You can always make your own pinhole camera from a sheet of paper...

Amazing looking camera Thonda, but jeez it'll take ages to make.

Slidinginfinity - gas camera - If I get the time I might just give it a go.

Well done to both of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Tallon wrote: »
    Any chance of a boards discount? :rolleyes:

Hi well i spoke to my boss and he agreed to give boards people a discount on printing etc... :D

You can get film developed, printed and cd for €6.00

He said there will be a 15% discount on all film services and 10% on all digital services. You can get film onto cd pretty cheap too, (I have to confirm the price) so that should work well for all the free unicare film floating about!!

Just bring your stuff to the Camera Centre in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and mention boards.... easy peasy! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

katiemaloe wrote: »
    Hi well i spoke to my boss and he agreed to give boards people a discount on printing etc... :D

He said there will be a 15% discount on all film services and 10% on all digital services. You can get film onto cd pretty cheap too, (I have to confirm the price) so that should work well for all the free unicare film floating about!!

Just bring your stuff to the Camera Centre in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and mention boards.... easy peasy! :pac:

Oh that place? im always in there, I think you's have a sony battery grip for me :)

Thanks for that :D

Ha ha! Its a small world! :)

• Advertisement

katiemaloe wrote: »

Any quote on just development and a cd?

I don't usually require prints of every shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,081 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Just to follow up on the home developing, managed to develop my first roll of film this weekend. A few mistakes made but still seemed to work okay. Negatives digitised with a digital camera in macro mode and colours etc adjusted in photoshop. ThreeFour of the better looking shots

8350B28D29444C11BCB640DBD353D86C-500.jpg

4E271FE755084D369FF026C528264D45-500.jpg

1A2B381779AF49E9BDFF992D499C9EFD-500.jpg

BC2903EB83F049979CC84A357EBC5E51-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can i get some too please , i live beside olympia theatre on dame street

Placebo wrote: »
    can i get some too please , i live beside olympia theatre on dame street

Is this a request for film?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yes :) if anyone can spot me a few tomorrow, it would be great , as i am going to france on friday and would love to come back with film photos

thanks

• Advertisement

placebo- pm me and we can try to meet up and get you some film on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Hi,

If there's any left could I get a few rolls please?

Sure, just PM me and we can arrange a meet or you can stop into you local unicare pharmacy and ask for some they are more than happy to had it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Uncare in Artane still have some of this film left. I was in there today. It's in a basket in front of the fuji desk and has been removed from all the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

anyone know of any unicares around Dublin that might still have some of the free film left?

I don't know of any but I still have a couple hundred rolls to give out if you need some. (Free, of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

I'll try a couple of unicares near me and see if they have any, if not then i'll take you up on your offer, thank you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I just bought a Fed 5 and there's a Unicare near me in Cabra. Are they still doing this do you know. I know they were giving it away free but I'd feel like an awful chancer asking them if it's finished and perhaps the salesperson didn't know about it.

Hmnn turns out they had none. If anyone is willing to spare some film I can return the favour by giving them a discount/advice should they be looking to buy any electronics now or in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I don't know of any but I still have a couple hundred rolls to give out if you need some. (Free, of course)

Hi Sliding. I'll take a few rolls of this off you if you don't mind. Just bought a film camera for messing around with. I'll be in town on friday if you are around??

• Advertisement

Ballyman wrote: »
    Hi Sliding. I'll take a few rolls of this off you if you don't mind. Just bought a film camera for messing around with. I'll be in town on friday if you are around??

I'll PM ya. Think we will both be at the film meet saturday.

I live in Clontarf and just picked up a load last week. Anyone who's in the area can get some from me. Kintaro, I could drop some into you i n work someday when I'm passing if it suits.

FX Meister wrote: »
    I live in Clontarf and just picked up a load last week. Anyone who's in the area can get some from me. Kintaro, I could drop some into you i n work someday when I'm passing if it suits.

Hi FX, that would be excellent, I'd really be thrilled with that. Well you know where I am 5 days a week so let me know what day/time is good for you. If you have any purchases planned now or in the future let me know and I'll see if my discount beats web prices! :pac:

Hey FX Where did you find the film? I thought all the unicares had been totally raided by now!

I just picked up a load of them when they were around.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

So is all this free film gone or what ?

Chorcais, if you look around you can still get it. Although not in the huge boxes you once could. Take a look in this thread and find the last post when someone said it was still in a particular unicare store, find the phone number of that store, call them and ask if they still have any left. It's not that hard. I understand it's not that easy for some people to get to some stores. Like I said, I live in Clontarf and I'm near the Dart station so I'm not that hard to get to and I'll gladly give 20 or 30 films to anyone who wants them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

FX Meister wrote: »
    Chorcais, if you look around you can still get it. Although not in the huge boxes you once could. Take a look in this thread and find the last post when someone said it was still in a particular unicare store, find the phone number of that store, call them and ask if they still have any left. It's not that hard. I understand it's not that easy for some people to get to some stores. Like I said, I live in Clontarf and I'm near the Dart station so I'm not that hard to get to and I'll gladly give 20 or 30 films to anyone who wants them.

I'll be in Dublin this Saturday for the film meet up I could make my way up to you ! If your around Glady take a few rolls :):):)

Chorcai wrote: »
    I'll be in Dublin this Saturday for the film meet up I could make my way up to you ! If your around Glady take a few rolls :):):)

If you can't make it Clontarf, I will be at the film meet up also. I am already bringing film for others. I'm happy to haul in more.

• Advertisement

What time is the film meet at? If it suits then I might just bring a load in for whoever wants it.

Advertisement