Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the free film

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

have ever tried xpro? i'm considering buying a reel tank and some cheap e6 kit and giving it a stab myself... seems pretty simple, theres even 3 stage colour kits like bw.

I've done E-6 in c-41 at home all right. Do a tag search for x-pro on my stream, I've got a few up. This is probably my favourite, Fuji 64t in C-41 :

1248295270_9d340c80d1.jpg

never done C-41 in E-6 chems.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

sorry thats what i meant.how many xpro rolls ya get outta a batch, i hear the slides scuzz the chems or somethin?

sorry thats what i meant.how many xpro rolls ya get outta a batch, i hear the slides scuzz the chems or somethin?

I do up 500ml at a time, typically when I have two rolls I want to process, because I have two tanks. I process those initial two rolls and keep the 500ml for a few weeks and use it as needed and then toss it and do up another 500ml when I need it. So far I've used up about 90% of the chemicals, so 9 batches, and out of each batch I get anywhere between 2 and 6 rolls of 35mm & 120. It all depends on what I'm using. Normally I'd do xpro with already used chems, but I don't think I ever get to the point where I'm exhausting the stuff. I could probably keep it even for longer, couple of months maybe, and re-use it loads, but I err on the side of caution, film is all I shoot so I tend to be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Hi Daire, do you have a different scanner for your 120?

FX Meister wrote: »
    Hi Daire, do you have a different scanner for your 120?

Yep. Coolscan V for 35mm, cheapo Canonscan 8600 for my 120.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Was in nutgrove today and stopped into the unicare picked up another 300 rolls of the free film. I picked it up not for myself but, to give to others.
    So, if you are in Dublin and can meet up near Stevens Green. I will gladly hand you free film.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Was in nutgrove today and stopped into the unicare picked up another 300 rolls of the free film. I picked it up not for myself but, to give to others.
    So, if you are in Dublin and can meet up near Stevens Green. I will gladly hand you free film.

Hey Slidinginfinity,

As usual I'm way slow on getting any of this film!

I'll be in the city tomorrow and could meet you around Stephens' Green if you still have this? After work? I'd be interested in 4 or 5 rolls if you have lots? There'll be the price of a pint in it for the effort! (or suitable substitute).

Only 5 rolls? not a problem.
    PM me contact info.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Only 5 rolls? not a problem.
    PM me contact info.

Great! PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

landyman wrote: »
    Lads blanchardstown unicare still has about four or five boxes (100 roll boxes) of the stuff.

I have 130 rolls in the freezer if anyone needs any in the near future, though ive no way of accepting payments :(

Hi Landy,
    Was that recently that Unicare in Blanch had four boxes? I got 20 rolls from them a couple of weeks ago but they didn't have much more to spare. I'd love some more cos I seem to fly through film! Here is a pic I took with it on Friday.... the colours are excellent. I work in a camera shop/ photo lab and Id be hard pushed to tell that it isnt superia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

katiemaloe wrote: »
    I work in a camera shop/ photo lab

Any chance of a boards discount? :rolleyes:

Tallon wrote: »
    Any chance of a boards discount? :rolleyes:

Ill have to ask the boss. Do ya mean for printing or camera gear?

Ill have to ask the boss. Do ya mean for printing or camera gear?

well mainly developing!
    But if camera gear could be added, i wouldn't be sad :)

probably not on cameras cos the margin is tiny. Ill ask about printing, maybe a discount on the free film thing! Ill post details if he says yes :)

Hi Landy,
    Was that recently that Unicare in Blanch had four boxes? I got 20 rolls from them a couple of weeks ago but they didn't have much more to spare. I'd love some more cos I seem to fly through film! Here is a pic I took with it on Friday.... the colours are excellent. I work in a camera shop/ photo lab and Id be hard pushed to tell that it isnt superia.

I picked up 300 rols today to share If you are nearish to stevens green I would be happy to bring you 20-50 rolls.

I picked up 300 rols today to share If you are nearish to stevens green I would be happy to bring you 20-50 rolls.

Wow thats cool- thanks! I'm not sure when I'll be in town next... Ill PM you to arrange something. Thanks a mil!

I will be running errands and dropping off some film to rahtkennades around Stevens Green today between 2 and 3. :)
    If anyone else wants some of the free film and will be in that general vicinity, PM me before 1.:D
    Will be happy to bring extra along.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

sorry guys, not had any spare cash to post anything and it takes a week for paypal funds to transfer to a bank account.

will have money tomorrow and can post 40 rolls to anyone who still needs them. 7.50 should cover it and ill throw in a few extra if the weight is still bellow max.

pm me details if youre still interested.

I will need name and address.
    I will give you mine if u want to post cash/cheque or I can give you my paypal details.
    paypal will cost a bit over 7.50 as they charge me a percentage to receive a payment

What with all the free film floating around, I thought I would try my hand at pinhole photos.
    I think this is the one I am going to try and build*.

*sometime in the next month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

excellent link - cheers for sharing that. i've made one of these before years ago but these are much easier and clearer instructions. might give it a go me'sel.:)

• Advertisement

What with all the free film floating around, I thought I would try my hand at pinhole photos.
    I think this is the one I am going to try and build*.

*sometime in the next month or so

Amazing link..... Will deffo do that tonight

Excellent!
    This is the response I was hoping for.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

that looks great...
    anymore free film on the go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Unusual as it is for me to be late to anything :rolleyes: I've just arrived at this thread now.

Free film you say? (or even cheap film)

Is there anymore going?

Just bought myself a messing about camera and want to try it out.

the free film is usually available for just about any unicare pharmacy with a photo counter.
    Just ask for a box or 2 and usually they will hand it over happily.
    If this is impossible for you and you are in Dublin I am more than happy to hand over 10-30 rolls.

LOL somebody is selling this at a buck a roll on adverts.ie.
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=137062&cat=51

LOL somebody is selling this at a buck a roll on adverts.ie.
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=137062&cat=51

Had to happen at some stage. And I bet it's someone off here, since they just registered in July!
    Dual accounts, tut tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

You can always make your own pinhole camera from a sheet of paper...

thonda nice link.
    But man does that look hard to construct and light seal.:D

• Advertisement

Hey Slidingfinity, Just wanted to say thanks a mil for all the film you gave me! I really appreciate it and its very kind of you to share. Lovely to meet you too!
    Cheers, Kate:D

Advertisement