Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest compliment you've been paid

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

So long, suckers! There's yo compliment, b*tches :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Forgot That Word.

Since you're here, what's been the nicest compliment you've received?

'I'm proud of you'. Came from a very close family member before she died so it just stands out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

super-rush wrote: »
    That was only a test drive. You gotta try before you buy.

Wish they had that policy in Ann Summers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Wish they had that policy in Ann Summers! :D

That makes two of us. I'd start leaving the house again if that was brought in.

It's simple. If you like something, it can be "for the win"

ie. rohypnol getting me action is FTW, as super-rush might say! :pac:

You wouldn't believe how many dumb things I came up with trying to figure it out!! F**k The World, First Time Wa**er, so sad really!

• Advertisement

'I'm proud of you'. Came from a very close family member before she died so it just stands out.

That's really nice :) I can identify, my granddad said lots of lovely things to me before he passed away, I've always remembered them.

But just to warn you, After Hours is a bit of a jokey forum. Hence why you've probably read a lot of this thread and thought we were were all either convicts or escaped loonies! So, don't take any offence if people make a joke about your posts, it's all done in jest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Must not post.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭x MarK x

The one that stuck in my mind the most was, a clairvoyant told me i had a beautiful soul. For you cynics out there, it was a free session. Quiet deep that one. :)

Ok, I'll erect my deflection bubble. In that case, best compliment would be 'At least you're not from Macroom'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭milktwosugars

That's really nice :) I can identify, my granddad said lots of lovely things to me before he passed away, I've always remembered them.

But just to warn you, After Hours is a bit of a jokey forum. Hence why you've probably read a lot of this thread and thought we were were all either convicts or escaped loonies! So, don't take any offence if people make a joke about your posts, it's all done in jest :)

That's all very nice...

Sorry to hear about both your losses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

"Carlsberg don't do women, but if they did........!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

There's been a few from girls over the years which have been great, but I shan't divulge those here.

Apart from that, compliments about my blog/writing make me feel pretty great. Especially when it's someone I only half know that comes up to me and tells me how much they like it or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Really? The last thing my elderly grandmother said to me before she died was "Get away from me! GET AWAY FROM MEEEEEEE!!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Really? The last thing my elderly grandmother said to me before she died was "Get away from me! GET AWAY FROM MEEEEEEE!!!!!"

That's because you were holding a pillow to her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

:o Mine is that someone I loved told me I was beautiful. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Yes, the forum for serious, sober talk lies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

nice arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

You're a hot, supposedly funny girl?

DIBS!

Narcissist.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Got a lovely message before off a boyfriend
    "you're an amazing girl and i enjoy every minute we spend together...............but im breaking up with you"

lovely
    :pac:
    someone told me i was beautiful before.that was nice.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I'll compliment myself by saying this thread has gone to s**t since I logged off an hour ago:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I got paid 100 euro after sex.
    to leave
    Zing!

Not really a 'Zing' considering I'd implied accidental prostitution. You can't get 'zinged' when you're self-depricating, that's just the rules. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

'You're not the worst c&%t in the world'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

What's the best compliment you've received from a person?

mine was probably this drunk man in a nightclub, insisting he'd seen me in FHM, telling me "that was one good ****!":pac:

you actually liked that????

must use it as a chat up line then:cool:

philstar wrote: »
    you actually liked that????

must use it as a chat up line then:cool:

I explained earlier on that I used that one, due to this being AH.

In real life, yer man got a smack. But AH never cares much for real life, does it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭GeorgeCostanza

What's the best compliment you've received from a person?

Being in AH mode, mine was probably this drunk man in a nightclub, insisting he'd seen me in FHM, telling me "that was one good ****!"

:pac:

classy...

classy...

You men always are.

And again I'll say that was in jest, considering the forum we're in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

I think everyone in this thread is the most beautiful, amazing person I've ever met
    :D

Jaysus! Right back atcha man. But seriously you want to be getting out more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sarahjayne

Your Knickers must have mirrors in them.... Cos i can see myself in them
    Not very romantic but made me laugh :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

"I'd say you're the second best priest in Ireland"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Was told that Id make a mint on sex hotlines cause Ive a sexy voice:o

Advertisement