Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you government c*nts...

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

snyper wrote: »
    I understand, but disagree. I believe you should vote again - vote no. By not voting again your opinion wont be heard on this vote
    It wasn't exactly heard the last time either. I remember i was at the polling station and the woman who gave me my card said somthing like "once you vote, its still important". And i assumed she had a point. Guess not :P
    (although im heavily in favour of a YES vote)
    I guessed that.
    They are having another referendum to see if we have changed our minds.
    What is so hard to stomach about this? There was more than one divorce referendum and we ended up changing our minds, didn't we?
    Fair point.
    Also, everyone knows that the people who voted against Lisbon voted no because they are a bunch of superstitious peasants who believed a lot of old wives' tales about abortion and conscription and all sorts of other bogeymen that would come to get us.
    Not me. I didn't fall for that conscription thing because it was explained fairly clearly that we won't all be sent to war and i'm pro choice anyway. I'm probably still a peasent though because i voted no.
    I think it is quite reasonable to ask someone to think again if you know they have made a decision based on tabloid-induced hysteria.
    But that won't stop that hysteria from starting up again. And the hysteria about voting for it on the whole really pissed me off. Even on boards, people would go completly mad at each other for having their opinions. Maybe ill vote yes just so i can stop hearing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Wagon wrote: »
    It wasn't exactly heard the last time either.

You vote was heard.. well i have to presume it was counted. The country voted no.

They government have now clarified some of the concerns that were involved in the no vote last time, and asking the nation to vote again.
    If the vote this time is no, so be it.. we're fcuked imo if we dont, but so be it. You make your bed, you sleep in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

The choices are vote;

NO
    because Mary Lou and that scary nutjob from Galway wants you to
    (but neither tells you why)

YES
    because we are in Europe whether we like it or not, need them now more than ever and should have said YES the first time and cut out all this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭worded

Biggins wrote: »
    It's either that or they are too busy helping themselves to stocked up wine in the Department of Foreign Affairs!!!

2u4szzc.jpg:(

And no Irish wine there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

You vote was heard.. well i have to presume it was counted. The country voted no.

They government have now clarified some of the concerns that were involved in the no vote last time, and asking the nation to vote again.
    If the vote this time is no, so be it.. we're fcuked imo if we dont, but so be it. You make your bed, you sleep in it.

The vote will easily be carried this time but it will have nothing to do with the govt clarifying concerns, as a matter of interest what have they now clarified that was not clarified first time round?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pal wrote: »
    The choices are vote;

NO
    because Mary Lou and that scary nutjob from Galway wants you to
    (but neither tells you why)

YES
    because we are in Europe whether we like it or not, need them now more than ever and should have said YES the first time and cut out all this crap.

Yes, nothing to do with current situation at all. So i guess it's a good thing to have the EU waving a stick over our head saying "say yes to everything we tell you to or else...".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Pal wrote: »
    YES

But the full scale of the **** we are in was not really in peoples minds first time round, it certianly is now with things getting worse by the day, and for this reason we will vote yes not what is contained within the treaty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

Biggins wrote: »
    On their first day back there should be the biggest protest possible to make sure they get the message that the country is angry at their stupid, arsine decisions such as the one the OP mentioned!

Really good idea, the Leinster house cronies are living on a different planet and need to be shown their incompetence and greed is driving our country to ruin. The ICTU led march has shown it can be done, just do it again and again until they open their eyes. I'd go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

humberklog wrote: »
    Someone with small arms training should shoot the feckers at dawn.
    Won't someone think of the Thalidomide's?

There has to be a joke in here somewhere ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

lol sweetpea, there is no need to "simplify" on my behalf, particularly as you clearly missed my point.

My point is voting no purely because you dont like the government, not based on the merits of the treaty is idiotic.

BTW I agree completely on the idea that people should vote on the treaty not who is for or against it but didn't you say in the lisbon thread to just look at the crowd asking for a no vote etc......

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    BTW I agree completely on the idea that people should vote on the treaty not who is for or against it but didn't you say in the lisbon thread to just look at the crowd asking for a no vote etc......

Yea, yes i did say take a look at the parties that support a no vote they are the likes of the IRA Sinn Fein, who dont hold a single beneficial policy on a national level for this country. That comment however was more of an attempt to paraphrase or to show in 1 line why a no vote isnt in our best interests - call it a sound bite if you will.

I hate soundbites.

Yea, yes i did say take a look at the parties that support a no vote they are the likes of the IRA Sinn Fein, who dont hold a single beneficial policy on a national level for this country. That comment however was more of an attempt to paraphrase or to show in 1 line why a no vote isnt in our best interests - call it a sound bite if you will.

I hate soundbites.

here's another sound bite, the largest pro Lisbon party, FF, also don't have a single beneficial policy for this country, their only interest is picking up the tab for their builder buddies i.e. the Anglo Irish Bailout.

fredzer wrote: »
    here's another sound bite, the largest pro Lisbon party, FF, also don't have a single beneficial policy for this country, their only interest is picking up the tab for their builder buddies i.e. the Anglo Irish Bailout.

bollocks.

Thats the exact type of shyte this thread is about.. complete and utter mindless tripe.

You really didnt think this out very well, sounds great but complete bullsh1t

bollocks.

Thats the exact type of shyte this thread is about.. complete and utter mindless tripe.

You really didnt think this out very well, sounds great but complete bullsh1t

It's not bull**** and your deluded if you think FF have any interests other then their own and their buddies in mind.

Why when Cowen was told back in December Anglo was under capitalized and in danger of defaulting on nearly 3bn in subordinate debt did he turn around and try to pump 1.5bn of taxpayers money into it? Why was he willing to risk so much tax payers money to save that bank? Surely not because it was the developers/builders bank. They had it sewn up for years, FF , developers & bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

How the hell did John O Dongahue get to spend so much. Like come on, 900 quid a night on hotels, 900 QUID A NIGHT, ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?
    Hell, the K-Club is only 595 quid Per Room per Night for a suite.

He should have been sacked for that, suspended even, but no, he's still in there prancing about, like the rest of them clowns. None of them are qualified for there jobs they are supposedly doing.

Meh, rants are never over.

fredzer wrote: »
    It's not bull**** and your deluded if you think FF have any interests other then their own and their buddies in mind.

Why when Cowen was told back in December Anglo was under capitalized and in danger of defaulting on nearly 3bn in subordinate debt did he turn around and try to pump 1.5bn of taxpayers money into it? Why was he willing to risk so much tax payers money to save that bank? Surely not because it was the developers/builders bank. They had it sewn up for years, FF , developers & bank.

Ill answer that with a question.

Who loses out if Angle bank crumbles? Builders couldnt give a sh1te if they do or not, they're limited liability companies, theres only so much you can get out of them in assests, so there is a n enormous shortfall. If our banks collpases you and i end up paying for it in one way or another your parents that have that have those shares invested in them... If the country allow our banks to collapse do you think our banks are going to be seen as an attractive place to lend money by other larger international banks? We are already losing our credit rating as a nation because of the risk of ou allowing our banks to collapse among other things... if we let out banks fall we will pay higher interest rate on loans the government and our banks receive and who do you think will pay for that?

I hate banks, but we cannot do without them. Letting them fall is not an option whichever way you look at it.

Claiming its FF solely looking after their builder buddies and banker friends is an easy way to join the dots without looking at the rest of the dots on the page. Stop listening to Newstalk, and reading the Star and the Mirror as your source of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

They cancelled the Christmas bonus for everyone, not just Thalidomide victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

for many a family they took santy out of christmas, fcukers.

Advertisement