Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you government c*nts...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

BVB wrote: »
    Its time for a General Election

I think Boards should have a Poll on this

Is it time for a General Election Y/N

There must be thousands of people on this site who could take part.

Just to get an idea of what peoples reactions are . No Thread with comments , Just the poll

Good idea. Because Fianna Fail always log on to boards.ie in the morning to take the pulse of the nation before going about the business of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Biggins wrote: »
    Aye - just as long as they get their continuing perks! :(

256wso2.jpg

31690xw.jpg

Add the likes of jackie Healey Rae claiming over 40,000 per anum to pay a secretary he never had, that would be fraud for the rest of us, and jailable.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Its time for a General Election

I think Boards should have a Poll on this

Is it time for a General Election Y/N

There must be thousands of people on this site who could take part.

Just to get an idea of what peoples reactions are . No Thread with comments , Just the poll

You might get arrested for blasphemy!

TheZohan wrote: »
    You might get arrested for blasphemy!

Personally I can't wait for the first Boards Blasphemy test-case. It'll be great. A Whole lot of Whorin' Virgin Mary Fun!

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Good idea. Because Fianna Fail always log on to boards.ie in the morning to take the pulse of the nation before going about the business of the day.

They know the pulse of the Nation but they don't care.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

It would make good reference for when threads come up about the Government

Can I do it *

*Please Please Please Please Please Please

Can I do it *

*Please Please Please Please Please Please

If you start hearing sirens outside your home you know you're fcuked!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sadly the gov' is not listening, they are too busy making legal state censorship.

[IMG][/img]http://i29.tinypic.com/23j5nvt.jpg

[IMG][/img]http://i25.tinypic.com/25iluld.jpg

How the gagging conflicts with the right to any free speeching and whistle-blowing on things going wrong is another issue!

It's either that or they are too busy helping themselves to stocked up wine in the Department of Foreign Affairs!!!

2u4szzc.jpg:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They do, but they won't start worrying until they see a large number of second-hand RPGs snapped up on adverts.ie

• Advertisement

It's either that or they are too busy helping themselves to stocked up wine in the Department of Foreign Affairs!!!

2u4szzc.jpg:(

Where are you getting all these cuttings from you crafty devil?

Perhaps this wine would be more suitable for some of our government ministers?

Fianna Fail Wine?

TheZohan wrote: »
    If you start hearing sirens outside your home you know you're fcuked!

If I get locked up I want to be known as :

THE BOARDS.IE ONE

And all you guys have to make signs saying

RELEASE THE

BOARDS.IE

Where are you getting all these cuttings from you crafty devil?

This weekends papers that my parents passed to the wife.

Poll: jic7ro.jpg

This weekends papers that my parents passed to the wife.

Poll: jic7ro.jpg

The man knows how to work a scanner.

The man knows how to work a scanner.

Absolutely. :)

Another things I have been reading/hearing in the media is the NAMA issue.
    From all (and I mean "all") accounts, this thing is turning into one almighty fcuk-up already.
    One aspect alone, they forgot to allow, legislate for businesses that are already in trouble with banks so as the businesses sink, the bank will still get the money from the non-paid loans - guess who from - the tax payer.

Now we are not talking about small change here. We are talking BILLIONS... So much so that not one has been able to even guess how much the banks (and subsequently, it investors!!!) are going to further benefit at the cost to the rest of the public in extra taxes.

For example. one article amid many...

14uchhu.jpg

Fcuking madness.

No wonder the government is gagging those running things by state order!
    We have reached a scary point of no return if they get away with doing that alone!
    The future implications are horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

That_Guy wrote: »
    http://www.fiannafail.ie/page/s/contact

Got a complaint? Then email them.

why bother? they'll just ignore you, here's a challenge try emailing the green party and let us know how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

Do online polls, petitions, or marches make a difference I wonder? Does it make the media take notice and try gather momentum from there?

Do you think it is possible to cause change or are all these a waste of time.

Nobody seems to care much of how this country is being governed, as long as 'Ím alright'. I wonder if it is any different in other countries?

travist wrote: »
    Do online polls, petitions, or marches make a difference I wonder? Does it make the media take notice and try gather momentum from there?

Nobody seems to care much of how this country is being governed, as long as 'Ím alright'. I wonder if it is any different in other countries?

Yes Citizens in the EU stand up for rights . But the Irish are scared to complain

...I wonder if it is any different in other countries?

Well its at times like the present that I wish we were as active in peaceful protest as the French to begin with!

The reason why the fcuks are getting away with it so far is that they know at the end of the day, there is feck all chance of them being held accountable under the present lacklustre, too complacent sheep of this country.

At least those stuck in a certain Thomas Cook office tonight barricaded in, are making a stand for their issues (any issues, it don't have to be government related one).
    People might not agree with their issues - but I for one congratulate them and their willingness to stand up and make some peaceful noise!

Well its at times like the present that I wish we were as active in peaceful protest as them to begin with!

The reason why the fcuks are getting away with it so far is that they know at the end of the day, there is feck all chance of them being held accountable under the present lacklustre, too complacent sheep of this country.

Yeah but Ireland is under the spotlight in the EU so If we marched fr a General Election the whole of Europe would be watching which kinda puts pressure on the Government

I would march no problem

• Advertisement

Yeah but Ireland is under the spotlight in the EU so If we marched fr a General Election the whole of Europe would be watching which kinda puts pressure on the Government

I would march no problem
    You and me both. I'd join you in a flash.

On my own news site, I've already heard from similar, very serious people who are feeling the same way.
    People who have contacted me to join an organisation to take on the government face to face - non-affiliated to ANY political party!
    The FF heads have no idea of the real anger there is out there at ground level amid the average citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

In the past people here seemed to look down on the UK media but you have to hand it to them, they certainly went to town on MPs expenses.

On my own news site, I've already heard from similar, very serious people who are feeling the same way.
    People who have contacted me to join an organisation to take on the government face to face!
    The FF heads have no idea of the real anger there is out there at ground level.

If you hear af anyone planning a march PM me

The French wouldn't take this ****.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    In the past people here seemed to look down on the UK media but you have to hand it to them, they certainly went to town on MPs expenses.

Those expenses were trivial compared to what our shower get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

I read this in the indepedent today...could'nt believe it.

How do they justify these things? :mad: ... (pictures brian cowen standing in front of the other fianna failers with a large bingo-like drum, filled with suggestions entitled "crazy **** that we'll chance and see if we get away with" - BINGO, this weeks winner - Mary Harney with her suggestion "thalidomide victims". Congrats Mary, there's a €7,000 voucher for the government jet :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 padgio

People, its time to put up (with the mess)and shut up (talking about it) or else do something about it, Talk is the easy option, and our politicians have all the ready made answers.
    Look what happened when the elderly took to the streets regarding the medical cards.
    We can all walk around the roads near leinster house on a day when it is fully occupied, jay walking is not an offence in Ireland. It could be a peacful but debilitating protest, even our thick skinned politicians would have to take notice.
    We should take an example from people in other countries.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

i reckon we should march on the dail, and continue to do so untill the those idiots who call themselves our government call a general election.

as someone else said, with the whole lisbon thing, everyone in europe would be watching wat happens. surely they wud cave under that pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

padgio wrote: »
    People, its time to put up (with the mess)and shut up (talking about it) or else do something about it, Talk is the easy option, and our politicians have all the ready made answers.
    Look what happened when the elderly took to the streets regarding the medical cards.
    We can all walk around the roads near leinster house on a day when it is fully occupied, jay walking is not an offence in Ireland. It could be a peacful but debilitating protest, even our thick skinned politicians would have to take notice.
    We should take an example from people in other countries.

those feckers would'nt notice, chances are they'd be on holidays, thick skinned yes, but necks like a jockeys b
    ks would be more apt

• Advertisement

Biggins flashing at people won't accomplish much, the march was a better idea....

Advertisement